• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Santos how I got here!!

panerai153

Supporter
Certified
22/3/06
On the Mighty Mississippi
I will absolutely say this, a few weeks or a month ago, Cartier was not a tiny blip on my radar. In fact, I looked at a Cartier sort of like a Tiffany watch, in other words watches produced by jewelry companies, not pure watch companies. Now, I know that historically this is incorrect, in fact Cartier stands as one of the first if not the first true wristwatch. Now, a confession.For the past year plus, I have been wearing an Apple Watch, first a 4 and now a 5. I wear one for several reasons, but mainly because of all the features. I’m in my 7th decade. I am very active and work a lot outside often out of sight and sound of others. The feature that calls my designated emergency contact should I take a hard fall could be a lifesaver for me. However what led me to look at Cartier was the rectangular shape of the Apple Watch. I feel very comfortable with that shape. I started looking at rectangular and square watches. This of course led me to Cartier. Beautiful watch, very nice, and according to a lot of guys that know a lot more about Cartier than I will ever know, call these super reps. And guess what? They copied a really popular feature of Apple watches, the quick strap change feature. This is a great feature that allows quick and easy strap and bracelet changes. More formal, change to the Black Alligator, casual Friday, the Blue Gator works, get the idea? So when I decided, I searched and was able to buy a Santos XL in a M2M sale. I also was able to buy a genuine Cartier Blue Alligator strap. I haven’t owned the watch for long, and truthfully I doubt that it will replace my Apple watch 5 as a daily wearer, but certainly for more dressy occasions and/or when I want to wear a “real” watch, it will be my go to watch.
So no post about a watch is complete without photos, here is mine on the genuine Blue as well as aa Black rep strap
6eb56f504c8d23688b1b4a7ebf0f10a6.jpg
6198a0c71e236b7c3635947f978f399b.jpg
9f06daabdf64a19c06d66086dbfe013d.jpg
059493dce1eec7c5a6f98a9678b45fc3.jpg
9a1f06c6bd5c5b431f8f7aeb1210c2fb.jpg
a3fc813892f5d95bca0dc5cba887f8d4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Proxy17

Horology Curious
4/1/20
Did you happen to get it with the rep metal bracelet?
if so, does the quick change and link quick change work well?

panerai153

Supporter
Certified
22/3/06
On the Mighty Mississippi
Did you happen to get it with the rep metal bracelet?
if so, does the quick change and link quick change work well?

It did have the metal bracelet. It was separate from the watch when I unpacked it and truthfully, I never tried it on. I am not a fan of metal bracelets,except on certain watches. The Rolex sport models to me all look better on bracelets, likewise the old Omega Seamasters, Doxas, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk