• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which Cartier to buy in gen?

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Not good with Cartier reps..Am thinking to buy a gen Cartier under $5K retail. Which is good option which is not repped well. I don't want to end up buying for which there's already super rep and giving me bad after taste! Suggestions please!

starssuck

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/6/19
Buy something vintage from a reputable dealer or verified private seller. Far more fun!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Is it for you? For your wife/girlfriend? I think for $5k you're hard-pressed to buy anything but a Tank. Whether or not that's WBIG for you I couldn't say. It's one of those pieces where a gen is cheap enough that rep isn't necessarily worth it (imo)

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Is it for you? For your wife/girlfriend? I think for $5k you're hard-pressed to buy anything but a Tank. Whether or not that's WBIG for you I couldn't say. It's one of those pieces where a gen is cheap enough that rep isn't necessarily worth it (imo)
It's for me. I'm thinking between Tank and Ronde Solo 42mm and inclining towards Ronde which we have good rep already out.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
It's for me. I'm thinking between Tank and Ronde Solo 42mm and inclining towards Ronde which we have good rep already out.

I'd go for a Tank. You could always buy a Tank rep first (they're cheap) and see how it feels/looks on your wrist and if you like it enough to buy it in Gen. This is the type of watch that you're not going to flip, or at least with a hefty loss below retail value. I think you will be taking a much bigger hit if you'd buy a gen Ronde.

Reactions: MarkMarky