• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 RG AF 1:1 Best Edition Review from InTime

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Curious how the gold finish holds up. Any updates after one year of usage?

Here's how the rose gold finish held up to rotational (at least once a week) wear over the year at work and I also still wear working from home.

Yes, looks pretty much brand new in real-life too. The strap has worn in nicely. I do a smudge removal polish with microfibre before and after putting it on. Time-Keeping remains very accurate. Still very, very and very happy with it.

Like this so much, that I have a fund set aside for the gen in Steel and Rose Gold. Along with a gen Gold and Steel Santos.

Happy Holidays folks!

Z1KGYk.jpg

Last edited:

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Here's how the rose gold finish held up to rotational (at least once a week) wear over the year at work and I also still wear working from home.

Yes, looks pretty much brand new in real-life too. The strap has worn in nicely. I do a smudge removal polish with microfibre before and after putting it on. Time-Keeping remains very accurate. Still very, very and very happy with it.

Like this so much, that I have a fund set aside for the gen in Steel and Rose Gold. Along with a gen Gold and Steel Santos.

Happy Holidays folks!

Z1KGYk.jpg
Nice! Good to hear. Was always curious how rep gold held up. Unfortunately you can't order it anymore haha ???? or is it me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 met Tapatalk

SKnight

8/7/19
I second @axel.gold, i've had mine since July, and I too wear it quite often as its one of my absolute favourites and its held up very well!

I too have been contemplating saving up for the gen, however I have had the opportunity to view the gen and although wasn't able to do a direct comparison as I wasnt wearing mine on the day, I honestly couldnt see the difference.

The only real difference was the strap, not so much in terms of look but it terms of feel. It was more supple and already curved so it sat better on the wrist.
However, I wouldn't say it was substantially better.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Ok guys. You caught me in a weak moment... I pulled the trigger. It will be in the for sale section soon as this means bankruptcy xD one hell of an expensive month!!!

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
I second @axel.gold, i've had mine since July, and I too wear it quite often as its one of my absolute favourites and its held up very well!

I too have been contemplating saving up for the gen, however I have had the opportunity to view the gen and although wasn't able to do a direct comparison as I wasnt wearing mine on the day, I honestly couldnt see the difference.

The only real difference was the strap, not so much in terms of look but it terms of feel. It was more supple and already curved so it sat better on the wrist.
However, I wouldn't say it was substantially better.

Happy Holidays everyone!

As an FYI, I was able to get a Cartier Santos genuine strap by calling in. I'm held off doing same for the Solo, as I do intend to buy the gen.

Reactions: jcagara08

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
How much is the genuine strap? Are the cheap ones from DHgate Aliexpress even worth it? Planning to buy for me and my wife.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Voo-doo

SKnight

8/7/19
As an FYI, I was able to get a Cartier Santos genuine strap by calling in. I'm held off doing same for the Solo, as I do intend to buy the gen.

Thanks for the heads up, i'll look into that!!

Out of curiosity, if the rep is so good which it is, and it can be made better with a gen strap why are you intending to go the gen route?
Wouldnt it be worth spending that money on a watch which doesnt have a super/ NWBIG rep??

Reactions: axel.gold

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
How much is the genuine strap? Are the cheap ones from DHgate Aliexpress even worth it? Planning to buy for me and my wife.

Not sure about Ali Express. But, will say the ones the rep provide are quite nice and with the right dealer you can get other colours when you order.

I don’t know how much the genuine Solo’s cost. I had bought a Santos strap (Need to look it up in my receipts). Note, at least for the Santo, Cartier only sells the straps and no buckle unless you can bring in a gen for them to fit on.

I called on over the phone to order and explained the extra strap was a gift.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcagara08

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Thanks for the heads up, i'll look into that!!

Out of curiosity, if the rep is so good which it is, and it can be made better with a gen strap why are you intending to go the gen route?
Wouldnt it be worth spending that money on a watch which doesnt have a super/ NWBIG rep??

You are right. It’s not based on logic, I just like the Tank that much, and as a collector want the real thing :).

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Not sure about Ali Express. But, will say the ones the rep provide are quite nice and with the right dealer you can get other colours when you order.

I don’t know how much the genuine Solo’s cost. I had bought a Santos strap (Need to look it up in my receipts). Note, at least for the Santo, Cartier only sells the straps and no buckle unless you can bring in a gen for them to fit on.

I called on over the phone to order and explained the extra strap was a gift.
Thanks man, will try to get the budget up for the best reps from our TDs. Great trick on that strap! I hate Swatch group for being such an arse for restricting parts sales,

Reactions: axel.gold

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
axel.gold thanks for the review. Would you be able to do a side by side shot of the K11 and Af next to each other? So we could easily A/B them? Possible a shot with all three and gen in the middle to compare? Thanks!

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Voo-doo beautiful watch. Looks nwbig. What factory is this?

Hi , thanks! Is really looks stunning! Not sure if it's nwbig but because of the sole reason that i haven't seen a rosegold tank irl. But if i look at the comparison of axel.gold it's nwbig.
Strangely owning this great rep makes you want to have the gen... Not because it's not good enough but i can't explain what it actually is. TS is also going for the gen and i caught myself looking at gen's on C24 way too often :wingnut:

v_constantin

Looking Around
25/11/20
Got my cartier tank solo small size ZF last month. Really good.

Is anyone know about the size of the strap? 16mm or 17mm? Wanna change mine..thankyou

GeorgianCrusader.885CE

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/20
Dzveli Aryavurt
Hi, for the Steel version it's on order but this time with Li from jTime. I checked with Li and the Factory is K11.

sorry does this mean you got the Tank SS too? can't find a review for that. wondering if it is as accurate as the RG version (or more considering thats solid SS instead of RG plating)
although the deployant buckle might be what makes it less accurate to gen?

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
Sorry for stupid question. Is gen tank solo rose gold is platted or wrap? If it’s real gold I guess the weight will be way off compare to a rep?