• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 RG AF 1:1 Best Edition Review from InTime

Watch-a-say

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/18
You say "similar" were would you point out the differences in the wearing experience?

Given I am interested in the SS option it would in my eyes nearly (given it is really replicated almost 1:1) be according to the gen due to the same materials being used?

It's been many months since I tried it on at the AD so I don't remember for sure, but only difference in wearing experience for me might be the strap. The one that comes with this rep is decent but in general leather straps that come with reps aren't the greatest. That said, I haven't changed the strap on mine, it's been good enough for me thus far.

Hope that helps!

xenic

28/1/14
Could you please post a photo of the side profile of the watch? In the other thread, it seemed like the crown wasn't centered in between the top and bottom of the watch.

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
From the Cartier Tank Solo Small Rep, there was a request for wrist shots (5.75") comparing large versus small. Keep in mind everything on camera tends to look bigger.

Just taking a bit of time as I have to overlay and resize the images for an apples to apples comparison.

Last edited:

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
From the Cartier Tank Solo Small Rep, there was a request for wrist shots (5.75") comparing large versus small. Keep in mind watches on wrist in camera tends to look bigger than they are.

Resized and overlay for an apples to apples comparison,

JVFIQ.gif

Gen Tank Solo Small Rose Gold W5200024,

JVGdL.jpg

Rep Tank Solo Large Rose Gold W5200025,

JVSxR.jpg

Though I can pull off both, I find I prefer the Large.

Last edited:

Watch-a-say

10/10/18
From the Cartier Tank Solo Small Rep, there was a request for wrist shots (5.75") comparing large versus small. Keep in mind watches on wrist in camera tends to look bigger than they are.

Resized and overlay for an apples to apples comparison,

JVFIQ.gif

Though I can pull off both, I find I prefer the Large.

Appreciate the overlaid gif, super helpful. Agreed, they both look and work great.

Watch-a-say

10/10/18
axel.gold The color looks slightly different between the two photos which affects the comparison of the gold on the cases; how does the rep compare to the gen IRL in your opinion?

Last edited:
Reactions: axel.gold

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
axel.gold The color looks slightly different between the two photos which affects the comparison of the gold on the cases; how does the rep compare to the gen IRL in your opinion?

Good point. In real life you can't tell the difference even in sunlight side-by-side. It only shows up on camera, I believe under sunlight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Watch-a-say

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Great review,

would you say that the rose gold rep keeps the color good?
how is the color holding? Would you say it is better to go for the stainless steel?

Reactions: cap923 and compi

compi

Looking Around
21/8/20
Great review,

would you say that the rose gold rep keeps the color good?
how is the color holding? Would you say it is better to go for the stainless steel?

my biggest concern as well. I like the gold version way better but I'm concerned about the durability of gold plating.

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
my biggest concern as well. I like the gold version way better but I'm concerned about the durability of gold plating.

Curious if anyone have any experience on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammysam

7/10/15
Wondering the same thing. Hadn’t had a gold plated one in a while. The last one I had was the Big Bang v6.5 and lasted for 3 years so not to bad ...

Sammysam

7/10/15
compi still have it. And still going strong. But I’m starting to see slight discoloring on the edges

Reactions: compi

Genera74

29/12/14
Hi i wanna buy this watch and plan to throw on a 20mm strap. I just realized it has the quick strap change mechanics (pic belo) while my strap is normal spring bar. I wonder how do u fit a normal leather spring bar strap? Do u need other special tool?

Thanks!

295f3f8ec19166778d8c7d2a73a9f9cd.jpg

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Hi i wanna buy this watch and plan to throw on a 20mm strap. I just realized it has the quick strap change mechanics (pic belo) while my strap is normal spring bar. I wonder how do u fit a normal leather spring bar strap? Do u need other special tool?

Thanks!

295f3f8ec19166778d8c7d2a73a9f9cd.jpg

Nothing special needed. quick release spring bar works just like a normal spring bar, but no spring bar tool needed.

Mr.Swackhammer

On the hunt
Certified
5/1/17
The North, Europe
Hi, I did not see a review for this yet so giving back to the community.

I purchased the Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 Large Model, 18k Pink Gold and Steel Quartz, Leather normally retails for $6,860 CAD from InTime RG AF 1:1 Best Edition. I think AF references the Factory?

My wife owns the smaller Gen Tank Solo W5200024 held up with it here,
Urchv.jpg

Bottom line, I was very impressed, especially on how spot on the watch looked held beside my wife's gen in terms of print, embossing and surprisingly Rose Gold colouring.

The leather strap also blew me away in replicating her gen - thin, stiff to start but then works-in molding to your wrist. The embossed alligator... feel and look is just the same as my wife's real alligator strap. To nit-pick the colour is slightly darker, but (shrug) that may actually be due to the models or it may vary (anybody care to comment?).

Quartz timing ... as expected is very accurate.

I know a Cartier Tank is not often viewed as manly or have horological significance, but maybe this Hoodinkee video review might change your mind.

I like my reps to be very accurate and in my opinion, the rep Cartier Solos are at the top of the list.

How is the watch today after the time that passed?

Voo-doo

22/7/19
Curious how the gold finish holds up. Any updates after one year of usage?