• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 RG AF 1:1 Best Edition Review from InTime

D1m1tr1

Known Member
14/1/19
Comparsion pic.

The Cartier word on the AF Tank Solo is a little different.
On the AF version the letter A is correct just the wrong side of the letter is the thinner side.
The letter T & I is thinner in the middle.
But I don't know Im not an expert and maybe the lights or the quality of the pictures are illusive.
Tbh it's nitpicking. This watch is an amazing rep. Easily first class.

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Hi there.

Now TDs are back online and I am trying to order but have not decided yet.

Will definetly get SS version, and thinking to get additional Small size RG Panthere or Small Size RG Tank Solo(25mm).

Could you be possible to share the side by side picture of your SS Penthere (22mm) and gen Tank Solo RG(25mm)?

My wify has the small wrist and 25mm Tank might be little big for her.

Thanks in advance!

Robin.Hood, took a quick snaps with iPhone in poor morning light. Not the best quality, but should give you an idea.

yxBKk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Robin.Hood

Robin.Hood

8/11/17
Robin.Hood, took a quick snaps with iPhone in poor morning light. Not the best quality, but should give you an idea.

yxBKk.jpg
yxrRD.jpg
yxQ9o.jpg
@axel.brass perfecto!!

Thank you alot for your update. Was looking forward to.

TD seems to have small Tank Solo(25mm) from AF so I will order too.

Will update you!

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Robin.Hood ​​Ah wait, you wanted the Gen tank Solo. That's my replica Tank Solo which is 34.8 mm x 27.4 mm. Everyone's asleep now, but I'll do a snap tomorrow morning if you still need it.

Robin.Hood

8/11/17
Robin.Hood ​​Ah wait, you wanted the Gen tank Solo. That's my replica Tank Solo which is 34.8 mm x 27.4 mm. Everyone's asleep now, but I'll do a snap tomorrow morning if you still need it.
Haha.
It looks little bigger than I expected so check again that I was asking to compare with gen.
If you are free, update will be most appreciated.
Sleep tight!

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Robin.Hood correct gen Solo W5200024 31mm x 24.4mm now in the pictures.

However when I passed by the AD today (window), I realized my AF tank's word 'Cartier' in comparison to the gen is a little thinner? (or not as 3D)

I was wondering if you felt the same in comparison to your wife's gen

s410105 what factory did you buy from? I can't see with my eye differences with the print embossing less 3D. Hope these photos help.D1m1tr1 agree with you on all points looking really closely.

1zJDD.jpg
1zVok.jpg
1zg0J.jpg
1zcTo.jpg
13Z5P.jpg

Last edited:

Robin.Hood

8/11/17
axel.brass Thanks for the update! Great comparison.
Just placed an order of Small size of Panthere SS and RG Tank Solo. Thanks a lot for the useful info.

s410105

Horology Curious
26/7/14
axel.brass
Thank you again for those updated photos. :)
I also have the AF in SS
I do think that gen has slightly has thicker wording, however no one will notice it unless place them side by side
I also order a panthere for my partner, thanks to you.
Lovely review on them cartiers :)

Last edited:

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
axel.brass sorry if you already posted the measurements but could you please give the lug & buckle width and length of the strap? i am planning to get a real croc. aftermarket strap. therefore to know the measurements in advance would help a lot.

cheers,

Last edited:

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
sorry if you already posted the measurements but could you please give the lug & buckle width and length of the strap? i am planning to get a real croc. aftermarket strap. therefore to know the measurements in advance would help a lot.

cheers,

sorry if you already posted the measurements but could you please give the lug & buckle width and length of the strap? i am planning to get a real croc. aftermarket strap. therefore to know the measurements in advance would help a lot.

cheers,

[mention]160million [/mention] here are the measurements.

Just to clarify are you taking a genuine Cartier Strap?

Please let me know it goes. It was quite difficult to measure without scratching :).

ff5a642a3a7715fc3ecb3aeb3287448e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Watch-a-say

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/18
I picked one of these up from InTime a few months back. It looks and feels nice for the price and is pretty similar to the one that I tried at the AD. Especially given that it's quartz, this one is NWBIG for me.

omegaraiden

Horology Curious
25/11/19
nice review.
just for my uinderstanding. it´s defined as a womens watch but you, a male, wear it? beautfil piece, thinking about getting one for myself. as i have baby wrists it should look not too feminine.

kind regards,
160million

I guess you could say it even is a pretty manly watch given that it is worn throughout the movie history by numerous stars. You can even see it in mafia epics such as Goodfellas. But still, you need to be able to rock it

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
First flaw I notice is the fact that the crown is flatter than on the video of Matt Hranek.

Sorry if it has already been answered but I read this post with its comments for the first time now and I would like to point out, that the one in the video from Hodinkee is a Cartier Tank LOUIS -> it has the rounded "frame" lines and the very pointed crown crystal/diamond.

The "normal" Tank Solo (not matter if YG, RG or SS) has the flat "frame" lines and a less pointed crown crystal/diamond.

As far is I compared photos and also seeing the OPs comparisson I would (and please dont shoot me) go for possible super rep?

What would you say?

Reactions: axel.gold

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
I picked one of these up from InTime a few months back. It looks and feels nice for the price and is pretty similar to the one that I tried at the AD. Especially given that it's quartz, this one is NWBIG for me.

You say "similar" were would you point out the differences in the wearing experience?

Given I am interested in the SS option it would in my eyes nearly (given it is really replicated almost 1:1) be according to the gen due to the same materials being used?

Reactions: axel.gold

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
You say "similar" were would you point out the differences in the wearing experience?

Given I am interested in the SS option it would in my eyes nearly (given it is really replicated almost 1:1) be according to the gen due to the same materials being used?

I've done a review of the stainless steel models here,
I also have purchased the Rep Tank Solo Large Steel Quartz WSTA0028 (K11 Facotry) too, which is of same quality as the WSTA0030.