• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Tank Solo W5200025 RG AF 1:1 Best Edition Review from InTime

SKnight

8/7/19
axel.brass cheers bro.

Really appreciate the swift response :).

One quick question, which factory is the Panthere from??

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
axel.brass cheers bro.

check the cartier section - there is a comparison posted by Kobe24 side by side with the gen naming the factory

and what is left to say - it is gorgeous.
...And i‘m pretty sure the majority of women is not as enthusiastic as we are over here so some small inaccuracies can be well accepted as long as they are not quality issues ;)

but see it for yourself - IMO it is not worth buying in gen after seeing the comparison.

Reactions: axel.gold

SKnight

8/7/19

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
axel.brass cheers bro.

I got the watch from intime here and the Factory is 8848F,
https://www.intime05.co/cartier/578...n-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ronda-quartz.html

Here's another detailed review from a blogger with nice pictures,
http://www.susanreviews.com/tag/8848f/

Per BIONONE most women won't look closely. My wife is also a watch enthusiast (she got me into watches) and she did not notice at all. Personally, I'd go for the best pricing for your fiance :) as I'm sure she'd rather spend the money on the wedding :).

Reactions: Robin.Hood

SKnight

8/7/19
axel.brass BIONONE

​​​​​​thanks for the sound advise, very much appreciated :) . This forum is honestly amazing.

btw any experience with the Drive de Cartier reps??

Robin.Hood

8/11/17
I got the watch from intime here and the Factory is 8848F,
https://www.intime05.co/cartier/578...n-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ronda-quartz.html

Here's another detailed review from a blogger with nice pictures,
http://www.susanreviews.com/tag/8848f/

Per BIONONE most women won't look closely. My wife is also a watch enthusiast (she got me into watches) and she did not notice at all. Personally, I'd go for the best pricing for your fiance :) as I'm sure she'd rather spend the money on the wedding :).
Hi, my wife is also looking for small size cartier, and your post helped me a lot! Hope you are done with busy stuffs and post review in Panthere. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
First flaw I notice is the fact that the crown is flatter than on the video of Matt Hranek.

Hi Omagad it's not obvious (as not specified) but I believe the video with Matt Hranek is of a Tank Louise, not a Tank Solo which has the difference in crown.

Voo-doo

22/7/19
thanks for the review! Cartiers are really sophisticated and you will see them a lot less compared to rolex's and stuff. Not sure about them nog being manly, they look chique and dressy to me. So I would definetely want to own one some day!

As for the comparison, they did a great job. It seems that the brush on the gen is a bit nicer, but other than that it look gorgeous.

Wear it in good health :)

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
nice review.
just for my uinderstanding. it´s defined as a womens watch but you, a male, wear it? beautfil piece, thinking about getting one for myself. as i have baby wrists it should look not too feminine.

kind regards,
160million

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
nice review.
just for my uinderstanding. it´s defined as a womens watch but you, a male, wear it? beautfil piece, thinking about getting one for myself. as i have baby wrists it should look not too feminine.

kind regards,
160million

Hi 160million the Cartier Solo is considered Unisex and that's reflected in the quoted Hodinkee article and also their website with Men's Large and Women's Large pointing to the same watch.

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
Hi 160million the Cartier Solo is considered Unisex and that's reflected in the quoted Hodinkee article and also their website with Men's Large and Women's Large pointing to the same watch.

ah i did not know that. Was confused with the measurements on the cartier website compared to the ones on the replica page.
but beautfiul watch. thinking about pulling the trigger and getting one for myself

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
@axel.brass The images on their site make the watch look like yellow gold, yet your images more-closely replicate the gen. Very strange.

Yes. I suspect the watches there were taken under a very bright white colour temperature lighting. Great for showing flaws, but not so much for showing proper colour.

That is why I almost did not buy myself. But thankfully, in one of my first new topic posts here, other forum members had given me the confidence that the colour would be very close to gen.

Last edited:

Robin.Hood

8/11/17
axel.brass Hi there.

Now TDs are back online and I am trying to order but have not decided yet.

Will definetly get SS version, and thinking to get additional Small size RG Panthere or Small Size RG Tank Solo(25mm).

Could you be possible to share the side by side picture of your SS Penthere (22mm) and gen Tank Solo RG(25mm)?

My wify has the small wrist and 25mm Tank might be little big for her.

Thanks in advance!

s410105

Horology Curious
26/7/14
axel.brass thanks a million for this wonderful review, really appreciate it.

I got my self the SS version, and is very satisfied with it.

However when I passed by the AD today (window), I realized my AF tank's word 'Cartier' in comparison to the gen is a little thinner? (or not as 3D)

I was wondering if you felt the same in comparison to your wife's gen

Again, cheers :)

Reactions: axel.gold