• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need advice on Santos de Cartier 35mm 2018 GF 9015 Movement

IGotTheTime

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
15/7/19
Hi,
I'm seeking some advice regarding the movement in the Santos de Cartier 35mm 2018 GF which has the Miyota 9015 movement. I have heard that this movement is a reliable workhorse. However, people have also stated that it is extremely loud compared to other movements. If anyone owns one and could tell me if their movement noise is an issue and whether it is that noticeable would be very helpful. If the noise on the 9015 movement is unbearable then I will be going for the Santos 100 38mm SS V6F which uses the A2824 movement. The links to both are:

2018 with bracelet: https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...links-bracelet-miyota-9015-free-leather.html#

Santos 100 with strap: https://puretimewatch.io/santos-100...-white-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a2824.html

Thanks in advance!

rowlecks

Looking Around
4/1/20
Long time lurker and I registered an account just to answer you both.

I have the exact aforementioned replica. While the build quality (as well as the quick switch bracelet) is amazing, the movement is so damn noisy that you can hear the rotor spinning across the room. I am embarrassed to wear it for this reason

Reactions: misco

Theilluminati

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/19
Yes I sold my GF Cartier Santos 35mm because of this reason. The rotor spin is so loud it screams rep to anyone nearby. Such a shame because it was beautiful.

Does anyone own any other Santos that has very little rotor noise?

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
I have a lot of 9015 based watches and haven't found this to be an issue on my GF 35mm. If I move my wrist violently then yes I can hear the rotor move, but in normal use I haven't heard it once.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Sharki06

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/5/18
I just receive the 40mm santos from GF, and it's 100% quiet , some other rep with 9015 are much noiser than this GF. (which is a super rep to my eye, only the leather strap buckle is shit)

Last edited:

Theilluminati

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/3/19
Thats interesting. Maybe I just had a bad one. I may take a punt at the 35mm BVF Santos in YG/SS. Hopefully it will be as quiet as yours.

Dmage

Known Member
4/7/19
My GF 35mm was very quiet when I first received it. Now it’s noisy with some specific arm movements. It’s not bothering me enough atm, but I may ask my watchmaker to put some oil in next time I meet him.

Copperwood

Horology Curious
14/12/21
old thread but yes just got santos medium and the rotar is very loud by any standard. Still love it but curious if there is a way to update the rotor to a heavier one?