• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Santos superrep?

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Guys, for this amount+a free, great leather strap+deployant vs the gen there is no reason to even discuss about it.
The blue dial as a rep IS great, the mvm is butter smooth, the date change on midnight is prompt, the rest, especially a hardly noticeable font is absolutely irrelevant imo.
It's a great rep altogether with a very comfy and indistinguishable ss bracelet, the quick change link work flawlessly vice versa.
definitely a new fav was born ;)

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Sincerely the V6F or GF Santos reps are so close to the gen, I don't care about the date wheel font. Would be nice if the factories take note, though. Even then, it would not justify an upgrade for me, I think.

jimmy6

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Looks like the v2 has a grey looking watch crown or is it just the light?

It's just the light.

https://jtime.cc/us/santos-de-carti...on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015-v2.html

dsc_0112_3.jpg

Reactions: tobitron11

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I couldn’t resist, I ordered it anyway ????

Unfortunately the first qc pic i got, the date wheel is not centred and sits to the left, so hoping he will change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
Please can a happy owner tell me if the large GF (blue) will fit to a 8,1“ wrist without buying extra links?

wewillrock123

30/11/18
Europe
Im stuck between V6F and GF for the 35mm version, GF is sourceable about V6F i would need to ask , anyone that had both models in hand ?

SKnight

8/7/19
Im stuck between V6F and GF for the 35mm version, GF is sourceable about V6F i would need to ask , anyone that had both models in hand ?

leo6929 has both and he said they're both too quality. I have the GF and had the opportunity to compare it to the gen, will share pictures when I get a chance, and there was no noticeable difference.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
leo6929 has both and he said they're both too quality. I have the GF and had the opportunity to compare it to the gen, will share pictures when I get a chance, and there was no noticeable difference.

Yes, I think V6F and GF are on par in quality. The other factories, not so much. Just my personal opinion.

wewillrock123

30/11/18
Europe

thabk you for the answer, comparison would be really nice.

v6f is not available anymore so I went with GF

Reactions: leo6929

danbrown527

Horology Curious
11/3/21
Just got the GF V2 Santos XL and was curious to see what you guys thought of bracelet. I haven’t owned a gem Cartier yet but the bracelet felt light. Mind you I’m use to Rolex stainless which is completely different. The watch with stainless bracelet is 4.7 oz. Maybe this is now Cartier feels wanted to know thoughts. Thanks!

atozzotas

7/1/15
Just got the GF V2 Santos XL and was curious to see what you guys thought of bracelet. I haven’t owned a gem Cartier yet but the bracelet felt light. Mind you I’m use to Rolex stainless which is completely different. The watch with stainless bracelet is 4.7 oz. Maybe this is now Cartier feels wanted to know thoughts. Thanks!

The gen bracelet feels basically the same to GF, I have a gen and a few reps of the santos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk