• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Santos superrep?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Which one do you like more? And which do you use more?

The blue GF is the best in terms of quality of the dial, brushing and the steel color, at least when I've had the opportunity to see the blue gen. Best bracelets are first the V6F (best screws) and then the GF.

I like them all, but lately I'm wearing the black dial/bezel V6F. The one I let go for its low quality was the blue BVF.

Reactions: Palace and asanibal

Tony12345

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/20
i want to order a white dial Santos 2018 XL too these days but I wonder how comes that the V6 is on the NWBIG lost but people prefer the GF here?

Should the Lust be updated or is there another reason?

Oski777

25/11/17
l Santos 2018 XL too these days but I wonder how comes that the V6 is on the NWBIG lost but people prefer the GF here?

Should the Lust be updated or is there another reason?

from my understanding only Blue version of GF is preferred, while overall V6 is having a Lush finish especially on the bracelet, that's why should be in the NWBIG list

SKnight

8/7/19
I have the GF, and ive compared it to the gen, and quite honestly i left no difference it terms of the quality/ feel of the bracelet. Hence its hard for me to believe the V6 bracelet could be better as sincerely belive the GF bracelet is the benchmark. However i dont own the V6 maybe leo6929 can comment as I believe he owns both

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Yes I have both the blue GF (top of the line, really) and the black bezel V6F. Best overall looking watch is the blue GF I think. And if you put the V6F and GF bracelets side to side, I think the V6F would win by a very, very narrow hair. But this comparison will never take place in real life, so yeah, you could say that either one is a sure bet.

Tony12345

29/5/20
I just read the Santos 2018 thread completely (again) and man.. there are so many factories producing this beauty. And every factories has their proponents. I guess I will stick to the GF because so many people are happy with it and my guts also prefer this one.

I love the look of the combination with a croco strap so I will order either a gen one or from a 3rd party website so if the GF bracelet is a tiny bit worse (on a very high level) than the VSF, it is already balanced again by the lower price (a TD will sell it to me for 383$ shipping included what is a pretty fair price).

because of the „thin font flaw“ the only thing I had in mind is that GF could maybe release a V2 in the near future since Cartier is pretty popular in China..? not sure how probably this is though and if it’s even worth waiting.

Oski777

25/11/17
I just read the Santos 2018 thread completely (again) and man.. there are so many factories producing this beauty. And every factories has their proponents. I guess I will stick to the GF because so many people are happy with it and my guts also prefer this one.

I love the look of the combination with a croco strap so I will order either a gen one or from a 3rd party website so if the GF bracelet is a tiny bit worse (on a very high level) than the VSF, it is already balanced again by the lower price (a TD will sell it to me for 383$ shipping included what is a pretty fair price).

because of the „thin font flaw“ the only thing I had in mind is that GF could maybe release a V2 in the near future since Cartier is pretty popular in China..? not sure how probably this is though and if it’s even worth waiting.

Mate this is a real sort of paranoia...pull the trigger, and eventually your collection will start taking shape, this version is already a NWBIG, what should make you complain from a possible V2? Go for the gen then..it's not that expensive in the end..

Lewbowski

28/1/17
I’ve purchased 3/4 different versions of the genuine models from auctions of the last 18 months or so. Each time I’ve received the watch I have automatically believed it was a replica due to the poor quality, sharp edges, and just general low standards. Cartier don’t seem to be what they used to be.
it’s the same with their calibre models (one of which was, but my god if I didn’t have a genuine at the same time to compare, I would have found it very difficult to tell).

Watchfinder have accepted and paid out every time.

Reactions: Tony12345

Bendori

2/5/16
I’ve purchased 3/4 different versions of the genuine models from auctions of the last 18 months or so. Each time I’ve received the watch I have automatically believed it was a replica due to the poor quality, sharp edges, and just general low standards. Cartier don’t seem to be what they used to be.
it’s the same with their calibre models (one of which was, but my god if I didn’t have a genuine at the same time to compare, I would have found it very difficult to tell).

Watchfinder have accepted and paid out every time.

Have you bought a rep and compared? How was it/how were them? Cheers

roliwear

5/1/17
Which factory has the superrep NWBIG Santos large with a WHITE dial in all stainless steel?

I know the NWBIG list says "Santos XL V6" but that is one loose, ill-fitting description. First, there's no V6 available, only the V6F and second, 40mm is the largest they come, no XL available unless one is talking about for 100XL.

Below are the links from two TDs for the closest I could find based on the NWBIG list description for the Santos. Are these it? Are these the superrep NWBIG Santos?

https://puretimewatch.io/santos-de-...al-on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015.html

http://www.hontwatch.ru/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=54_196&products_id=12805

J3DD

28/7/20
MB, Canada
Which factory has the superrep NWBIG Santos large with a WHITE dial in all stainless steel?

I know the NWBIG list says "Santos XL V6" but that is one loose, ill-fitting description. First, there's no V6 available, only the V6F and second, 40mm is the largest they come, no XL available unless one is talking about for 100XL.

Below are the links from two TDs for the closest I could find based on the NWBIG list description for the Santos. Are these it? Are these the superrep NWBIG Santos?

https://puretimewatch.io/santos-de-...al-on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015.html

http://www.hontwatch.ru/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=54_196&products_id=12805

I could be wrong but I think the NWBIG list version is this one:

https://jtime.cc/us/santos-de-carti...on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015-v2.html

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Qc received FYI.
Just made a comparison with the gen pics in same angle and the dial is stunning.
The sunburst effect is great also the alignement of the markers.
Asked for a couple of more pics, will share those too
768acb651e3fcdb8370c8f29e27c9921.jpg
46c36f2814479918413cbd64769715e3.jpg
cce41c9201d8e10e15a63cbc392d1ccf.jpg
d16b071523c939c268c9ee231af7cb3a.jpg
824ffc6dfac693682659b0070e87f351.jpg
17988f6ae85293b4b95b305a0d2d84b9.jpg
d37d7f5f6f0a78b2527aa2d89e6335df.jpg
f89f4871a07da7cc3dce59b35b707960.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Jasyd

Horology Curious
23/1/21
As promised, comparison of the KOR, BVF and GF, in that order in the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This thread helped me pull the trigger on this one, the Qc has an amplitude of 234 at 52’, do you think that’s ok or too low? Should I ask for another ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

coooool

Known Member
4/6/12
Please can anyone tell if the V6F version fit the gen Cartier strap without any issue? I have already the strap which is expensive so I do not want to buy the the version (V6F) if it dose not fit.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Please can anyone tell if the V6F version fit the gen Cartier strap without any issue? I have already the strap which is expensive so I do not want to buy the the version (V6F) if it dose not fit.

I have my black V6F with a gen black croc strap. Everyhing is fine.