• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Santos superrep?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I have the gen blue calf strap from Cartier and successfully attached them to the BVF and the GF Santos blue rep. Takes some effort to remove them, but they are worth it. They didn't fit on my white KOR, tough.

Reactions: phdsjain

k94n99

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/20
I have the gen blue calf strap from Cartier and successfully attached them to the BVF and the GF Santos blue rep. Takes some effort to remove them, but they are worth it. They didn't fit on my white KOR, tough.

Oh, I see. That’s great news at least.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: leo6929

montrefrance

21/7/20
Is the medium 35mm one needing a 18, 19 or 20mm strap.
From my research it is an 18mm but Gen is 19mm.

Envoyé de mon LYA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

LowKeyNovice

29/7/20
I saw a strap maker here in Singapore that makes customized strap. Quicklink included

http://www.solitaireofficial.com/sto...Cartier.html#/

Cost about $280 (Gen strap around $400 i think). Not sure if they ship internationally though. I'll buy one once my santos arrives.

I can't figure out from their website, do you have to provide them with the hardware? Or do you just order what you want, and it shows up ready to wear. Their use of the term "bespoke" and "by appointment" makes me more concerned, not less. lol.

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
I can't figure out from their website, do you have to provide them with the hardware? Or do you just order what you want, and it shows up ready to wear. Their use of the term "bespoke" and "by appointment" makes me more concerned, not less. lol.

I just talked with them the other day and yes it's by appointment so basically they don't ship outside Singapore.
They will measure the watch and customize the strap based on customer's taste.

k94n99

29/3/20
I just talked with them the other day and yes it's by appointment so basically they don't ship outside Singapore.
They will measure the watch and customize the strap based on customer's taste.

Oh damn, I was speaking to one of the guys from Solitaire the other day and he knew I was from the UK, but didn’t say anything about not shipping there.

Sent from the RWI App

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
Oh damn, I was speaking to one of the guys from Solitaire the other day and he knew I was from the UK, but didn’t say anything about not shipping there.

Sent from the RWI App

You can still try to ask them maybe they can do that for you. Ask them for a quote shipped to UK. If the price is the same as gen cartier strap, then just buy the gen strap.

k94n99

29/3/20
You can still try to ask them maybe they can do that for you. Ask them for a quote shipped to UK. If the price is the same as gen cartier strap, then just buy the gen strap.

I’ll ask him, he seems very helpful at least.

Sent from the RWI App

LowKeyNovice

29/7/20
I don't mean to be insufferable, but could someone explain to me how to source a gen strap? Cartier website is a bust. Didn't find anything on chrono. I must be doing something wrong?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I bought mine in a Cartier boutique without bringing the watch.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Hey guys, how big/small does the 35mm wear compared to other watches?? Do any of you have a 35mm and other model to sit next to for a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
I asked in other tread, but if you can help me here.. Which version care a less noisy movement on Santos 40mm??
KoR, v6, or RXw or GF? Interested in white dial

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
I have a KOR, GF, BVF and V6F, the V6F is probably the quietest of all, but it also may depend on your luck.
Ok. Thanks!! If it very noisy, what exactly oil I have to use to make it more silent?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Ok. Thanks!! If it very noisy, what exactly oil I have to use to make it more silent?

No idea. I would have a watchsmith put a drop in there since I'm not knowledgeable in the matter.