• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Santos superrep?

Dominus77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/19
I’m hoping that GF will rep the new santos 2020 ADLC models, especially the one with full black ADLC coating and rubberised bracelet made to look like steel bracelet.

caprioles9000

22/6/17
I’m hoping that GF will rep the new santos 2020 ADLC models, especially the one with full black ADLC coating and rubberised bracelet made to look like steel bracelet.

V6F just released the 2 tone adlc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: I_Love_Coffee

Xiiaodiit

7/3/18
Singapore
Reading through the threads.. seems like nobody is getting the v6f white dial version ?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Just ordered the GF in 35mm from Ryan - hoping to receive QC soon since I'd love this watch for my summer vacation.

What are the typical QC issues / flaws to look out for, since this is my first Cartier? I own a lot of Rolex / Omega and AP, there I usually know what to look for.

Thanks and best regards :)

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
Just ordered the GF in 35mm from Ryan - hoping to receive QC soon since I'd love this watch for my summer vacation.

What are the typical QC issues / flaws to look out for, since this is my first Cartier? I own a lot of Rolex / Omega and AP, there I usually know what to look for.

Because the dials don't have applied markers, very few. I've never had to red light any of the Cartier clones I've bought.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: iamxd

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17

With the 35mm, there’s not much to look out for. However, below are points worth noting when checking your QC images.

1) Pay attention to the recessed screws on the bracelet and ensure they sit flush.

2) Check that the cabochon is fixed nice and central on the crown and again that it sits flush (is not wonky, slanted etc.).

3) Thickness should be around 9mm which is as close to gen as you’re going to get (gen thickness is 8.83mm). If you ask the QC team they will send you an image showing the thickness by using callipers to measure the dimensions.

Other than those points above, it’s pretty accurate all round as you haven’t got to worry about date alignment, font etc., unlike the 40mm, which for me is one of the biggest telltales if you’re unlucky and receive a bad batch (as I did hence opted for the 35mm instead).

If you check my latest posts you’ll see my sales thread for this exact watch a couple weeks back which should give you an idea of what to expect.

Hope this helps - J.

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Thank you so much for the input, definitely helped a lot!

Since the dial isn't that complicated I hope that they can't mess up that much, so not much to look out for :)

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
Just ordered the 35mm as well. What's the strap size for this? 20mm?

Was looking to get a blue leather strap for it like this:

Cartier-Santos-SS.003.jpg

Last edited:

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City

fuck off thats beautiful ! was patiently waiting for the two tone (YG/SS) santos in 35MM by GF but this might seal the deal for me.
Nice posts

Reactions: J3DD

montrefrance

21/7/20

Beautiful combo, w2c that strap?

Envoyé de mon LYA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Probably will need to make a custom one, since this watch has the Quickswitch system. I like the brown leather one which is included, so I'll be happy for the moment :)

montrefrance

21/7/20
Probably will need to make a custom one, since this watch has the Quickswitch system. I like the brown leather one which is included, so I'll be happy for the moment :)
I tried to reach out to vendors and there is no other options than buy from Cartier directly.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I saw elsewhere in the forum some time ago a custom brown alligator strap with Quikcswitch system done for a member. But it wasn't cheap.

montrefrance

21/7/20
Original for cow is $200 and Alligator is $350 supposedly. Haven't double checked yet.
I'll wait for mine to arrive to see how the quicklink is setup.

k94n99

29/3/20
I saw a strap maker here in Singapore that makes customized strap. Quicklink included

http://www.solitaireofficial.com/sto...Cartier.html#/

Cost about $280 (Gen strap around $400 i think). Not sure if they ship internationally though. I'll buy one once my santos arrives.

I checked out the company yesterday and was pleased with what they offer, but I’m just worried that the strap might not fit because they’re not made for reps. I read that some guy had issues attaching a genuine strap from Cartier because of slight tolerances between the lug to lug size of the rep and genuine. Maybe I’m mistaken, but it would make sense.

Sent from the RWI App