• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Santos superrep?

wizzzard

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
18/3/13
UK
014db4371c3769702405caf8df0a353f.jpeg

GF Blue on gen leather (from Cartier)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKnight

8/7/19
014db4371c3769702405caf8df0a353f.jpeg

GF Blue on gen leather (from Cartier)

Great picture mate. If you could please add it to the cartier appreciation thread. I'd appreciate it

Trying to get all the pictures in one place for easier comparison/ appreciation.

Cheers

RollieHunter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/19
Dear all,
Just got my GF (white dial/large) today.
Superb watch. However, I'm not really satisfied with the leather strap it came with.
Does anyone know which TD has the crocodile/gator strap for sale?

Thanks in advance.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
As far as I know, there is no such strap for those models with the TDs. The black DLC Santos seems to have a black leather croc strap as a bonus, it was up just from last week in Trusty.

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
Reactions: leo6929

RollieHunter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/19
Thanks Leo and Jimmy.

Just emailed Trusty.....hopefully it will fit the GF and they would sell only the strap (as the GF already comes with the buckle)

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
Opinion needed... Initially ordered the GF 40mm Santos Blue Dial from Ryan at InTime, however he has just informed me that the GF version is no longer in stock and they are unsure when it will be returning :( My options are; I opt for the blue dial from BVF for an extra 70 bucks or I stick with GF however opt for the white dial instead...

I’d prefer to stick with GF as they seem to be the superior factory when it comes to overall build quality and accuracy, however I thought I’d ask for peoples opinions :thumbup:

atozzotas

7/1/15
Opinion needed... Initially ordered the GF 40mm Santos Blue Dial from Ryan at InTime, however he has just informed me that the GF version is no longer in stock and they are unsure when it will be returning :( My options are; I opt for the blue dial from BVF for an extra 70 bucks or I stick with GF however opt for the white dial instead...

I’d prefer to stick with GF as they seem to be the superior factory when it comes to overall build quality and accuracy, however I thought I’d ask for peoples opinions :thumbup:

Opt for GF white
bVf is not like the gen in the color of the dial (and I personally like the bVf)

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
I’m awaiting QC pics for a white GF myself , should have them soon. I love the large white dial In ss best from all the different combos.

Reactions: SlippinJimmy

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
GF all the way. BVF is not bad, but the blue color of the dial is an instant tell. I've had both BVF and GF and could compare some time ago with the gen.

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
atozzotas Much appreciated, gents. I must admit, I am not a fan of the somewhat thin and fragile looking blue hands on the new Santos hence this was partly the reason in opting for the blue dial version with lumed hands, which are a similar shape to those on the Santos 100 which I still adore. However, I’m sure over time they will grow on me!

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
Forum’s being sucky and won’t let me tag multiple profiles within a single post hence the spam :facepalm:

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
Just received QC photos of the 40mm GF Santos and dear god is the date misaligned - My OCD is spiralling out of control!!!

For the sake of abiding by forums rules, I will not include the entire QC pic, only the date... Am I justified in rejecting based on this or am I being too fastidious here and need to accept there will be inconsistencies in this hobby?

I can understand a slight misalignment as let’s face it, we’re paying less than a tenth of the price compared to the real thing, however the lack of alignment seems a little excessive in this case...

By the way, the date is set to 15 not 5 (the 1 is almost hidden behind the dial).

vhhGS.jpg

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
If that is the right setting for the date, you should reject. I have this watch from three different factories, and none of them looks as crooked as yours.

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
leo6929 It was your review on the three leading factories manufacturing the 40mm Santos that actually swayed me to purchasing the GF version based on bracelet quality hence kudos to you my friend! I agree, looking at the three or four different GF versions I have come across, none of which have such a misaligned date wheel hence I have rejected the initial QC images. I know the date wheels tend to not be printed inaccurately hence was expecting a slight misalignment which I would have been fine with, however this seems extreme as the first digit is almost hiding behind the dial. If the second QC images do not provide any improvement then I’ll be requesting they swap this for the 35mm model which contains no date window rather than keep trying my luck.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Very good mate, glad I could help. Surely you can get a GF with a good date wheel. Shouldn't be hard for your TD.

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
Debating on going with a blue GF for my next purchase. I wish they made a two tone option does anyone what the best option would be for one?

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
Debating on going with a blue GF for my next purchase. I wish they made a two tone option does anyone what the best option would be for one?

According to Ryan at InTime; GF no longer have any blue dials in stock and they’re unsure when they will
be restocking as such.

BVF version looks decent, however best option when it comes to the new version Santos will always be GF due to sheer build quality despite inaccuracies with the dial font i.e. too skinny and the ‘au’ in ‘automatic’ is slightly off with the rest of the lettering... however that’s me being real picky!

Reactions: farmersinsurance