• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Santos superrep?

mpowergmt

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Behind You
I'll admit that it is kinda dressy and sort of classic retro, but if you go for the GF blue dial, you will not regret it Mech :)

Hi! I am considering getting a blue dial 40mm Santos de Cartier. If I were to chose between the BVF and GF, which would be the best option considering the blue dial tone and bracelet? I read you consider GF overall a much better rep.

is GF that good compared to gen blue tone? really impressed though.

Ultimately, I may buy a white gen dial and see if it fits the GF so that way I can alternate between blue and white with GF. does that make sense? first of all, the gen dial would have to fit!!

thanks!!

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Hi! I am considering getting a blue dial 40mm Santos de Cartier. If I were to chose between the BVF and GF, which would be the best option considering the blue dial tone and bracelet? I read you consider GF overall a much better rep.

Ultimately, I may buy a white gen dial and see if it fits the GF so that way I can alternate between blue and white with GF. does that make sense? first of all, the gen dial would have to fit!!

thanks!!

I have the BVF and im very happy with it, I think none of them really have big differences.

Conqueso

Known Member
22/10/17
Great photos of your watches leo ,is the 35 m just as good guys , never bought a Cartier rep before only rolex

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16

thanks!!

If you are going for the blue, get the GF. I have both the BVF and GF. GF is better and very close to the gen, which I saw today. Exchanging dials does not make too much sense mate. But should be interesting to watch :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Benjijm

SKnight

8/7/19
Hi @leo6929 forgive my ignorance. But do you have any experience with the V6?? If you had to choose between the V6 and GF which one would you choose??

Thanks

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Sorry, the GF is top notch but I don’t have any experience with the V6F

SKnight

8/7/19
@leo6929.

Ive been reading more into the threads, but im a little confused now.

Im interested in the GF white dial and the BV two tone (rose gold) as id prefer to put in on a gen strap like yourself.

In your opinion which is the better rep??

Pardon my ignorance, buts late for me here ive been following all your comments but im a little lost.

SKnight

8/7/19
From what Ive gather, in your experience the GF is the best, when comparing the KOR, and BV, but the the Gen leather Strap Fits the BV better. However the overall finish and quality of the Gf is better.

Sound about right??

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
From what Ive gather, in your experience the GF is the best, when comparing the KOR, and BV, but the the Gen leather Strap Fits the BV better. However the overall finish and quality of the Gf is better.

Sound about right??

You got it right my friend. In overall quality, to me GF seems best. Also, a gen strap fitting either factory might be just hit and miss. In my case, on BVF the gen strap fits better than on the GF. However, on the GF ultimately the gen strap also fitted, albeit it took some hard pushing

mpowergmt

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Behind You
If you are going for the blue, get the GF. I have both the BVF and GF. GF is better and very close to the gen, which I saw today. Exchanging dials does not make too much sense mate. But should be interesting to watch :)

great to know! and regarding white dials.... is GF the best option too?

**** what I don't understand from Cartier is the screws, even in gens, the screws aren't aligned.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
great to know! and regarding white dials.... is GF the best option too?

**** what I don't understand from Cartier is the screws, even in gens, the screws aren't aligned.

In white dial I only own the KOR. Happy with it because I use it with the GF bracelet and that way seems to me super close to the gen. Don't know about other factories white dial.

*** The screws are NOT supposed to be completely aligned... what fun would that be? :)

drwhaley

Looking Around
9/10/19
Any one heard of 40mm blue dial bvf v2 being released in the market now? Any link or pics?

is the dial closer to GF blue?

El_d81

Looking Around
14/10/19
Hi chaps total newbie to the rep work but am looking to get the 40mm Santos. Leo you seem to be the go to expert...where’s recommended to purchase the blue dial gf? And has any seen the v2 GF that may have been mentioned previously?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Hi chaps total newbie to the rep work but am looking to get the 40mm Santos. Leo you seem to be the go to expert...where’s recommended to purchase the blue dial gf? And has any seen the v2 GF that may have been mentioned previously?

You can get the blue GF from any TD. I've seen the blue V2 in TD´s sites, but there doesn't seem to be any immediate differences. Surely they did not address the issue with the date font, which is still wrong in the blue version of every factory.

Reactions: vcappp

drwhaley

Looking Around
9/10/19
You can get the blue GF from any TD. I've seen the blue V2 in TD´s sites, but there doesn't seem to be any immediate differences. Surely they did not address the issue with the date font, which is still wrong in the blue version of every factory.

hi leo, are you saying GF the dw font and blue dial is wrong?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
hi leo, are you saying GF the dw font and blue dial is wrong?

In the blue GF the dial is very nice but in every blue one from any factory the date font is wrong. I have the GF and it is the best blue version, aside from the dw font.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
In my opinion 40mm Santos looks better than Nautilus or AP RO 15400.

Reactions: uphoto

SKnight

8/7/19
rcom440 I second that.

​​​​​​Cartier makes some seriously beautiful watches, plus when it comes to the Santos model in particular, the history is unrivalled

I fail to see why they aren't considered a so called "serious watch maker"

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
rcom440 I second that.

​​​​​​Cartier makes some seriously beautiful watches, plus when it comes to the Santos model in particular, the history is unrivalled

I fail to see why they aren't considered a so called "serious watch maker"

yup it’s awesome watch! I have collection of gen Cartier vendome sunglasses. At the moment I have 5 pairs.

i love Cartier!
i think I should buy that Santos rep and see how it is.