• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Santos superrep?

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
The blue one, yes. GF almost identical to gen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’d like to know which vendor’s white dial Santos is the best too.
I just tried on a gen Santos in the boutique, the dial looks off-white instead of regular white, is GF dial has the same color as gen?

How about the date wheel font? Is GF close to gen as well?

Looking forward to your reply, it seems like you are the only Santos expert here!

Reactions: axel.gold

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I’d like to know which vendor’s white dial Santos is the best too.
I just tried on a gen Santos in the boutique, the dial looks off-white instead of regular white, is GF dial has the same color as gen?

How about the date wheel font? Is GF close to gen as well?

Looking forward to your reply, it seems like you are the only Santos expert here!

Hi mate, thanks for your kind words. I'm an expert only as far as I've been many times to the Cartier boutique and can attest to what I've seen there. I'm super picky, so...

I own the KOR white dial and the blue BVF and blue GF. The KOR white dial is almost identical to the real thing, the dial is kind of a white silver-ish. And the black numerals have a nice raised print. But not a very nice bracelet, though. The blue GF is the most accurate, regarding dial, case and bracelet. So I've decided to keep the white dial KOR and the blue GF. Will use the KOR white dial case with the bracelet from the GF, depending on the occasion, as I also have the tan leather strap (rep) and the blue leather strap (gen).

Last edited:
Reactions: axel.gold and Fernz

Fernz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/18
Is there a midsize blue version from GF? Can’t find one.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

watchnerd23

10/6/19
This is my GF. I saw the gen a couple weeks ago and it is the closest to it I've seen. Also tried my gen blue straps on it. Took some effort but eventually they fitted.
0c200de558a2328a9a08e8ca387e0724.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I ordered the GF 40mm in blue based on your informative posts. NOOB question: This is my first automatic watch. How do you wind the GF santos?

Reactions: leo6929

Sandman0209

24/11/11
So what’s the best factory for the white dial?
KOR or GF?

What is is the issue with the GF not fitting the gen strap? Can it eventually fit with some effort or does the gen strap need some modification to make it fit on the GF?

Cully

Renowned Member
29/5/18
UK
KOR or GF?

What is is the issue with the GF not fitting the gen strap? Can it eventually fit with some effort or does the gen strap need some modification to make it fit on the GF?
Most white dials look plastic IMHO for the Cartier, not my words , but came from a dealer

henchr

29/1/19
Norway
Hi guys,
I just placed an order for the new V6F 2018 Santos 35mm. I can't see that it's been mentioned much, but does anyone have any experiences with it? Just wondering if I should opt for the GF instead and just wait the additional time?

Reactions: TheGoodGoodLife

atozzotas

7/1/15
KOR or GF?

GF for the white dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daher

3/7/19
How is the gold version of the santos ?? Does anyone have it and is it of high quality?