• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Santos superrep?

starssuck

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/6/19
I have been back and forth between the BB and the Santos...I hear the V6F v4 is top dog for the BB. What's the NWBIG for the Santos now? GF? Can anyone speak to this from experience??

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: axel.gold

STL-314

Horology Curious
1/12/15
From past posts i seen the BVF Santos fits the gen straps without issue...the V6 fits them as well?...what about the GF...can anyone confirm?

Reactions: Hubertus

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
This is my GF. I saw the gen a couple weeks ago and it is the closest to it I've seen. Also tried my gen blue straps on it. Took some effort but eventually they fitted.
0c200de558a2328a9a08e8ca387e0724.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

whalejonah

6/4/19
From what I can see the GF midsize Santos appears to be great, I can't really see any flaws (even the screws on the gen are deliberately misaligned!). I suppose the biggest tell is the sapphire cabuchon but that doesn't affect me. Next on my list....

Reactions: Razorig2

atozzotas

7/1/15
From what I can see the GF midsize Santos appears to be great, I can't really see any flaws (even the screws on the gen are deliberately misaligned!). I suppose the biggest tell is the sapphire cabuchon but that doesn't affect me. Next on my list....

What’s the cabuchon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

Please excuse my ignorance but Is the 40mm GF version classed as ‘mid-size’

Reactions: stufuse

whalejonah

6/4/19
Cabuchon is the "sapphire" jewel on the crown I believe. Hope I am using the right term.

Reactions: atozzotas

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Yeah, my vote goes to the GF. The other two are quite good, but GF takes the win, especially the bracelet. Better finishing, the tone of the metal and the flat screws.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Never thought I’d wear a Cartier (always seemed like a girlie fashion brand to me) but think I need to try that blue dial version.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I'll admit that it is kinda dressy and sort of classic retro, but if you go for the GF blue dial, you will not regret it Mech :)

Last edited: