• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Santos superrep?

Eiffeltauer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
20/6/20
Berlin, Germany
I heard from puretime that BVF does not sell the crystal as a spare part.
Checking now of GF sells spareparts.

A BVF with GF bracelet and dial would be a good workaround.

swcs2040

Looking Around
13/1/21
I bought GFv2 XL from TT!
I would like to buy a replacement leather strap.
Does anyone know the width?

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
I bought GFv2 XL from TT!
I would like to buy a replacement leather strap.
Does anyone know the width?

You need. Custom strap because of smart links, so send
4bb914d50c8087109d1b8c6535f58c35.jpg

away the old strap to a strap maker and ask them to cut the links out of the old strap and make you a strap of your choosing, alligator etc. here is mine, 90 USD from my strap maker in Vietnam, he can do anything and cheaper than what you find online, look him up on Facebook : Hephakee Leather

RD35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/21
I heard from puretime that BVF does not sell the crystal as a spare part.
Checking now of GF sells spareparts.

A BVF with GF bracelet and dial would be a good workaround.

Try trustytime parts website.

RD35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/21
managed to order a BVF crystal through Andrew from trustytime. was 68USD incl. shipping.
I'll keep you updated as soon as it arrives and if I manage to put it in the GF case.

Great, was it because of my recommendation? Good thing with Andrew is he is one of the fastest to reply on emails. I feel like sometimes he work 24/7.

Yes do update. :)

Brookie

Horology Curious
9/1/21
Purchased a super rep only to have it seperate from the bracelet 3 times during the same night everytime I flexed my risk so had enough binned it and bought one from Cartier

Reactions: klockjohan

Eiffeltauer

Supporter
Certified
20/6/20
Berlin, Germany
Purchased a super rep only to have it seperate from the bracelet 3 times during the same night everytime I flexed my risk so had enough binned it and bought one from Cartier

Which factory did you buy from?
I recently got the GF and am very happy with the quality of the bracelet.

Reptme

19/9/21
I just had a GF in my hands but quite confident that its the best. Never had a gen in my hands - would love to see a gen vs rep here! Someone able to do that?

Eiffeltauer

Supporter
Certified
20/6/20
Berlin, Germany
I just had a GF in my hands but quite confident that its the best. Never had a gen in my hands - would love to see a gen vs rep here! Someone able to do that?

I compared mine to a Santos Galbee. Obviously not the same watch, but built quality (Steel, finish, bracelet) are on par!
I would love if the 2018 Santos had the structured dial as the Galbee has. Maybe that would have been too sporty for them.

mister_mayhem

9/9/21
Which factory did you buy from?
I recently got the GF and am very happy with the quality of the bracelet.

Do you have any recessed bolts on the bracelet?
I also have a GF and most ot the bolts are not evenly screwed...
Is it a common issue or mine is a bad one?

cole2222

Horology Curious
24/12/21
That crystal also looks terrible... and what´ s with the frosting?

:picard:

Not sure if these replies tag posters (noob here), but what are people looking for in crystal quality? I can see frosting is about alignment, but what tells are being scoped on crystal?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Not sure if these replies tag posters (noob here), but what are people looking for in crystal quality? I can see frosting is about alignment, but what tells are being scoped on crystal?

You want a fairly clear view of the dial. Also, the edges shouldn't be irregular between them or too thick. The borders should have a nice, uniform frost on said edges, but in an extremely fine crafted way, not to make it a focal point of the crystal. As the crystal is domed in the Santos, it is difficult to escape the magnifying glass effect, but it is better if this isn't too pronounced when watching from an angle.

Reactions: cole2222

cole2222

Horology Curious
24/12/21
You want a fairly clear view of the dial. Also, the edges shouldn't be irregular between them or too thick. The borders should have a nice, uniform frost on said edges, but in an extremely fine crafted way, not to make it a focal point of the crystal. As the crystal is domed in the Santos, it is difficult to escape the magnifying glass effect, but it is better if this isn't too pronounced when watching from an angle.

Thanks! When you say the crystal is domed you mean there's a slight incline/upward-curvature? is this only on the forsted edges portion or is it very subtle from the edges all the way to the centre? I didn't know it was domed.bubbled

Reactions: leo6929