• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GF Santos superrep?

JuriOrlov

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/12
So the 35mm/medium GF it is!

This one is not available as Bico model in steel & gold, correct?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Tony12345

29/5/20
The gen bracelet feels basically the same to GF, I have a gen and a few reps of the santos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does the gen also have these gaps on the side of the arm when you wear it? They said v2 would fix this but tbh there are still pretty big gaps. I didn’t see a gen one yet but I can’t imagine that they have these problems too.

I also think it feels in general very cheap. every time I shake my arm a little more it makes noises because of these gaps.

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
Yes, the gen has the same gap, though slightly smaller. The gap I'm talking about is in the clasp.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony12345

Tony12345

29/5/20
Yes, the gen has the same gap, though slightly smaller. The gap I'm talking about is in the clasp.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

ah okay. I was talking about the gaps between the single links of the bracelet. Forgot to mention this

yeah, my clasp also has a little gap but this isn’t even bothering me. The gaps in the bracelet do actually a lot.

en_nissen

Horology Curious
13/5/21
Just got my GF this very day. Still trying to get a feel for it, but I think it's pretty good so far!
Here's a crappy pic I quickly took with my phone.
a3ab8eb1b8e30c399f2c273d7e25fabd.jpg

I'm gonna share some better quality macro pictures soon.

The biggest complain so far is a bit of what seems like some leftover glue next to one the bracelet screws, which I'm gonna try to scrape off soon.

By the way, can anyone explain the leather strap clasp to me? I just can't seem to fathom where the straps go in!

By the way, I can echo what another one said about the bracelet. It is a bit jingly-jangly in general, but it's not too bad. Same gaps too. It's not noticeable when on wrist with mine though.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
My one arrived finally. I gave a red light to the first due to the date being more to the left, two weeks later I got some cleverly angled shots of another piece that looked better, but when arrived its the same.

Going back and forth between the two sets of QC, I suspect it's the same watch but cant be bothered to grumble, lesson learnt.

jDXVmY.jpg

zlatan83

Horology Curious
9/5/21
just ordered mine 35mm gf . awaiting qc

Hi the investigator! I really appreciate your suggestions concerning the Santos. Where do you suggest me to buy during this complicated period? Do you have a link please?

Last edited:

Bendori

2/5/16
Just got my GF this very day. Still trying to get a feel for it, but I think it's pretty good so far!
Here's a crappy pic I quickly took with my phone.

I'm gonna share some better quality macro pictures soon.

The biggest complain so far is a bit of what seems like some leftover glue next to one the bracelet screws, which I'm gonna try to scrape off soon.

By the way, can anyone explain the leather strap clasp to me? I just can't seem to fathom where the straps go in!

By the way, I can echo what another one said about the bracelet. It is a bit jingly-jangly in general, but it's not too bad. Same gaps too. It's not noticeable when on wrist with mine though.

Thanks for sharing your experience but have you handled gen?? I think gen is also 'jingly-jangly' no?

en_nissen

Horology Curious
13/5/21
Thanks for sharing your experience but have you handled gen?? I think gen is also 'jingly-jangly' no?
I have not handled a Gen before, so I honestly can't say how close it is. I would however be sorely disappointed if the bracelet isn't at least a bit better for the prices they're charging.

The clasp on my watch, in particular, is a bit loose when closed.

But besides the bracelet not being the best on my watch, everything else is pretty damned great.

Last edited:

Dominus77

23/3/19
has anyone bought the all black version? tried on the gen the other day in the boutique and its absolutely stunning. not sure anyone has any pictures? also on puretime with steel bracelet seems to be quite a bit more expensive but assume they are both the same GF v2?

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_163&products_id=22362

The all black PVD Santos with a steel bracelet is a fantasy model (gen all black PVD model only comes with a leather strap or a unique rubber material strap that mimics the look of a all black steel bracelet); and is only listed on puretime, for some reason which eludes me.

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
yeah all black with stainless steel doesnt exist but it does with an alligator strap. however the new clasp is different with holes in the strap and a cut of C at the end of the clasp etc so its not accurate anymore

Last edited:

theinvestigator

Renowned Member
11/5/14
my gf arrived from toro , watch looks good but the bracelet feels a bit cheap in comparison to my dj jubilee but overall I’m happy . anyone else had any thoughts on the bracelet ?

Spitshaw

Looking Around
20/9/19
So I bought the GF based on your review and its brilliant! I also had a chance to compare it to the real thing and was amazed at how good the GF is, there was virtually no difference. Will share pictures.

Hey SKnight, did you share the comparions between the GF/Gen on the forum anywhere? I was looking and can't seem to find. Would love to see them!

SKnight

8/7/19
Hey SKnight, did you share the comparions between the GF/Gen on the forum anywhere? I was looking and can't seem to find. Would love to see them!

Hey mate I've been meaning to but still haven't gotten around to it as yet.

Will try to do so this weekend.