No announcement yet.

GF Santos superrep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m hoping that GF will rep the new santos 2020 ADLC models, especially the one with full black ADLC coating and rubberised bracelet made to look like steel bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominus77 View Post
      I’m hoping that GF will rep the new santos 2020 ADLC models, especially the one with full black ADLC coating and rubberised bracelet made to look like steel bracelet.
      V6F just released the 2 tone adlc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Last edited by caprioles9000; 06-07-20, 08:18.

Comment

Reading through the threads.. seems like nobody is getting the v6f white dial version ?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

what sizes do these gf models come in?

Comment

Originally posted by theinvestigator View Post
            what sizes do these gf models come in?
            35mm (no date)
            40mm (with date)

Comment

Just ordered the GF in 35mm from Ryan - hoping to receive QC soon since I'd love this watch for my summer vacation.

What are the typical QC issues / flaws to look out for, since this is my first Cartier? I own a lot of Rolex / Omega and AP, there I usually know what to look for.

Thanks and best regards

Comment

Originally posted by iamxd View Post
                Just ordered the GF in 35mm from Ryan - hoping to receive QC soon since I'd love this watch for my summer vacation.

What are the typical QC issues / flaws to look out for, since this is my first Cartier? I own a lot of Rolex / Omega and AP, there I usually know what to look for.

Thanks and best regards
                Because the dials don't have applied markers, very few. I've never had to red light any of the Cartier clones I've bought.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks and best regards
                  With the 35mm, there’s not much to look out for. However, below are points worth noting when checking your QC images.

1) Pay attention to the recessed screws on the bracelet and ensure they sit flush.

2) Check that the cabochon is fixed nice and central on the crown and again that it sits flush (is not wonky, slanted etc.).

3) Thickness should be around 9mm which is as close to gen as you’re going to get (gen thickness is 8.83mm). If you ask the QC team they will send you an image showing the thickness by using callipers to measure the dimensions.

Other than those points above, it’s pretty accurate all round as you haven’t got to worry about date alignment, font etc., unlike the 40mm, which for me is one of the biggest telltales if you’re unlucky and receive a bad batch (as I did hence opted for the 35mm instead).

If you check my latest posts you’ll see my sales thread for this exact watch a couple weeks back which should give you an idea of what to expect.

Hope this helps - J.

Comment

Thank you so much for the input, definitely helped a lot!

Since the dial isn't that complicated I hope that they can't mess up that much, so not much to look out for

Comment

Just ordered the 35mm as well. What's the strap size for this? 20mm?

Was looking to get a blue leather strap for it like this:

Last edited by Radec; 02-08-20, 09:06.

Comment

Originally posted by Radec View Post

fuck off thats beautiful ! was patiently waiting for the two tone (YG/SS) santos in 35MM by GF but this might seal the deal for me.
                        Nice posts

Comment

Originally posted by Radec View Post

Beautiful combo, w2c that strap?

Envoyé de mon LYA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by montrefrance View Post
                            Beautiful combo, w2c that strap?

That's from google photos lol.

I'm also looking for a blue strap that is compatible with the santos.

Comment

Probably will need to make a custom one, since this watch has the Quickswitch system. I like the brown leather one which is included, so I'll be happy for the moment

Comment

Probably will need to make a custom one, since this watch has the Quickswitch system. I like the brown leather one which is included, so I'll be happy for the moment
                                I tried to reach out to vendors and there is no other options than buy from Cartier directly.

Comment

Working...
                                X