No announcement yet.

GF Santos superrep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't mean to be insufferable, but could someone explain to me how to source a gen strap? Cartier website is a bust. Didn't find anything on chrono. I must be doing something wrong?

Comment

I bought mine in a Cartier boutique without bringing the watch.

Comment

what do you think of the V6F XL white dial?

Comment

Hey guys, how big/small does the 35mm wear compared to other watches?? Do any of you have a 35mm and other model to sit next to for a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by stufuse; 19-09-20, 19:18.

Comment

I asked in other tread, but if you can help me here.. Which version care a less noisy movement on Santos 40mm??
            KoR, v6, or RXw or GF? Interested in white dial

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Comment

I have a KOR, GF, BVF and V6F, the V6F is probably the quietest of all, but it also may depend on your luck.

Comment

Originally posted by leo6929 View Post
                I have a KOR, GF, BVF and V6F, the V6F is probably the quietest of all, but it also may depend on your luck.
                Ok. Thanks!! If it very noisy, what exactly oil I have to use to make it more silent?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackcalf View Post
                  Ok. Thanks!! If it very noisy, what exactly oil I have to use to make it more silent?

No idea. I would have a watchsmith put a drop in there since I'm not knowledgeable in the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by leo6929 View Post
                    Which one do you like more? And which do you use more?

Comment

Originally posted by asanibal View Post

Which one do you like more? And which do you use more?
                      The blue GF is the best in terms of quality of the dial, brushing and the steel color, at least when I've had the opportunity to see the blue gen. Best bracelets are first the V6F (best screws) and then the GF.

I like them all, but lately I'm wearing the black dial/bezel V6F. The one I let go for its low quality was the blue BVF.

Comment

i want to order a white dial Santos 2018 XL too these days but I wonder how comes that the V6 is on the NWBIG lost but people prefer the GF here?

Should the Lust be updated or is there another reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony12345 View Post
                          l Santos 2018 XL too these days but I wonder how comes that the V6 is on the NWBIG lost but people prefer the GF here?

Should the Lust be updated or is there another reason?
                          from my understanding only Blue version of GF is preferred, while overall V6 is having a Lush finish especially on the bracelet, that's why should be in the NWBIG list

Comment

I have the GF, and ive compared it to the gen, and quite honestly i left no difference it terms of the quality/ feel of the bracelet. Hence its hard for me to believe the V6 bracelet could be better as sincerely belive the GF bracelet is the benchmark. However i dont own the V6 maybe leo6929 can comment as I believe he owns both

Comment

Yes I have both the blue GF (top of the line, really) and the black bezel V6F. Best overall looking watch is the blue GF I think. And if you put the V6F and GF bracelets side to side, I think the V6F would win by a very, very narrow hair. But this comparison will never take place in real life, so yeah, you could say that either one is a sure bet.

Comment

I just read the Santos 2018 thread completely (again) and man.. there are so many factories producing this beauty. And every factories has their proponents. I guess I will stick to the GF because so many people are happy with it and my guts also prefer this one.

I love the look of the combination with a croco strap so I will order either a gen one or from a 3rd party website so if the GF bracelet is a tiny bit worse (on a very high level) than the VSF, it is already balanced again by the lower price (a TD will sell it to me for 383$ shipping included what is a pretty fair price).

because of the „thin font flaw“ the only thing I had in mind is that GF could maybe release a V2 in the near future since Cartier is pretty popular in China..? not sure how probably this is though and if it’s even worth waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X