• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Santos quick link system and replacement straps....

TheGoodGoodLife

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
I’ve just done the same thing using loctite super glue, what bonding of glue did you use? Honestly I’m thinking about using jb weld, or my actual plan was to create a hole through the link and make a tiny internal hole in the lugs if the watch and use a traditional spring bar instead.

So happy I didn’t go gen with this watch, the entire quick switch mechanism is flawed, after repetitive use the teeth would grind down and the lock would keep coming undone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you do understand that it may be the case with the reps, but the GEN strapswitch mechanism works perfectly fine. Just as the quick link system.
I dont understand your statement- just because its faulty with your rep doesnt mean that its also the same on Gens...

HeresJohnny

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/19
UK Midlands
you do understand that it may be the case with the reps, but the GEN strapswitch mechanism works perfectly fine. Just as the quick link system.
I dont understand your statement- just because its faulty with your rep doesnt mean that its also the same on Gens...

Google it, you’ll see it’s not an uncommon problem on gens
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f481/...racelet-technology-4951085.html#post_48877867

The problem is the mechanism comes undone by pressure on the inside of the strap, if you bend your hand backwards at the wrist it increases pressure all around the inside of the strap including on the mechanism that releases the strap, and that can cause it to release.

DucatiWiz

14/11/20

I have a gen, honestly I find it incredible that the quick link would come out, mine snaps in with the precision of a rifle bolt and doesn't feel like it could go anywhere. I have had a link pin protrude once when I first resized the strap. It didn't come off, you have to pull it all the way out to the stop to make it do that, but I pushed it back with the little tool supplied in the box until I heard it click, just to make sure and it never happened again. Shame that there aren't any good 3rd party straps yet, I'd quite like a rubber one which Cartier don't actually make.

Tony12345

29/5/20

I have a gen, honestly I find it incredible that the quick link would come out, mine snaps in with the precision of a rifle bolt and doesn't feel like it could go anywhere. I have had a link pin protrude once when I first resized the strap. It didn't come off, you have to pull it all the way out to the stop to make it do that, but I pushed it back with the little tool supplied in the box until I heard it click, just to make sure and it never happened again. Shame that there aren't any good 3rd party straps yet, I'd quite like a rubber one which Cartier don't actually make.

does the gen bracelet also has little gaps on the side of the arm?

Had the same problem with my leather strap that the quick Switch mechanism popped out every now and then. I opened the mechanism and stretched the spring which is inside it a little - now the click mechanism has a little more power and everything works perfectly fine now.

Brookie

Horology Curious
9/1/21

Just bought this, want a blue alligator strap but cannot source decent aftermarket straps, looks like back to Cartier

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21
Only for the Santos Dumont not the regular Santos quick release.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Delugs now does straps for Santos de Cartier quick release, and removed the Santos Dumont integrated straps as an option(hopefully just for the time being). One step forward, one step back...

montrefrance

21/7/20
Delugs now does straps for Santos de Cartier quick release, and removed the Santos Dumont integrated straps as an option(hopefully just for the time being). One step forward, one step back...
Zic Zac doesn't both on special order. Just ordered some for my new F1's from Hont

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Reactions: InnerSelfAnglage

InnerSelfAnglage

Horology Curious
25/12/21
Zic Zac doesn't both on special order. Just ordered some for my new F1's from Hont

Are the Dumont straps just the right size(17.8mm?) or do they have the insert to keep the strap flush?

I squeezed an off-the-shelf strap into a gen and that insert makes a difference, unfortunately. $200 difference no, but still keen to track down.

montrefrance

21/7/20
Are the Dumont straps just the right size(17.8mm?) or do they have the insert to keep the strap flush?

I squeezed an off-the-shelf strap into a gen and that insert makes a difference, unfortunately. $200 difference no, but still keen to track down.
Not sure yet. But suppose to be good. Ask them directly