• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ziczac croc on a Tank MC

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
So after about a month or so, my genuine croc strap arrived from ZicZac leather in Vietnam. Yes, it almost takes a month to get here from Vietnam but you just can't beat it. This strap is super soft and padded on the sides to give it a little bit of a raise. For those considering buying one of these, it was only $49 including shipping to the United States. That is super cheap, or cheap as chips like you boys across the pond like to say. Anyone wanting to have one of these straps made for their replica Tank MC, the dimensions are 25 mm at the lugs and 20 mm at the deployant buckle.

slashFAslash

21/7/18
Ziczac really makes great straps, here's my Tank Solo on an Ostrich leg strap from his shop.

Vg62W0.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Rush

Rush

I'm Pretty Popular
29/5/16
CONUS
That's gorgeous!
I just ordered a red-brown alligator strap for my two tone Cartier Santos 100XL.
It takes a month you say?
Do they send any pictures of the strap as they make it?

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
That's gorgeous!
I just ordered a red-brown alligator strap for my two tone Cartier Santos 100XL.
It takes a month you say?
Do they send any pictures of the strap as they make it?

They sent me QC pictures about 2-3 weeks after I placed the order. Mine was a custom job, so I'm not sure if that played into it or not. After that, it's about 3-4 weeks for the strap to show up.

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
Looks nice, I ended up buying a gen strap but not for that price.
It is a good option, I need one for my Bvlgari Octo

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
fatarms Can I ask you if the dates on your MC are all normal sized? On TD product pages the dates look terrible.

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...extured-dial-on-green-leather-strap-a23j.html

Here the "28" is displayed. However the 8 is twice as big as the 2. On intime its the same with 16. Makes me wonder if those are prototypes or if all MC's have this flaw. Would appreciate your input since you own the watch. Maybe 2 quick pics of 28 and 16 would be great as well. Thank you!

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
fatarms Can I ask you if the dates on your MC are all normal sized? On TD product pages the dates look terrible.

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...extured-dial-on-green-leather-strap-a23j.html

Here the "28" is displayed. However the 8 is twice as big as the 2. On intime its the same with 16. Makes me wonder if those are prototypes or if all MC's have this flaw. Would appreciate your input since you own the watch. Maybe 2 quick pics of 28 and 16 would be great as well. Thank you!

I have the same watch and model (in fact I even pushed fatarm to buy it ! :lol: )

And indeed, some of the dates have numbers bigger than others, the 8 is the worst of them but frankly on the wrist, it's not really noticeable. Of course you see it, but you have to pay attention to that, it's less obvious than on the close up pics

Reactions: jttou

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
I have the same watch and model (in fact I even pushed fatarm to buy it ! :lol: )

And indeed, some of the dates have numbers bigger than others, the 8 is the worst of them but frankly on the wrist, it's not really noticeable. Of course you see it, but you have to pay attention to that, it's less obvious than on the close up pics

Thanks for your answer.

The things we accept when it comes to reps.. I doubt that we would accept something like this when paying 240 bucks for a Seiko, Citizen or even micro brands. Of course working conditions are different but still this is a 240 bucks product.

Anyway, I will still go ahead and buy it since I want the gen of this and need to make sure that I really like it enough to justify the gen price tag.

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants

https://puretimewatch.io/watch-brand...trap-a23j.html

You are correct. As Glaude pointed out, the second digit in the two digit dates are a little larger than the first digit. This was one of the things I pointed out to Glaude when I received the watch, I told him that it almost seems like they used the date wheel insert for a Cartier Roadster on the MC reps. The Roadster has a trapezoid shaped date window, so the second digit is larger to fill the date window (do an image search on the Cartier Roadster and you'll see what I mean.) Since there's no magnification of the date on the MC (like there is on the Roadster), it's only noticeable very close up as Glaude says. But you are 100% correct on your observation. I'm a stickler for details on my reps, but in this case, without magnification on the Tank MC, it's not noticeable an a distance of about 18 inches or so or more. My Tank MC with the $49 strap is a keeper. I absolutely love it.

As for using the watch as a test to see if you want the gen, I totally recommend it. Depending on the 21j movement you get in it, the rotor can also be a little bit audible, but again, that depends on the quality of the movement in the watch you receive. Mine is audible, but not overly loud and is definitely not a "free spinning" rotor that is ridiculously loud. My recommendation is to buy it if you are serious about the gen. The dimensions, the way it feels on the wrist (super light), and all of the other qualities are very gen like. Close to super rep territory (aside from the date wheel and the ever so slightly audible rotor) make it a great representation of the real deal. Not to mention that if you do decide to go for the gen, the Tank MC sales tend to go rather quickly on M2M if you decide to offload it. Best of luck, my friend. I don't think you'll be disappointed by the rep.

A little bit of my personal opinion as well, I bought mine from Marvellous Replica. MR's prices using Western Union, plus the cost of shipping is usually lower than the base watch price for other dealers without shipping. Give him a shout if you decide to go with it.

I hope this was helpful :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jttou and Glaude

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
fatarms Thanks for the detailed explanation. And you are right it looks like they have used the Roadster date disc. Go figure. But if you both say it is barely noticeable than I guess it'll be fine. Also I am buying this (and 3 other Cartier lol) to see which I like best to get the gen. I have ordered MC, Santos 35mm, Tank Solo and Tank Americaine - I'll decide which is worth gen money.

Thanks for your input. ;)

Last edited:

MeLopRepz17

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/9/17
My lord that is a beauty..... I'm resisting getting any more reps at the moment... Ziczac really offers a lot for the money...

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
@fatarms
Does Ziczac provide a tracking number when they ship from Vietnam?

I don't think he did. Just went through my emails and he said he "would ship within two days" and that it would take about 3 weeks or so to get to me.

Fernz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/18
Didn’t see it here but does Ziczac have website?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rush

I'm Pretty Popular
29/5/16
CONUS
Ziczac custom made this for me, and I'm patiently waiting for it to get to me from Vietnam!

Hopefully, it will be here by December hahaha!
d54362bdaef3859db63a1c533c0d6b68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk