• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier 33mm ballon Bleu which One Is the King

thesuniswarm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/1/15
Detailed comparison follows soon.

Preview:

ddd3fd98b34d401849db506bbbeaf452.jpg

Right now the bracelet feels a bit more HQ on the AF and the dial is more white on the AF yes. But nobody can prove that ok the street and AF is ~ 300$ and V6F is ~200$
So left is AF and right is V6F?

How does the weight, any differences?

Sent from my Comm Badge from Starfleet in far away Galaxy...

Marclnd

Certified
3/1/19
UK
Hi guys, is there any difference between the 28 and the 33 mm in terms of quality? Or are they both good quality close to gen and the difference is only on whether it’s AF or V6f. As I heard the 33 was only consider super rep but not the 28. Any guidance would be appreciated please. Thanks

Sandman0209

24/11/11
Does this watch still come as a quartz in gen form?
I see the 28mm in quartz but not the 33mm on the Cartier site. I see references to a 33mm quartz on third party sites like jomashop, but not on the official site.

Last edited:

Waz64

Horology Curious
24/12/19
Hi, been lurking for a while, but just signed up on the site and placed an order for the BB White 33mm by AF with the Cal.076. This will be my first purchase from Lucy and all good so far....very good, comprehensive communications.

Sandman....my understanding is that the 33mm quartz has been discontinued.

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Hi, been lurking for a while, but just signed up on the site and placed an order for the BB White 33mm by AF with the Cal.076. This will be my first purchase from Lucy and all good so far....very good, comprehensive communications.

Sandman....my understanding is that the 33mm quartz has been discontinued.

Good choice!
The AF is better than the V6F but just it you really love the details and want the best of the best. Keep in mind V6F it’s still ~100$ cheaper. And some people might just want to a good enough rep. Both are great reps.
But AF is superior in Dial Text printing etc.
I handled both and my wife owns the AF now.
Quartz gen is discontinued but you can still buy it on chrono etc.

Waz64

Horology Curious
24/12/19
Good choice!
The AF is better than the V6F but just it you really love the details and want the best of the best. Keep in mind V6F it’s still ~100$ cheaper. And some people might just want to a good enough rep. Both are great reps.

Thanks for the reassuring feedback! This is for my Wife as well and is meant to be a keeper. Hence the choice of quality and automatic movement....notwithstanding the higher price!

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Thanks for the reassuring feedback! This is for my Wife as well and is meant to be a keeper. Hence the choice of quality and automatic movement....notwithstanding the higher price!

Sure mate :)

I think generally talking, its always hard to spot a Cartier.
Probably most female reps are likely difficult to spot, due to the fact that many people only focus on the popular model (e.g 15400) and actually don’t know what gen even looks like.

Sandman0209

24/11/11
Good choice!

Went to the Cartier boutique today. They still sell the quartz in the 33.

Toun78

Horology Curious
7/9/20
Does anyone know if it's possible to find that watch with a pretty correct thickness ? Close to 9,96mm of the gen?
thanks.