• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ballon bleu 33mm quartz AF vs V6F

Ballon bleu 33mm quartz AF vs V6F

• Total voters

go000ob

Renowned Member
3/11/15
i'm on the same boat
tryina make my mind to order one for my girlfriend after CNY

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
so until now nobody had the chance to compare the two? or at least see them both?:(

Sirenseeks

Looking Around
19/2/19
i’m also really interested in finding out more. In another thread some members swear by 6vf, and then someone ordered from a bad batch, so... it’s hit and miss.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
the more expensive one looks better. Now .. 298USD for a quartz always make me feel hesitant

Reactions: verno75

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
the more expensive one looks better. Now .. 298USD for a quartz always make me feel hesitant

yes that was the point, that price is a bit unreasonable, so it made me question how better can it be? If i'm correct the v6f was already classified as super rep by some members. And it has the ronda quartz while this has miyota quartz.

Tudordave

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/19
I bought the AF quartz for my wife in December after a lot of research. Very happy with it.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Afcra.jpg

Can someone confirm this is a miyota quartz and not an asian eta quartz?

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I bought the AF quartz for my wife in December after a lot of research. Very happy with it.

can you share some more details of your impressions about the watch? Is it 10mm thick or 11,5mm? How does it compare to gen?

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I have handled a lot of v6f 33mm quartz and a few gens. The quality and feel of the rep is very close to gen. I would say identical (for all intents and purposes).

I have heard some people claiming that the dial is a bit to yellowish while the rep is whiter and brighter. Is it true? Or just light conditions?

Here you can see what I'm talking about.
AllBg.jpg

verno75

Renowned Member
4/6/12
Charm City
Is the Miyota quartz better than Ronda? I was under the impression you could swap in an ETA quartz anyway...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
yes that was the point, that price is a bit unreasonable, so it made me question how better can it be? If i'm correct the v6f was already classified as super rep by some members. And it has the ronda quartz while this has miyota quartz.

I have a v6f. I have not handled the genuine in person but comparing to the Cartier website, v6f is very very accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: verno75

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
I have heard some people claiming that the dial is a bit to yellowish while the rep is whiter and brighter. Is it true? Or just light conditions?

AllBg.jpg

What colour is the dial on the genuine?

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18

AllBg.jpg

Honestly I wouldn’t look that deeply in to the precise colour/shade of white. It depends on lighting, angle, filters etc.

Gen dials have different batches with colour variations etc.

The dials are textured so look different in different lighting.

The main thing is that the quality is on par with gen.

Realistically only Cartier service centre could identify this as a rep after opening the caseback. The average Cartier AD worker hasn’t got a clue about the different gen batches and dial variations etc - and couldn’t identify this as a fake even in the hands, let alone on somebodies wrist.

Reactions: dao88 and Maron

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I’ll take some pictures to show my v6f in the lightbox, the dial looks nothing like the colour sometimes perceived in photos

thanks mate!

I'm not only talking from what I see in pics but actually a member on another thread who bought the v6f claimed the colour was completely off and yellowish. I'm curious to see if this is real or I'll buy the AF.