• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Cartier Santos Dumont with a quartz movement

pecupecu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/19
Mine arrived last week from Sead . Got to say it is a cracker !!! Dimensions correct , correct cabachon , sunburst/ colour of dial imo spot on , excellent dial print , sapphire crystal , best blued hands and pin I have seen on a Cartier rep . Brushing on case and shiny bezel get a thumbs up . The case back engraving excellent for this model .

I know these little quartz rep get short shrift on the Consensual list . However if the FM Master Square is NWBIG then imo this is ! Possible super rep ?

The bad the strap is the worst I have ever seen on a rep , cheap and plastic . Ordered a grey croc from ZICZAC for it . My wife is very happy with watch .

Another note the watch is tiny a guy would need the wrists of an anorexic prepubescent super model to wear the smaller size( definitely a ladies kettle ) . The large imo is for mens wrists 7" and below . Anything above 7" the watch would look a bit small . My 7 5/8 " won't be pinching it out of the watch box ( although it might sit different with new strap ) .

did you order the first version? if im not mistaken it was 178 bucks. then they released a new version with a better leather strap, in blue and in black (198 bucks).

please post pics!

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
did you order the first version? if im not mistaken it was 178 bucks. then they released a new version with a better leather strap, in blue and in black (198 bucks).

please post pics!

I paid $178 with black strap . The $198 watch is the same version with a better strap . It wasn't out at the time I purchased , but I would have paid the extra $20 to see if the blue strap was any good . To be honest though I have never bought a rep were the strap wasn't an instant swap .

Last edited:

kubectl

28/8/19
If i can get round to it i will post some pics once the new croc strap is fitted .

Could you tell me please the strap size? I assume it's 20mm and 18mm at the buckle end? (For the 31mm version)

Thanks

Zkebam

13/8/12
It' is almost my wifes birthday so I don't have to think about a present. Not ordering yet, i am looking forward too see the first review and the pics!

marlboro man

3/3/13
I ordered one recently but was told only the smaller size is available . The smaller one is really nice but a little too small for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otilos

Looking Around
27/9/19
Have you guys seen the new Santos Dumont yet? It looks really elegant with the silver dial and comes with a quartz movement.

Hopefully one of the rep makers will rep this model throughout the year. I'm a big fan of my quartz Tank since I can just pick it up and wear it without having to set the time etc.
HQ2rA.png

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/cartier-santos-dumont-hands-on

BEEN TO JEWELLER AND TRIED IT , very light , felt like a cheap rep to be honest !

Reactions: Dmage

random_122

Horology Curious
2/8/10
I really wanted this one in the larger size, unfortunately I was told only the smaller is available about a month after I ordered it. I am pretty disappointed, if anyone has the larger 31.5 in stainless steel I would pay above the purchase price for it.

muNdIAGn

Horology Curious
12/4/18
Anyone orders please post pics, would be interested to see how this one is in person

Mine arrived last week from Sead . Got to say it is a cracker !!! Dimensions correct , correct cabachon , sunburst/ colour of dial imo spot on , excellent dial print , sapphire crystal , best blued hands and pin I have seen on a Cartier rep . Brushing on case and shiny bezel get a thumbs up . The case back engraving excellent for this model .

I know these little quartz rep get short shrift on the Consensual list . However if the FM Master Square is NWBIG then imo this is ! Possible super rep ?

The bad the strap is the worst I have ever seen on a rep , cheap and plastic . Ordered a grey croc from ZICZAC for it . My wife is very happy with watch .

Another note the watch is tiny a guy would need the wrists of an anorexic prepubescent super model to wear the smaller size( definitely a ladies kettle ) . The large imo is for mens wrists 7" and below . Anything above 7" the watch would look a bit small . My 7 5/8 " won't be pinching it out of the watch box ( although it might sit different with new strap ) .

Just got my QC pictures from Puretime, How do they look?

Would appriciate your opinions.

Regards,

Htu23.jpg
Htvns.jpg
HtMfn.jpg
Ht4QE.jpg
Ht7uY.jpg
HtRIk.jpg

HtNjD.jpg
Htfdo.jpg

Last edited:

Camblin

Known Member
26/3/18
Northern Ireland
Just got my QC pictures from Puretime, How do they look?

Would appriciate your opinions.

Regards,

Htu23.jpg
Htvns.jpg
HtMfn.jpg
Ht4QE.jpg
Ht7uY.jpg
HtRIk.jpg

HtNjD.jpg
Htfdo.jpg

Did you order the large or small version?

I ordered the large and it turns out the QC pics they sent me was of the small.

The reason I noticed this despite being near identical is because on my QC pics the little metal circle thing in the middle of the hands (sorry i don't know it's name) was bigger than on TD photos of the large and more in size with the smalls. I just wonder if that's the same here?

If you ordered the small then no problem. If you order the larger then you may want to ask them to measure it and double check just in case factory sent wrong one like they did to me.

Other than that I don't see any noticeable flaws but I got bad eyes lol.

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
Has anyone picked up the large recently? I've pinged a couple of TDs to see if the rose gold version is available again yet.

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
Last edited: