• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Santos V6F strap?

Genera74

29/12/14
Sure
8675a655e2efbb0170963da2bbbb4b45.jpg

Appreciate any advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rush

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
The Santos has a deployment clasp , the strap you posted is for an ordinary tang buckle ?? If you are putting the watch on an ordinary tang buckle , then i would go for padded . Why don't you get one made ? ZicZac leather will make you one in an exotic skin to fit your deployment clasp for less than half of the price of the one you posted .

Genera74

29/12/14
Thanks! I actually bought a strap from ZicZac leather for another watch but find the quality is Ok only. Heard from others on forum of Jacobs so thought to give it a try. Wonder if Jacobs will be better in quality?

Yeah just tang buckle is fine w me tbh

Reactions: vcappp

Genera74

29/12/14
Sorry for delay, been traveling. Here are some pics on the straps :)

f7134d57ea32fa0f054c22757f7c7dde.jpg
bc5b28f53a72c68550b9c5f7fa9a21e5.jpg
f1a08e305532b8d5a00ea96713d17973.jpg
4e70f4b40b81f3d0f8984b9b2f76405b.jpg

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Btw just ordered this strap from Martu since they’re having a sale. Hope it looks good :)

https://www.martuleather.com/store/p..._M1011-p3.html

Not sure where you are ? However Cartier seem to have relaxed their prohibition on straps ( at least in UK ) .At one time they wanted serial numbers /model numbers etc before they would sell you a strap , and preferred that you had the strap fitted at an AD so they could check the watches authenticity . You can now buy straps for the Santos / Ronde /Tank directly from their website without the previously mentioned checks , just pop it in your basket , pay , and have delivered . Obviously they are significantly more expensive than the one you link .

EDIT : STRIKE THAT JUST LOOKED AT THEIR SITE they NOW only sell the 2018 quick release system straps on line . Shame a few months ago you could have purchased a strap for that watch

I had a strap made for a ZF Tank Solo XL by ZIcZac . I thought it was excellent .

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Genera74

29/12/14
Not sure where you are ? However Cartier seem to have relaxed their prohibition on straps ( at least in UK ) .At one time they wanted serial numbers /model numbers etc before they would sell you a strap , and preferred that you had the strap fitted at an AD so they could check the watches authenticity . You can now buy straps for the Santos / Ronde /Tank directly from their website without the previously mentioned checks , just pop it in your basket , pay , and have delivered . Obviously they are significantly more expensive than the one you link .

EDIT : STRIKE THAT JUST LOOKED AT THEIR SITE they NOW only sell the 2018 quick release system straps on line . Shame a few months ago you could have purchased a strap for that watch

I had a strap made for a ZF Tank Solo XL by ZIcZac . I thought it was excellent .

Thanks for the info. Good to know I have a gen strap option, though believe this will be more expensive than the watch itself. Think for this time I'll just order the strap from independent strap maker. Thanks!