• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Drive de Cartier

barrychow

Horology Curious
24/5/18
Reactions: vcappp

DZL

Looking Around
1/11/18
i purchased this watch from puretime around a month ago and have no complaints
however the more i compare to gen, the more flaws that i notice and the more it nags at me

here is a (growing) list that makes me want to purchase a higher quality version, from most obvious:
- bezel shape and thickness is off. too thin and not squared off enough, while being too curved (gen is more flat)
- 6 o clock should be cut deeper by the seconds subdial much more
- a lot thicker (look at videos of gen, much noticeably thinner!)
- crown juts out too much
- dome is too flat (gen is more rounded and pronounced)

overall, i have never been called out and have peers that have gen cartier watches. the face is well done and the watch is pretty high quality

in the future i might check out the 268 dollar version. puretime has a couple, but none in the same colorway
i am positive that intime has the same batches (218 and 268)
here is a link:
https://www.intime03.co/cartier/406...dial-on-leather-strap-a23j-to-1904-ps-mc.html

Open

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/2/15
Thanks for the review! seems like it might be worth it for the money.
Wishlist would be for them to come out with a quartz version of the ultra thin (since it has no seconds hand)

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I bought the tourbillon version and its a great piece -- size is just right and it is suprisingly thin based on its width. A great addition to any collection IMO.

Reactions: Rush

D Ramone

23/7/18
UK
Loving that Tourbillon. The normal Drive looks good too and they are not that expensive.

Open

8/2/15
i purchased this watch from puretime around a month ago and have no complaints
however the more i compare to gen, the more flaws that i notice and the more it nags at me

here is a (growing) list that makes me want to purchase a higher quality version, from most obvious:
- bezel shape and thickness is off. too thin and not squared off enough, while being too curved (gen is more flat)
- 6 o clock should be cut deeper by the seconds subdial much more
- a lot thicker (look at videos of gen, much noticeably thinner!)
- crown juts out too much
- dome is too flat (gen is more rounded and pronounced)

overall, i have never been called out and have peers that have gen cartier watches. the face is well done and the watch is pretty high quality

in the future i might check out the 268 dollar version. puretime has a couple, but none in the same colorway
i am positive that intime has the same batches (218 and 268)
here is a link:
https://www.intime03.co/cartier/406...dial-on-leather-strap-a23j-to-1904-ps-mc.html

Also, did you get the white or black dial?

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
I bought the tourbillon version and its a great piece -- size is just right and it is suprisingly thin based on its width. A great addition to any collection IMO.

Im considering this one too
any chance for more pics?
and link to where you bought it?

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Bought it from Ryan at InTime -- there are a few options available. Don't have any other pics currently, but I'll see if I can take some over the weekend ...

Genera74

29/12/14
How does this watch wear on the wrist size-wise? I used to have the Santos (40mm) which wears more like a 44mm and too big for me. See the Drive de Cartier is measured 41mm, does it wear very big as well ?

Thanks for the advice!

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Trustytime have a new Drive model from GSF Factory on their site.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=21586

What do you guys think?

I quite like the model you linked to. I am not sure at all about Cartier Watches as I have never owned one, but I did go and look at their website. It looks like there are 7 variations, but only one in SS and it is the one with no date and no seconds. I wonder if that makes the one you linked to a fantasy model or is it just that they don't show it or maybe it is no longer available.

I am quite certain that if it was a fantasy model that it would bother some. Before I decide how I feel about that I would love to know more...

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
After a 2nd look it has a 23j movement in it as well. It isn't priced yet, but I am guessing it will be on the affordable side. I believe that is the same as a DG2813 of sorts maybe modified a bit to accomodate the seconds @6. This movement is nothing special & is extremely inexpensive. A lot of the cheaper reps have this movement in them.

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I like trusty's site, the videos are very helpful and the price for the flats is very reasonable, and with a movement so small, it should be light as a feather and comfortable to wear!

Reactions: Silver Fox Mulder