• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

FBITW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/20
how is it different? Most TD's I know got rid of pictures of V1 from their websites. Do you have a comparison picture?

I emailed TrustyTime to ask and he replied "Factory only made minor upgrades to the caseset so that it is closer to gen" but from what I've gathered from multiple sources, there's something that has been changed on the case itself on the front but I can't actually tell for that. There's been a change to the leather strap so that it is more gen like too. Mine is dated Feb 2020 on the back but my TD told me for sure that the V2 is dated Feb 2020.

tdk1010

23/10/19
Not mine, looks good
a26a77bd58765f81d94cb39766cf4134.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

cosmo25

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/1/21
Does the new gf v2 applies to the 35mm without date as well?

RepGenEnthusiast

Looking Around
29/12/20
Hey guys,

I received my GF V2 40mm with black dial yesterday. I ordered from trustytime and everything seemed well at the beginning. Watch looked great. I compared it to to gen pictures and the only flaw I noticed is that the Date on the gen is thicker than on the rep. If you’re aware of that you could immediately tell that it’s fake.
I put on the watch and was shocked. The clasped opened after putting a little pressure with my wrist while moving. I put it together again but the same problem happens again and again. Turned out that the Quick Change System is defect. Trustytime told me that he checked it properly. I don’t think so..

RepGenEnthusiast

Looking Around
29/12/20
Addition: Andrew ist now telling me to fix it with tape. This is ridiculous, isn’t it? I claimed that the watch is fake within the 48h as described. What should I do now? I appreciate any recommendations.

I_Love_Coffee

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
29/1/20
That sucks I’m sure Andrew will make it right give him a chance and just be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Hey guys,

I received my GF V2 40mm with black dial yesterday. I ordered from trustytime and everything seemed well at the beginning. Watch looked great. I compared it to to gen pictures and the only flaw I noticed is that the Date on the gen is thicker than on the rep. If you’re aware of that you could immediately tell that it’s fake.
I put on the watch and was shocked. The clasped opened after putting a little pressure with my wrist while moving. I put it together again but the same problem happens again and again. Turned out that the Quick Change System is defect. Trustytime told me that he checked it properly. I don’t think so..

probably time to change the nick to GenEnthusiastRepDelusional

Ge0rge3boy1122

Looking Around
4/6/14
Is the GF V2 currently the best version for the XL white on SS? Also, where would one be able to purchase a good quality replica blue crocodile strap to match? Thanks.

Ge0rge3boy1122

Looking Around
4/6/14
Is the GF V2 currently the best version for the XL white on SS? Also, where would one be able to purchase a good quality replica blue crocodile strap to match? Thanks.

Sorry, just to add. Would the gold plated bezel version be an obvious tell and not last long? If anyone has experience with one, it would be great to hear.

FBITW

5/8/20
Opened up my GF V2 Sanos 40mm a few days a go and I'm trying to test the power reserve. Does anyone else have issue winding the watch as there is no screw down crown so it has to be wound in the 0 position (crown not pulled out at all). Also how many times should I wind a Miyota 9015 for full power?

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
Opened up my GF V2 Sanos 40mm a few days a go and I'm trying to test the power reserve. Does anyone else have issue winding the watch as there is no screw down crown so it has to be wound in the 0 position (crown not pulled out at all). Also how many times should I wind a Miyota 9015 for full power?

I suggest give the watch few shakes before wearing. Winding the crown is extremely difficult due to the crown guard and there is no grip on the crown.

Reactions: FBITW

cosmo25

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/1/21
Sorry, just to add. Would the gold plated bezel version be an obvious tell and not last long? If anyone has experience with one, it would be great to hear.

If you dont go around banging it it should hold up well!

ScarletT

17/9/20
United Kingdom

I have a couple gold/rose gold plated watches and they hold up perfectly tbh, Im normally pretty careful so don't hit them on anything but even with casual wear there is no sign of fading or flaking

Reactions: leo6929

jz001

24/7/18
Hi all,

I have been looking at all the rep photos and unless im mistaken all of them have the wrong lumination.
It seems alll of them only luminate the hand and not the time?

The real one should have everythign luminated shouldnt it?

Real:

Santos-de-Cartier-ADLC-WSSA0039.jpg

Rep:

santos-100-dlc-v6f-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-9015.jpg

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
This has been commented on before and you are correct on this particular model.

jz001

24/7/18
thanks. I just went through every page in this thread and didnt see any comparison photos of gen vs rep for the illuminations for some reason.
I guess no one is as picky as I am regarding this

The GF v2 seems to illuminate everythign but only the hands look accurate.

Has anyone compare the gen to this?

Thanks for the help

kdy2020260303.jpg

Reactions: trancedo