• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

Notenuff

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/20
A forum, in my opinion, is where people share information and discuss things. My interaction with people on other forums are usually more light hearted because everyone seems interested about the topic and eager to share their opinion and what they know but that doesn’t seem to be the case here sometimes (case in point above).
I mean, I kinda get that it gets annoying when people ask to be spoon fed everything but how are people supposed to learn? If someone were to ask me about the reps that I know well, I would gladly share what I know.
Thanks for trying to save the thread. I was about to ask a question about which is the current best Rep to get but that dude has scared me now. Do I seriously have to go read 98 pages instead of asking a question to people about how they feel about their current reps once they’ve worn and experienced them? Sheesh. Why are people here on the forum if they don’t want to share knowledge and learn things?

On topic: I’m a bit confused about a couple of offerings from Trusy and pure time as there seem to be subtle differences. I want a NWBIG but that list seems old and only has one rep on it that doesn’t equate to any of the current offerings.

I’m after something pretty standard like this: https://www.jomashop.com/cartier-santos-watch-wssa0029.html?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleproductsearch&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=(ROI)+Shopping+(AUS)+-+Sale+Watches+$3000+-+6000&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi8fi2POA6wIVDiQrCh0xfwsxEAQYAyABEgKesfD_BwE

and what I’m feeling is to get one and then get a genuine strap for it. What are thoughts on get bracelet (is rep any good?) and gen leather/Ali or get Gen both? This is watch I intend to keep forever so am will to spend a few bucks - although not the $6,000 bucks :)

Bendori

2/5/16
Thanks for trying to save the thread. I was about to ask a question about which is the current best Rep to get but that dude has scared me now. Do I seriously have to go read 98 pages instead of asking a question to people about how they feel about their current reps once they’ve worn and experienced them? Sheesh. Why are people here on the forum if they don’t want to share knowledge and learn things?

On topic: I’m a bit confused about a couple of offerings from Trusy and pure time as there seem to be subtle differences. I want a NWBIG but that list seems old and only has one rep on it that doesn’t equate to any of the current offerings.

I’m after something pretty standard like this: https://www.jomashop.com/cartier-santos-watch-wssa0029.html?utm_source=googleproduct&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=googleproductsearch&pt_source=googleads&pt_medium=cpc&pt_campaign=(ROI)+Shopping+(AUS)+-+Sale+Watches+$3000+-+6000&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIi8fi2POA6wIVDiQrCh0xfwsxEAQYAyABEgKesfD_BwE

and what I’m feeling is to get one and then get a genuine strap for it. What are thoughts on get bracelet (is rep any good?) and gen leather/Ali or get Gen both? This is watch I intend to keep forever so am will to spend a few bucks - although not the $6,000 bucks :)

You are back with your defensive, entitled attitude again huh? Nobody told you to read ALL 98 pages. The answer to your question was literally right above and you obviously didn't even read a SINGLE page. Demanding someone answer your question without putting in any effort of your own. You are amazingly insistent on your victim card playing games. Where has that got you in life? The only person you should ask to spoonfeed you is your mother and seems like she failed miserably at it. Just get off here and hang out with your babysitter buddies on other forums. Amazing intelligence or lack there of from you. Pathetic.

Bendori

2/5/16
Let me make it clear to other members that I'm not against answering questions from newbies at all. What disgusts me is the entitled attitude of this worthless prick.

Reactions: Therion666

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Why are people here on the forum if they don’t want to share knowledge and learn things?

You got the principle of a forum & a mailing list mixed up here.

There's a dedicated & safe area called the https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/flame-free-zone where you can post all the newbie question you want and have courteous answer even if it's the 100th time it's been said.

The rest of the forum is however, an area where knowledge is shared and opinion exchanged on a specific subject, making it easier to find those info later by a simple search.

Imagine if that topic you are in, was just the thing you were looking for, and after opening it, you would only see people asking the same question over & over, what good would that serve ?

I have tens of years of experience in using forums both as staff & simple user, and I've asked very very few questions because usually pretty much everything is already there, most of the people that get flamed here for questions are usually people that did not bother searching before hand and seniors members tend to get worn out by that.

But to acknowledge part of what you are saying, this topic has been heavily derailed lately, if people have a beef with each other, they should use the PM system and not go off topic.

So please, warning to everyone, keep the insults and aggressive attitude to PMs if you can't keep them for yourself, thanks

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
I just GL'd this:

I hope I didn't miss anything big to RL lol

0wFjc.jpg

0wGOX.jpg

Last edited:

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
So here it is: the V6F black dial Santos. It is very nice, but gotta say that regarding the general watch case "finish", the feel is better on the GF. Biggest tells: the date wheel numbers, of course, and also I believe the white roman numerals should be lumed. They aren't. Nonetheless, this is a keeper for me. Dial, bezel and crystal are very nicely done. Also, correct flat screws on the bracelet. I'll try to get a gen black croc strap for it. Or the new rubber black strap, that would be a home run.

ad4add68bc4747621e8e6b6fe003b0ce.plist
9ff513c57911a49cf921c4ba96c691a0.plist
62f466ed48af2ba9aa9329a4f1154a59.plist
361fdef79a0b811f34003466ce051d2d.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Pope and tdk1010

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Also, the phone camera lens make these Santos look super zoomed, the watch does not have that "big" feel on the wrist at all. I don't know if it is because of the more black profile of the elements on this watch and the curvature, but it actually seems smaller than its white and blue counterparts. Will measure it and compare.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Also, the phone camera lens make these Santos look super zoomed, the watch does not have that "big" feel on the wrist at all. I don't know if it is because of the more black profile of the elements on this watch and the curvature, but it actually seems smaller than its white and blue counterparts. Will measure it and compare.

Thanks for posting the pics. This piece is the next on my wish list, so you've given me a big nudge ;-)

I have tried to confirm whether the numerals should be lumed, but can't find anything firm saying there should be.

Also when you say case finish not as good as gf, do you mean in polishing or edging, or both? And how noisy is your miyota rotor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Thanks for posting the pics. This piece is the next on my wish list, so you've given me a big nudge ;-)

I have tried to confirm whether the numerals should be lumed, but can't find anything firm saying there should be.

Also when you say case finish not as good as gf, do you mean in polishing or edging, or both? And how noisy is your miyota rotor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the numerals should be lumed, as per the information in the link above. The polishing on the watch is not as good as the GF, but other than that is fine. The miyota is barely audible, and after three days is only 3 seconds ahead!

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I think the numerals should be lumed, as per the information in the link above. The polishing on the watch is not as good as the GF, but other than that is fine. The Miyota is barely audible, and after three days is only 3 seconds ahead!

Thanks. I read about the lume on the site, but no mention on any of Cartier's sites. So I thought, id give them a call. The lady on the phone thought only the hands, but wanted to check and get back to me. I am waiting on a callback and will update.

Reactions: Bendori and leo6929

Bendori

2/5/16
kobe24 Dear Kobe, do you know if the GF is making the two tone? I'm so tired of waiting for their two tone.. lol