• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

misco

Horology Curious
14/1/20
The 40mm, as TheGoodGoodLife mentions the 35mm does not have date window.

slashdotcom1 I have seen several people saying that, yes. For me, it was not a nuisance, but I do understand your point of view.

The reason why I chose the 40mm is because I found it the perfect size... much less big than I was expecting, despite my slightly-smaller-than-average wrist.

I would advise to go for the 35mm only if you are comfortable wearing small watches (e.g the Rolex 36mm Datejust).

P.S: Just my two cents, getting started in this rep world :D

What about the movement's noise?

I read a few reviews blaming about the movement which make a lot of noise... I'm looking forward for a GF 35mm but I'm not sure because this noise issue....

PD: 2 GEN pictures @ cartier boutique
ar9TS.jpg

ar1qW.jpg

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
The 40mm, as TheGoodGoodLife mentions the 35mm does not have date window.

slashdotcom1 I have seen several people saying that, yes. For me, it was not a nuisance, but I do understand your point of view.

The reason why I chose the 40mm is because I found it the perfect size... much less big than I was expecting, despite my slightly-smaller-than-average wrist.

I would advise to go for the 35mm only if you are comfortable wearing small watches (e.g the Rolex 36mm Datejust).

P.S: Just my two cents, getting started in this rep world :D

Mate, don't get me wrong...i would also prefer the 40mm, but just don't like date window at 6. Another example is the new seamaster 300, beautiful watch and amazing dial...but the date window just stops me from buying it.However...can you tell me if the rotor is extremely noisy or it is ok?

Reactions: misco

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
I got my santos m size two tone Rose gold by BV Factory. Large one is KOR. I think Dial tone is upgraded. more white. [/QUOTE]

Eric5835

Are you happy with the quality of BV? How is the rotor noise?

Inviato dal mio LYA-L29 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

Eric5835

Looking Around
17/12/19
South Korea
I got my santos m size two tone Rose gold by BV Factory. Large one is KOR. I think Dial tone is upgraded. more white.

Eric5835

[/QUOTE]

As the matter of Fact, All Miyota movements has a noise problem. sometimes case by case. Quality is enough to satisfy as you can see my photo Bro!
Go get it~~

Last edited:
Reactions: misco

antoniomc27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/19
Kuala Lumpur
Mate, don't get me wrong...i would also prefer the 40mm, but just don't like date window at 6. Another example is the new seamaster 300, beautiful watch and amazing dial...but the date window just stops me from buying it.However...can you tell me if the rotor is extremely noisy or it is ok?

yes, Mitoya is noisy man... I jsut dont let that spoil my love for the watch :p

cc: misco

ramzy2001

24/11/19
Hi! Here is my BVF V2 acquisition:
And here my short review of the purchasing process with Puretime. Pity the leather strap not closing though...: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...artier-40mm-2018-bvf-v2?p=8482084#post8482084
Could you post some pics with the leather strap.
I am getting ready to make the purchase after Chinese holiday, and still confused between 2 tones or SS. These pics will definitely put me on the right direction.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
After reading over and over this thread and visit AD couple times to try both 35mm and 40mm Santos, I decided to pull a trigger on a 40mm GF from PT today. Understand there will be a delay due to the CoronaVirus. Hope to get it soon. Feeling so excited!!!

slashdotcom1

Renowned Member
16/11/18
Eric5835

As the matter of Fact, All Miyota movements has a noise problem. sometimes case by case. Quality is enough to satisfy as you can see my photo Bro!
Go get it~~[/QUOTE]

I just made my mind and now i have to wait because of the virus...anyway...hope the situation in China will be better and the people can go to their daily routine soon.

megapleb

Known Member
5/7/18
US
Can anyone with a gold or two-tone model comment on how the bezel is holding up? My silver one is scratched despite light use (it seems the gen does the same thing) which makes me concerned about how plating will look.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: axel.gold

extremecoolness

14/9/19
Is there a women's Cartier that is compatible with OEM smartlink bands? If so what brands and what kind for men.