• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

AMGwolf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/19
Downtown Miami
Received my GF Santos Large yesterday. Absolutely love it! In all honesty, to the naked eye this looks exactly like when I tried on the Gen at the Cartier Boutique. I think I will have to go GEN in this watch. Maybe get the 35mm gen for suit + tie.

42b85f262a9b541c1bb78e05f059d338.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SKnight

8/7/19
NamelessNL
Congrats on your gen Santos, were it in good health.
I think I speak on behalf of everyone on the thread when I say definately add pictures of the gen for comparison.

cheers

HerGy

17/8/19
Received my GF Santos Large yesterday. Absolutely love it! In all honesty, to the naked eye this looks exactly like when I tried on the Gen at the Cartier Boutique. I think I will have to go GEN in this watch. Maybe get the 35mm gen for suit + tie.

Looks great! enjoy it.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Guys. Can someone please tell What’s the lug width of the 40mm GF? 20mm? I’m getting a strap for Xmas Present

Last edited:

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Guys. Can someone please tell What’s the lug width of the 40mm GF? 20mm? I’m getting a strap for Xmas Present

Yea it’s 20 mm

NamelessNL

6/4/18
NamelessNL
Congrats on your gen Santos, were it in good health.
I think I speak on behalf of everyone on the thread when I say definately add pictures of the gen for comparison.

cheers

Ok will do as soon as I have time to make some nice pics
d99499b4325db203c71c0b2d8b3c35b4.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Thanks, I should have asked is it 22/18 for the deployment clasp that works with leather straps.

Not sure I understand the correctly. There is basically no clasp, you fold the leather into the clasp.

If you want a gen strap that works with the folding I have one for sale for cheap :D

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Not sure I understand the correctly. There is basically no clasp, you fold the leather into the clasp.

If you want a gen strap that works with the folding I have one for sale for cheap :D

Sorry I’ve not got the watch here I’ve only seen the other clasp you get for the leather bands. If it was for me, I’d take you up on the strap. A used strap For Xmas isn’t really gonna work, if you could provide the measurements of the clasp end, that would be much appreciated so I can get mine on order. haha

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Sorry I’ve not got the watch here I’ve only seen the other clasp you get for the leather bands. If it was for me, I’d take you up on the strap. A used strap For Xmas isn’t really gonna work, if you could provide the measurements of the clasp end, that would be much appreciated so I can get mine on order. haha

I don’t have a caliper so I measured it with measuring tape and it says 16-17mm. I’d opt for 16 mm

SKnight

8/7/19
Got my GF Santos size M and I have to say it's really surpassed my expectations!

This is my very first rep so I don't have much to go on, but fit and quality of finish amazing, bracelet feels solid, the smart link and quick change work seamlessly.

Reactions: henchr

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Wow, this is a crazy long trail, but the information here really helped me decide. My first replica ever Santos de Cartier 35mm Steel from intime05.co arrived yesterday and absolutely love it!

I showed it to my wife (she's a watch enthusiast and got me into it) and has a really good eye. She thought I had bought a real one! The SmartLink works brilliantly.

With the community info, I'll next get a genuine Cartier alligator (which everyone here says will fit) and then eventually buy the real thing now that I know it fits my style.

Oh and if anybody has a rose gold Cartier replica, how does it compare to the genuine?

jRWp3.jpg

Hi folks, just to complete my post, below picture with my genuine Cartier alligator strap. I was surprised the strap did not include it's own buckle for the price!

As confirmed with other members, it fits on fine, but taking off the leather strap is very very difficult.

Similar to some, my Miyota 9015 movement is a bit loud when the rotor moves. I've noticed the runs a bit fast and thought that was normal, but I just realized today - via the Lepsi App - that it's magnetized (likely during shipping). I'll demagnetize tomorrow and report back in if anyone is interested.

Scratching does not seem to be an issue, but I'm a pretty careful watch wearer.

Overall very happy with how it wears, and now I'm saving for the genuine watch too.

2VeLb.jpg

Last edited:

SKnight

8/7/19
axel.brass the strap looks great mate.

Personally, I think it's the bracelet that makes this watch really stand out. Further I'm amazed at how comfortable the steel bracelet wears. Hard to believe it's a rep.

Worn it out to a few events and gotten loads of compliments.

Reactions: axel.gold