• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
V2 and still the wrong font on the DW of the blue version :frusty:

Alkuhf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/17
Regarding BVF V2, puretime told me the factory only told us they made a new batch. they did not tell what upgrades they did

BVF add 10 dollars more for the new batch

Reactions: leo6929

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Wow, this is a crazy long trail, but the information here really helped me decide. My first replica ever Santos de Cartier 35mm Steel from intime05.co arrived yesterday and absolutely love it!

I showed it to my wife (she's a watch enthusiast and got me into it) and has a really good eye. She thought I had bought a real one! The SmartLink works brilliantly.

With the community info, I'll next get a genuine Cartier alligator (which everyone here says will fit) and then eventually buy the real thing now that I know it fits my style.

Oh and if anybody has a rose gold Cartier replica, how does it compare to the genuine?

bose2019

MULTI ACCOUNT
26/3/19
I knew TrustyTime's price was pure greed from TT.
From now on I'll have their website deleted from my list.
Puretime purchase here I go!

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
I’m keen to get the large santos with white dial. I’ve narrowed it down to BVF or GF. Both seem excellent with no bad reviews for either. Both come with strap and bracelet

Points of difference:
A couple of members who’ve had both in hand have said BVF is better than GF.
BVF is $70 more expensive.
Gen strap fits BVF better

what I’m not sure about is thickness. Gen is 9mm. One member measured BVF at 9.8mm. I haven’t seen any members measure the GF. Can members please measure the thickness of either and let me know?

Re the OEM strap, I spoke with Cartier on the phone and they charge aud400 for the alligator and aud200-300 for the calf depending on length. The deployant costs aud500.

Im thinking if the BVF is not thicker than the GF, I’ll get the BVF with blue OEM alligator

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
I've got GF and I'm very happy with it. Even the rep leather strap is of acceptable quality . I think thickness was 9.8mm if I recall correctly.

Reactions: Nivka

SKnight

8/7/19
Nivka

Hey mate, Just to clarify Cartier will sell the deployment clasp too??

those who have the GF, and have compared it to the gen, is the gen deployment clasp worth purchasing??

leo6929 could you please weigh in??

thanks

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Nivka

Hey mate, Just to clarify Cartier will sell the deployment clasp too??

those who have the GF, and have compared it to the gen, is the gen deployment clasp worth purchasing??

leo6929 could you please weigh in??

thanks

Yes that’s right. I called the phone number on the Australian Cartier site and they said they’d sell the deployant for aud500 (usd340)

SKnight

8/7/19
@Nivka Thanks for clarifying.

I guess the next question is, is it worth upgrading to a gen deployment clasp?? @leo6929 Could you please weigh in, and any others whom have compared the GF to the gen.

Cheers

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Hello chaps. My opinion: White you can get GF or BVF, you are good to go. I have the KOR and I use the head case with the GF bracelet. Also, I have both the blue BVF and blue GF. The BVF looks like a toy watch beside the GF. They both are around 9.8 mm, but believe me, the profile of this watch is curved and looks very thin and tight around the wrist. 0.8mm vs. the gen spec is impossible to see IRL. The deployant clasp for the leather band: I sincerely cannot see any differences with the gen one, so no point in getting a gen clasp at that level of price.

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Hello chaps. My opinion: White you can get GF or BVF, you are good to go. I have the KOR and I use the head case with the GF bracelet. Also, I have both the blue BVF and blue GF. The BVF looks like a toy watch beside the GF. They both are around 9.8 mm, but believe me, the profile of this watch is curved and looks very thin and tight around the wrist. 0.8mm vs. the gen spec is impossible to see IRL. The deployant clasp for the leather band: I sincerely cannot see any differences with the gen one, so no point in getting a gen clasp at that level of price.

When you say the BVF looks like a toy is the quality of the GF that much better? Agree on the 0.8mm difference - genuine profile is 9.08 (per website) - but replica wears just fine under my shirt cuff.

I think the OP wanted the Alligator strap which I've not found exists a replica... if somebody can point me there I'd be grateful. Otherwise I'll be saving up to do what the original poster did with my GF.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
When you say the BVF looks like a toy is the quality of the GF that much better? Agree on the 0.8mm difference - genuine profile is 9.08 (per website) - but replica wears just fine under my shirt cuff.

I think the OP wanted the Alligator strap which I've not found exists a replica... if somebody can point me there I'd be grateful. Otherwise I'll be saving up to do what the original poster did with my GF.

Yeah, what I mean is that the GF looks way better in color and print of the dial, quality of the silver numerals, etc. Also the brushed finishing and color of the steel looks finer. Finally, the screws on the bracelet are the closest to gen I've seen in real life, in size and "flatness". I haven't seen replica alligator straps in any TD´s website. I got the gen blue calf and the rep blue calf. They are not too different in appearence, of course the gen is better. What I found problematic was that the rep GF calf strap didn't fit the GF watch. But the gen strap did fit. Go figure.

SKnight

8/7/19
I've placed an order for the GF Santos medium size.
initially I was partial to the large size but I prefer the look / design of the date less face.

Btw for those interested I too was trying to decide between the BVF as I wanted two tone rose gold but the TD advised I go with with GF as in his opinion it's slightly better of the two.

Will share pictures and my views once I receive it. Will try and compare it to the gen once I get it.

Reactions: leo6929

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
I've placed an order for the GF Santos medium size.
initially I was partial to the large size but I prefer the look / design of the date less face.

Btw for those interested I too was trying to decide between the BVF as I wanted two tone rose gold but the TD advised I go with with GF as in his opinion it's slightly better of the two.

Will share pictures and my views once I receive it. Will try and compare it to the gen once I get it.
So have you ordered your medium size two tone? I would really like to get more info on that. I have been away from the forum for a while and it's really nice to see the two tone came out! I have been waiting for it for long

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

SKnight

8/7/19
nicmend
No mate. I went for the GF because from everything I read on the forum and the TDs advise I went for the GF and they don't do a two tone :(.

Hopefully a forum member gets a two tone BV and can share they're views.

JM4

17/5/19
EU
I tried a white gen. Don’t miss the opportunity if you can. Impressive finish, as expected. Hard to imagine a rep that can get closer in quality: quick release strap, smart links, silky bracelet,... I’m making lighter my rep collection to go for this Cartier in my next trip - €1000 taxes.

Pope

15/2/19
Looking at Santos 35mm models, my take for now:
1/Bracelet:
BVF has the best bracelet, screws are to scale and flush with the bracelet, the bracelet fits tightly with the case. V6F screws are flush but too large. GF has the worst bracelet, screws are too large and too recessed. From the pictures the BVF leather strap looks better than the GF.
2/Bezel screws:
BVF bezel screws seem to have the wrong shape (sort of flat on the top and a chamfered side). V6F and GF seem to be more accurately shaped (not flat). The screws on the GF are more recessed and V6F maybe too flush, I feel like the gen is kind of in between.
3/Printing:
On the V6F the letters on the Cartier printing are so close they are touching, not very accurate. Printing on the GF overall seems to be sharper and therefore closer to gen.

There are other differences but I would say these matter the most to me.
That makes it hard for me to make a choice here. I guess the best would be the GF with BVF bracelet, but that doesn't make much sense financially.
The BVF would probably make a fine watch if there is a way to change the bezel screws (printing would still be too thick, but we can't have it all). Is it possible to order bezel screws from the TDs? And would they even fit?

Edit: I'm a basing my opinion on pictures from PureTime and pictures of gens found on Google, so not super reliable. Please point it out if I got something wrong.
Also with BVF I refer to the V2 which has a better bracelet than V1.

Last edited: