• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

henchr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
Norway
henchr you’re right. But one last question remains: is the V6F compatible with gen leather straps? Because I will order one in brown/orange for sure!... which leads me to still needing to wait for it to arrive at someone else’s wrist ;(

if I’d have to listen to my guts, I’d pick the V6F over the GF

You won't get an answer out of me, seeing as I probably won't buy a gen strap in the nearest future. It's on my schedule, but I've got other things to spend my money on. But seeing as the GF takes gen straps, I'd presume V6F does too. I just wish some third party could make some affordable QuickSwitch straps!

Reactions: TheGoodGoodLife

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
So this is a huge thread, with multiple sizes (and now) multiple factories. Maybe we can provide some "latest" insights from our findings?

What is the best 35mm classic white dial version? I'm seeing a bit of back and forth between GF and V6F - is there a clear winner as of late?

TheGoodGoodLife

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
So this is a huge thread, with multiple sizes (and now) multiple factories. Maybe we can provide some "latest" insights from our findings?

What is the best 35mm classic white dial version? I'm seeing a bit of back and forth between GF and V6F - is there a clear winner as of late?

no one currently has the V6F 35mm inhand here as far as I know.
3 members ordered it tho. I am about to order in the next couple days.

some TDs say GF 35mm is not in stock anymore.

hm11esh

4/9/18
no one currently has the V6F 35mm inhand here as far as I know.
3 members ordered it tho. I am about to order in the next couple days.

some TDs say GF 35mm is not in stock anymore.

been told by toro that 35mm gf is not in stock.

opted for v6f in the end. still waiting qc pics

henchr

29/1/19
Norway

As far as I've gathered, the differences here are minute. GF, KOR and V6F all have good versions, and - by personal preference - KOR is the best rep for the medium; for now. Check this thread for a side-by-side comparison between GF and KOR Large models. FYI, KOR is the left, GF is the right. V6F does have a really great track record when it comes to Cartier replicas, which is why I'm opting for it. If any of the factories manage to put in a screw-down crown, we're talking super-rep. When I checked a few weeks ago, the GF was out of stock, but I don't know if they've caught up by now. My V6F hasn't updated since Friday, so it probably haven't left Guangzhou, meaning it'll probably be here by monday or tuesday - hopefully before.

atozzotas

7/1/15
henchr you’re right. But one last question remains: is the V6F compatible with gen leather straps? Because I will order one in brown/orange for sure!... which leads me to still needing to wait for it to arrive at someone else’s wrist ;(

if I’d have to listen to my guts, I’d pick the V6F over the GF

They fit but is not perfect (the strap came loose a few times with heavy shaking) and you can imagine the watch dropped pretty hard on the floor

henchr

29/1/19
Norway
I just picked up the V6F from the postal office. Initial reaction was great, however something felt off. After some measurements, I can safely say that the watch is 9.67mm in height as opposed to the 8.8mm which has been stated. Seeing as this is a tenth of the height of the watch, I'm really not satisfied.

Link to photo.

Last edited:

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
I just picked up the V6F from the postal office. Initial reaction was great, however something felt off. After some measurements, I can safely say that the watch is 9.67mm in height as opposed to the 8.8mm which has been stated. Seeing as this is a tenth of the height of the watch, I'm really not satisfied.

Link to photo.

Wow, that's not good at all!

Can you fix the photo? It's broken.

Reactions: TheGoodGoodLife

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Hm, it works on my end. Here's another one. I've emailed PureTime about it, so they're aware of it, so we'll see what they do about it. I'm not picky when it comes to reps, but this ground my gears a little.

Yup, I had the V6F bookmarked to buy, but have flipped it back to my original choice of GF 35mm. Hopefully they come back into stock.

henchr

29/1/19
Norway
Update: PureTime was told by V6F that the watch was a complete copy of the Cartier de Santos medium. They also claim to have measured the watch before shipping, without the crystal. What good that would do, I don't know, so I measured the height from the caseback to the bezel which is 9.5mm. This is a tough spot to get an accurate measurement, seeing as the caseback curves at the edges, but seeing as the crystal doesn't protrude much it's safe to say that in any way or form, the watch is at least 9.6mm in height.
With crystal:

Bezel to caseback:

Here's a few photos of the watch in daylight. I have to say, apart from the height, it's a stunning watch. The bracelet is very nice with little play, save for a millimeter at the buckle. The cabochon is nicely milled and shows no tool marks or chips. The print is very well done, with glossy and slightly raised ink. The QuickSwitch is magnificently smooth to operate, and I have no doubts that it'll take gen straps, although I probably won't order one seeing as I'm already considering getting rid of the watch. The QuickSwitch works well, although some of the spring loaded pins don't pop out as much as they should; they're easy to grab with a fingernail, though, so that's no problem. The gen also has this problem. However, some of the pins do pop out willy-nilly, but seeing as my chicken wrists forces me to take out almost all the links, I can easily just swap the link in question. The clasp too feels very sturdy, is well machined and locks very securely. Click on the photos for high resolution versions.

Case measurements:
​​​​​​​

Last edited:

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Update: PureTime was told by V6F that the watch was a complete copy of the Cartier de Santos medium. They also claim to have measured the watch before shipping, without the crystal. What good that would do, I don't know, so I measured the height from the caseback to the bezel which is 9.5mm. This is a tough spot to get an accurate measurement, seeing as the caseback curves at the edges, but seeing as the crystal doesn't protrude much it's safe to say that in any way or form, the watch is at least 9.6mm in height.

Thanks for the insights. It's a shame this isn't 1:1 dimensions!

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
New Santos model look story without end ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
Anybody got their santos bezel scratched up already? Have you tried some cape cod polishing?

henchr

29/1/19
Norway
Anybody got their santos bezel scratched up already? Have you tried some cape cod polishing?

It's a definite scratch magnet, that's for sure. It's almost as if a gentle wind will scratch it. But in my opinion, the Santos carries scratches well. I'm sure that some cape cod will get rid of them in no time.