• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

hm11esh

4/9/18
I just ordered the 35mm GF from InTime :) I think the 35mm looks much better than the bigger one, can't wait to get it

did you get your watch. I ordered form an other TD but they now saying out of stock. been 3 weeks since payment was sent

hm11esh

4/9/18
I may have to get the 35mm V6F if that's the case. Does anyone recommend that factory and has anyone purchased one?

wizzzard

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
18/3/13
UK
Picked up the GF 40mm (Large) blue dial from Kuvarsit.

Pros: Beautiful finish. Steel strap is well made. Sunburst dial is stunning in the sun. (Have compared to the Gen and is very close) Sits perfectly on my 6.75in wrist.

Cons: Leather strap that came with the watch was ripped and unusable. Reserve is about 24 hours - could be better.

Onto the pics (including one next to the Santos Dumont):

156a4efb3db8150190a21a660d41101d.jpg

fd24a2223600e30e585b8f8e72360008.jpg

b87554c1c4d6e2fd6d46114e6ca71cf3.jpg

6e5098c7c039b697f925df9d97c286d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n3w2thi5

Horology Curious
1/4/18
Still waiting on the two tone in 35mm. I've reached out to several dealers and still no word on the factories producing them unfortunately.

Red Mamba

Supporter
Certified
6/4/18
Italy
I just bought this from PureTime, waiting for the bitcoin payment to go through and receive QC. I’ll see once the QC comes through if it’s okay.

Let us know, i'm really interested in this!

Cassius0314

Horology Curious
8/9/19
Are there any updates on the 35mm? Anybody knows the difference of V6F and GF? I’ve read that the 35mm GF is 2cm thicker than the gen. Is that true?

henchr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/1/19
Norway
Let us know, i'm really interested in this!

QC pics for the V6F 2018 medium came in. All in all, it looks great. Finishing looks great and they seem to have fixed the beveling on the crystal to some degree. I still think it's slightly too wide, but hardly noticable. All tooling and tolerances looks good. The QuickSwitch endlinks doesn't sit completely flush with the case and the caseback screws are too deep, but otherwise it's a perfect rep. I'll update with firsthand pics when it gets here.

If the link to QC pics are against the rules, just shoot me a message and I'll get rid of it. Only posting for the sake of comparison.

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
QC pics for the V6F 2018 medium came in. All in all, it looks great. Finishing looks great and they seem to have fixed the beveling on the crystal to some degree. I still think it's slightly too wide, but hardly noticable. All tooling and tolerances looks good. The QuickSwitch endlinks doesn't sit completely flush with the case and the caseback screws are too deep, but otherwise it's a perfect rep. I'll update with firsthand pics when it gets here.

If the link to QC pics are against the rules, just shoot me a message and I'll get rid of it. Only posting for the sake of comparison.

Thanks for the pics. I still think that the beveling on the crystal is too wide. But your watch looks nice. One think I notice is that the screws on the bezel and on the bracelet are too big. First the factories did not make big enough and flat enough screws. Now, seems to me that V6F overdid it.

henchr

29/1/19
Norway
Thanks for the pics. I still think that the beveling on the crystal is too wide. But your watch looks nice. One think I notice is that the screws on the bezel and on the bracelet are too big. First the factories did not make big enough and flat enough screws. Now, seems to me that V6F overdid it.

I agree, the bevel is just ever so slightly too wide, but at least it doesn't entirely cover up the 'Swiss Made' so much as it used to. I'm unsure whether it does so in the gen, as it is quite a while since I've handled one. The screws are, as you say, minutely larger than gen, but that's far too much nitpicking than I care for - it's going to be virtually indistinguishable in the flesh. The polishing of the screw heads looks a bit uneven, but I'll look into it when it gets here - hopefully in two weeks.

EDIT: Andrew just posted a video on the V6F Santos Medium. I was under the impression that the gen has a screw-down crown? Or is that just the Large?

Last edited:

TheGoodGoodLife

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT

How are they slightly too big? I’ve compared the QC pics to gen pics and they look 1:1 imo

can you mark what you mean?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
How are they slightly too big? I’ve compared the QC pics to gen pics and they look 1:1 imo

Totally my subjective point of view. I put GF, VSF and gen pics together and to me GF bezel and bracelet screws look spot on. But this is just me nitpicking. I don't have a way to make precise measures. either GF or VSF this reps are amazingly close.

henchr

29/1/19
Norway

I'll agree with leo6929, the screws are minutely larger than in the gen, but we're talking sub-millimeter. Otherwise the V6F looks pretty damn close, save for that screw-down crown issue. If they fix that and the beveling on the crystal then we're talking superclone material. Mine is posted now, so it should be here shortly.

TheGoodGoodLife

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
I'll agree with leo6929, the screws are minutely larger than in the gen, but we're talking sub-millimeter. Otherwise the V6F looks pretty damn close, save for that screw-down crown issue. If they fix that and the beveling on the crystal then we're talking superclone material. Mine is posted now, so it should be here shortly.

Please review ASAP...

i was literally seconds before sending payment for the V6F... then u guys mentioned the screws. GF or V6F 35mm is the question now

henchr

29/1/19
Norway
Please review ASAP...

i was literally seconds before sending payment for the V6F... then u guys mentioned the screws. GF or V6F 35mm is the question now

Honestly, these aren't tells. They are extremely small differences only noticeable with obscure magnification alongside a gen. Nobody is going to look at your Santos and say "those screws are 30 micrometers too large!".

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Honestly, these aren't tells. They are extremely small differences only noticeable with obscure magnification alongside a gen. Nobody is going to look at your Santos and say "those screws are 30 micrometers too large!".

Agreed. Just go with the one you like better. For me, that was the 40mm GF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TheGoodGoodLife

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
henchr you’re right. But one last question remains: is the V6F compatible with gen leather straps? Because I will order one in brown/orange for sure!... which leads me to still needing to wait for it to arrive at someone else’s wrist ;(

if I’d have to listen to my guts, I’d pick the V6F over the GF

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
henchr you’re right. But one last question remains: is the V6F compatible with gen leather straps? Because I will order one in brown/orange for sure!... which leads me to still needing to wait for it to arrive at someone else’s wrist ;(

if I’d have to listen to my guts, I’d pick the V6F over the GF

If this helps, my GF takes gen leather straps. Knowing VSF, my guess is that it should, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro