• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

cooljdev

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/18
I just received my GF 35mm Santos. First I was shocked because the watch looked really tiny, but it's different on the wrist, the watch looks amazing :)
Build quality is very good and I can't spot any obvious flaws, dial looks great.

It was so easy to adjust the strap to my size with the easylink system, that's a great idea that every watch should have. It came with a leather strap and a pouch which was nice too.

Can't say anything about the movement because I'll need some days to see how it runs, but right now I'm very satisfied.

Reactions: TheGoodGoodLife

atozzotas

7/1/15
GF blue arrived today. The GF crystal edges is too pronouced comparing it to the bvf. Bracelet from GF is by far better, will probably then swap bracelets to see if they fit and keep bvf head and GF bracelet

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18

knick1721

Horology Curious
25/4/19
Impressed with the BVF!
Shall I get the alligator strap I. Blue or Black ? I called Cartier and they quoted me 549 AUD for strap and 520 AUD for official buckle.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Impressed with the BVF!
Shall I get the alligator strap I. Blue or Black ? I called Cartier and they quoted me 549 AUD for strap and 520 AUD for official buckle.

I think the rep clasp is more than enough. Additionally, I think the colors of the calf and gator vary greatly, so I think it depends on which color you want. If you want black Go for gator. Personally I’d never wear blue but that’s personal taste.

cooljdev

16/5/18
The power reserve on my GF 35mm seems to have problems :/ it doesn't run a full day (24h) without stopping at some point, even if I wind it... That's disappointing.

Fernz

23/5/18
The strap was included and it does fit. Really sorry to hear about your watch issues. Who did you buy it from?

I got it from PT ... they responded to my messages and I’ve now sent it back and they’re supposed to repair it. So far they’ve been pretty responsive but I’m still a little frustrated as I had to pay $65 US to ship back to them. I typically by from Tony but have heard good things about PT and wanted to try them out. We’ll see. I’ll keep folks posted.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to post a video on here? I’ve tried several times and nothing works.

Sent from the RWI App

philipbe8

Horology Curious
12/9/09
The power reserve on my GF 35mm seems to have problems :/ it doesn't run a full day (24h) without stopping at some point, even if I wind it... That's disappointing.

Mine is the same, I've had to send mine back to Sead to get it serviced.

ballgio

7/8/19
EU
I'm interested in the 40mm white dial Santos with steel bracelet. After reading through this thread I am confused which one to chose. Somehow I tend to the V6F. Do you have an idea why V6F is cheaper than KOR and BVF which cost the same?

Here are the 3 watches:
https://puretimewatch.io/santos-de-...al-on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015.html
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015-v2.html
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...al-on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015.html