• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

cooljdev

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/5/18
I just ordered the 35mm GF from InTime :) I think the 35mm looks much better than the bigger one, can't wait to get it

Reactions: Fernz

Princey73

21/5/18
Personally I agree about the 35mm. Would be cool if you could post some wrist shots once it arrives! I’ve been thinking of pulling the trigger for 35mm GF as my next order!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

rvillarreal89

Known Member
4/9/17
Really good! The quality of the overall watch including bracelet is gen like. I tired on the gen in the store and for me the difference is minimal if not the same. It has a nice weight to it too and feels really comfortable on the wrist.

Emailed Sead and he said to use Cape Cod to remove the scratches but still disappointing for a new watch upon arrival.

Thanks! Do you know if a gen strap is compatible with GF?

Fernz

23/5/18
Really good! The quality of the overall watch including bracelet is gen like. I tired on the gen in the store and for me the difference is minimal if not the same. It has a nice weight to it too and feels really comfortable on the wrist.

Emailed Sead and he said to use Cape Cod to remove the scratches but still disappointing for a new watch upon arrival.

Pics?

Sent from the RWI App

Fernz

23/5/18
Personally I agree about the 35mm. Would be cool if you could post some wrist shots once it arrives! I’ve been thinking of pulling the trigger for 35mm GF as my next order!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Darn it! Okay, after much back and forth I just put in an order from PureTime. Will share wrist shots when I get it.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Princey73

cooljdev

16/5/18
Darn it! Okay, after much back and forth I just put in an order from PureTime. Will share wrist shots when I get it.

Sent from the RWI App

Mine's on the way. Everything went really fast and smooth, Ryan's great :)

10fnrfc.jpg

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Got the large size. I think it’s too big for my taste. The small size is too small for my taste. I would prefer something in between

9f70b86f16c99ef3e3f756e60425c3df.jpg

Reactions: Therion666

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
imho large is really large for a normal wrist. the previous version despite being a lot thicker was better sized.

35mm I'm buying for my wife..

philipbe8

Horology Curious
12/9/09
Is anyone having problems with their GF 35mm not holding charge? I've turned the crown 15-20 times as per instructions but I'm not getting the quoted 42 hours power reserve. I'm not even getting 12 hours! I need to reset the time every morning.

Is the watch is faulty?

https://miyotamovement.com/product/9015/

Theilluminati

11/3/19
Is anyone having problems with their GF 35mm not holding charge? I've turned the crown 15-20 times as per instructions but I'm not getting the quoted 42 hours power reserve. I'm not even getting 12 hours! I need to reset the time every morning.

Is the watch is faulty?

https://miyotamovement.com/product/9015/

I have the GF 35mm and mine tends to lose time most days. Nearly every morning it will be 5-10 mins fast. Not a big deal, but can become a bit annoying.

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Think you both been unlucky... mine runs on time and has enough power reserve... find a local watchsmith that touches reps and have it serviced

Last edited:

goodjack

Horology Curious
2/2/17
Think you both been unlucky... mine runs on time and has enough power reserve... find a local watchsmith that touches reps and have it serviced

I also have had no problems with mine. Bite the bullet and get them serviced.

cooljdev

16/5/18
Nice! When going over the QC pics were you on the lookout for anything in particular? I ask because I just received my QC pics.

Sent from the RWI App

I was just looking for obvious flaws. I didn't see any so I accepted the watch.

philipbe8

Horology Curious
12/9/09
I have the GF 35mm and mine tends to lose time most days. Nearly every morning it will be 5-10 mins fast. Not a big deal, but can become a bit annoying.

I've been told by Sead to wind the crown at least 60 times. It seems to have done the trick so far!

watch_is_up

Horology Curious
4/12/18
Is there a gen quartz version of this or are there only automatics for this 2018 model? I couldn't find any quartz Gens of this