• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

newrepper

13/6/18
Haha Same strap recently bought
ee305df41976390b77a26de298372129.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, what factory is yours?

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Thanks a lot sir!! That's all I was asking for and appreciate you could do that, I just wanted to get some comments, feels and pics from who bought the medium version

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

a8fc8762ea13bacec62006a527b327f1.jpg

b1f898ae769bf666364b0c8fe664303f.jpg

cdf911ec7fb8e3b570380cbff566f453.jpg

9a14c20edb73d54e0c6568089236fa95.jpg

Apologies for the quality of the photos, I don’t have a DSLR at hand. I can’t fault the watch, is it done at a very high quality. Yes the xtal ‘rim’ is thick. Gen is too but I think GF is thicker to the point it hides the ‘swiss made’ at 6 o clock. That doesn’t bother me. On the wrist it is simply the most comforting watch I have on my collection... really embraces the wrist well.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicmend

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Apologies for the quality of the photos, I don’t have a DSLR at hand. I can’t fault the watch, is it done at a very high quality. Yes the xtal ‘rim’ is thick. Gen is too but I think GF is thicker to the point it hides the ‘swiss made’ at 6 o clock. That doesn’t bother me. On the wrist it is simply the most comforting watch I have on my collection... really embraces the wrist well.

Awesome, thanks for sharing. I think I'll save up and order one! I knew about the rim but I don't think it would really bother me

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

chrlsndnt

Horology Curious
8/9/17
Looks gorgeous! Checked the gen rim in store today, definitely looks wider in real life than on the online store, and actually not vastly thinner than the GF.

Can I ask about your wrist size? Mine is 6’’ so quite relieved to see the GF fits your wrist nicely in your photos

Reactions: antoniomc27

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
It's gorgeous! If I may ask, what size wrist do you have?

I also tried on the 2 sizes at an AD and found that the leather strap on the 39 mm flared away from my wrist because of the way the strap connects to the watch while the bracelet was quite accommodating on my 6.4 inch wrist. The AD assured me that the leather strap would eventually conform to my wrist but I still decided to go with the smaller GF version which I'm really happy with.

Thanks mate. My wrist is 7 inches. And these days my liking for watch sizes is 40mm to 43mm. But I can perfectly understand that for some, the 39mm may be the sweet spot.

Last edited:

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Looks gorgeous! Checked the gen rim in store today, definitely looks wider in real life than on the online store, and actually not vastly thinner than the GF.

Can I ask about your wrist size? Mine is 6’’ so quite relieved to see the GF fits your wrist nicely in your photos

I got a 6 inches wrist too

newrepper

13/6/18
Was sold on the gf after leo6929s comparison pics but a bvf came up for sale on m2m so I figured it would just be easier to buy. Waiting for it to come still. Hoping it fits my wrist nicely but afraid it’ll be too big.

Reactions: leo6929

Fernz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/18
Has anyone heard if the GF is First Class or Super Rep worthy?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Has anyone heard if the GF is First Class or Super Rep worthy?

No comparison, and we don’t Know if it Gen replication .

Reactions: Fernz

chad_thunderclock

Horology Curious
14/7/19
> No comparison, and we don’t Know if it Gen replication .

Can you clarify what you mean? Is it no comparison because the blue sapphire crown is a little off?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
No Side by side with Genuine, how we know it’s flawless and super Rep without Gen Sample.

Fernz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/18
Been reading through comments but can’t find a lot on the rotor noise. Can anyone that owns one of these comment on the loudness of the miyota? I know these are notoriously loud wondering if the case on the Santos dampens the noise.

goodjack

Horology Curious
2/2/17
Been reading through comments but can’t find a lot on the rotor noise. Can anyone that owns one of these comment on the loudness of the miyota? I know these are notoriously loud wondering if the case on the Santos dampens the noise.

No dampening whatsoever on mine.

Sure, if you shake it like a rattle it sounds like a miyota. But on the wrist in normal wear in typical ambient sound I don't see it as a problem or distraction.

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17

It is noisy but bearable noticeable... I’ve got noisier Miyotas

philipbe8

Horology Curious
12/9/09
So my GF version arrived from Sead and if you look at the bezel from a slight angle it appears that there are scratches on it. Is this normal ?!

These were not on the QC pics as the lighting did not pick these up.

Also, does anyone know how long the Miyota movement holds charge for? I took it off at 11pm and I went to wear the watch at 7am and I had to reset the time!

IMG-0508.jpg

RZ0FBvNIXm-GijWuC1ZFiUmnFvd60ZOOaufBKB4V-I9aJJBRtmtLuZCX3qpkK1ofku69Vx38i1L-gfT6LANI8d0kjzXs4fNtD5Pq=w1920-h962

Last edited:

rvillarreal89

Known Member
4/9/17
So my GF version arrived from Sead and if you look at the bezel from a slight angle it appears that there are scratches on it. Is this normal ?!

These were not on the QC pics as the lighting did not pick these up.

Also, does anyone know how long the Miyota movement holds charge for? I took it off at 11pm and I went to wear the watch at 7am and I had to reset the time!

IMG-0508.jpg

RZ0FBvNIXm-GijWuC1ZFiUmnFvd60ZOOaufBKB4V-I9aJJBRtmtLuZCX3qpkK1ofku69Vx38i1L-gfT6LANI8d0kjzXs4fNtD5Pq=w1920-h962

How is the overall quality apart from the scratches? Bracelet and finishing?

philipbe8

Horology Curious
12/9/09
How is the overall quality apart from the scratches? Bracelet and finishing?

Really good! The quality of the overall watch including bracelet is gen like. I tired on the gen in the store and for me the difference is minimal if not the same. It has a nice weight to it too and feels really comfortable on the wrist.

Emailed Sead and he said to use Cape Cod to remove the scratches but still disappointing for a new watch upon arrival.