• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Received the GF some days ago. It is closer to gen than the BVF. Gen strap also fits, but takes some effort to put on and to remove. Rep strap included did NOT fit. At all. Go figure.

be9fc07c07df55d8bee0d97aab2697ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Received the GF some days ago. It is closer to gen than the BVF. Gen strap also fits, but takes some effort to put on and to remove. Rep strap included did NOT fit. At all. Go figure.

be9fc07c07df55d8bee0d97aab2697ef.jpg

I own the gen and I entirely disagree. BVF is closer to the darker blue of gen as seen in video below.....

https://youtu.be/AKA5iCXj8g0

GF is far too light however there does seem to potentially be two dial variations from Chrono24

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I own the gen and I entirely disagree. BVF is closer to the darker blue of gen as seen in video below.....

https://youtu.be/AKA5iCXj8g0

GF is far too light however there does seem to potentially be two dial variations from Chrono24

Sorry to disagree mate, but you have that mixed up. I own both the BVF and GF. the BVF is a lighter blue and the GF a darker blue and closer to gen, in my view. I will upload comparative pics on weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Razorig2 and Pope

rvillarreal89

Known Member
4/9/17
Sorry to disagree mate, but you have that mixed up. I own both the BVF and GF. the BVF is a lighter blue and the GF a darker blue and closer to gen, in my view. I will upload comparative pics on weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Is this the same for white dial?

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
PlastikMan JiHo @Scottymagic
Guys would you be able to post some more 35mm pics? I think the thread still needs some more info about the santos in mid size. How do you like the KOR version? Would you recommend it? A little review would be really helpful for who hasn't pulled the trigger yet.
I would really appreciate if you can do something.
Thanks in advance

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
PlastikMan JiHo @Scottymagic
Guys would you be able to post some more 35mm pics? I think the thread still needs some more info about the santos in mid size. How do you like the KOR version? Would you recommend it? A little review would be really helpful for who hasn't pulled the trigger yet.
I would really appreciate if you can do something.
Thanks in advance

I don’t have the means to compare my GF vs a gen but I’ll post some close up pictures. The watch feels incredible on the wrist and it is quite something that the factories were able to replicate the quick link remover and bracelet swap Santos launched last year.

chrlsndnt

Horology Curious
8/9/17
I don’t have the means to compare my GF vs a gen but I’ll post some close up pictures. The watch feels incredible on the wrist and it is quite something that the factories were able to replicate the quick link remover and bracelet swap Santos launched last year.

Thanks Sir! It would be awesome if you could make a few close up photos of the crystal bevel as GF’s one seems visibly wider than the gen’s

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Thanks a lot sir!! That's all I was asking for and appreciate you could do that, I just wanted to get some comments, feels and pics from who bought the medium version

philipbe8

Horology Curious
12/9/09
I'm going to pull the trigger on the GF mid size.

Before I do though, does anyone know if the Gen straps will fit the the GF version?

powman

Horology Curious
5/2/19

Before I do though, does anyone know if the Gen straps will fit the the GF version?

Someone bought a gen strap and it fit, not sure if its GF though

Been using GF 35mm for 3 months and enjoying every bit of it. Sad that Zic Zac leather doesn't have the correct Santos insert available. They were kind enough to refund me and the cost of return too. Please drop me a PM if anyone knows any value for money strap makers!

philipbe8

Horology Curious
12/9/09
dexterj thanks for the pic its looks really good!

I want to get an gen alligator strap for the 35mm. Anyone own the GF 35mm with a gen strap?

watchnerd23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/19

I thought I was dead set on the 35mm too. I have small wrists 6.5”. Went to the Cartier store and tried them both on. The 35mm felt so tiny even on my small wrists. The 40mm which I thought would be huge actually looked great.

Reactions: antoniomc27

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
I thought I was dead set on the 35mm too. I have small wrists 6.5”. Went to the Cartier store and tried them both on. The 35mm felt so tiny even on my small wrists. The 40mm which I thought would be huge actually looked great.

Same for me actually but still went with the 35zzz think smaller watches are back

Reactions: antoniomc27

goodjack

Horology Curious
2/2/17
This is GF on a gen strap

681a23cf9c8a70467c5cc4d62d6cf26c.jpg
9015f32b9810c7d546177ad68c3232ed.jpg

It's gorgeous! If I may ask, what size wrist do you have?

I also tried on the 2 sizes at an AD and found that the leather strap on the 39 mm flared away from my wrist because of the way the strap connects to the watch while the bracelet was quite accommodating on my 6.4 inch wrist. The AD assured me that the leather strap would eventually conform to my wrist but I still decided to go with the smaller GF version which I'm really happy with.

Reactions: leo6929