• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
So sad for me because I don't have Tapatalk, and can't open the link to see the clear victor.:(

But surely you can go one directory up and find it there in the Cartier subforum.... can’t be that hard even on tapa.

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
I can say now easily bvf the winner in battle Doooone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few members have already said that BVF feels a better rep than V6, KOR or GF.

It it is really good for the rep game to see a new factory enter the market with such a bang!

Last edited:

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17

It it is really good for the rep game to see a new factory enter the market with such a bang!

Now that I’ve ordered a GF... the never ending rep game... but yes, I agree that it is good to have other factories coming up with better

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
Now that I’ve ordered a GF... the never ending rep game... but yes, I agree that it is good to have other factories coming up with better

BVF is almost 20% more expensive than GF, that is a big price difference. GF is a superb rep and also comes with a free leather strap, which should you decide, you could use to send to one of our strap makers and make a really nice custom strap.

I personally feel GF offers great value for money and if you still want to try the BVF there is the marketplace. Can’t see the GF staying there for long if it is reasonably priced.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

If no Side by side how can I know closer one to Gen ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goodjack

Horology Curious
2/2/17
But surely you can go one directory up and find it there in the Cartier subforum.... can’t be that hard even on tapa.

I'm a little slow. Thanks for the direction. Great copy but the BVF date wheel color is noticeably off from the original.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
V6F two tones Wrong stamp on Bezel Side Olso YG not Correct.
Gen
2f42890a1d53b27cf3a8e809c4d2826c.jpg
V6
9989a88fa7f28e853ab1436409669cfd.jpg

deju

Known Member
Supporter
15/11/12
V6F two tones Wrong stamp on Bezel Side Olso YG not Correct.
Gen
2f42890a1d53b27cf3a8e809c4d2826c.jpg
V6
9989a88fa7f28e853ab1436409669cfd.jpg

Yeah this looks embossed rather than laser etched. I would prefer to not have it.

Im looking into finding someone that will laser etch the markings onto the bezel just now for the BVF

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
My GF arrived and it is a beauty! The Cristal is smudged on the edges... I thought it was the markers reflection during the QC but it is actually smudged...barely noticeable but bear in mind if you see this in yours.

Reactions: stoyania

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
leo6929 where did you purchase the gen strap?

We we don’t have a boutique in Scotland as fare as I’m aware :(

IF you are in the UK ( Scotland ) you can order a genuine strap from Cartier UK using the strap configurator ! Calf straps are £220 , Alligator £330 . They no longer ask for serial numbers etc .Just pop it in your basket and pay.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
4c0177c3ccd01815ffad52ab37a2365d.jpg

Croc strap with quick-switch just arrived... now I just need the watch!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

super. trying to decide what version to order. Will be ordering the same strap as soon as i get the watch .

watchnerd23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/19
Just received my GF 35mm from the TD. Got it under 2 weeks, I'm guessing it's selling like hotcakes now and the suppliers are primed for it. QC showed + - 3s/day which I am taking with a pinch of salt lol, Gen Rolex is +-2s/day.

Some comments/opinions on the 35mm GF :
  1. Lack of date means no need to worry about the quality/functionality of another complication
  2. Dial details are fantastic and due to the simplicity of the dial I didn't have to QC very hard
  3. Quickswitch works fine but requires you to do a little left right nudging, comparing it to the way I saw a Cartier spokeperson handle it on a youtube video it seems the gen is not silky smooth either, after all it is steel on steel.
  4. The noise. People are absolutely nitpicking, only when you move violently does the movement produce sounds, audible sounds mind you. If that is day in day out for you, please go for a medical checkup.
  5. The blue (painted) hands really shine under sunlight, only time will tell if it will deteriorate.
  6. The dial is a little off white, under the sun it is quite markedly white. I realise on photos and even my own phone it is very white in pictures under the same setting where I see it as 'off white' which makes me suspect the off whitedness is not a flaw (?).
  7. Never had a steel bracelet watch but tinkering with the sizing, it feels very comfortable for someone accustomed to calfskin straps.
  8. The pins on the links work fine and have a little friction when moving, but with a one time adjustment this shouldn't be a concern.
  9. All in all at 35mm you will be hard pressed to find glaring flaws, the size only accentuates the watch because our eyes fill in the details. The highly magnified macro shots you see serve to highlight the craftsmanship, but in real life I was surprised to see how crazy hard it was to see the secret signature even knowing that it was there.
  10. To nitpick, in super macro pictures, it seems like the GF is very slightly unbrushed for the outer casing compared to gen KOR seems to have this down (in pictures at least)
Unrelated to rep quality:
  • Bit of a learning curve using a single deployant clasp for the leather
  • As someone who prefers 'silent luxury' 35mm on steel fits better than the 40mm due to the perfect proportions without the date (I have tiny wrists <4"and tried the 40mm gen it just felt bulky)
  • Leather straps seem to enlarge the 35mm to a 38mm visually like some reviews say
Will post photos once my custom strap comes in. Hope this helps people sitting on the fence.

how is the look of the leather strap from GF? I know its not going to be as quality as the gen, but does it look the same?

watchnerd23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/19
My GF arrived and it is a beauty! The Cristal is smudged on the edges... I thought it was the markers reflection during the QC but it is actually smudged...barely noticeable but bear in mind if you see this in yours.

are you talking about to the right of the IIII oclock marker and to the left of the screw under the crown?