• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
Kor:

60a694c54b4357d6cf8852b531d9ed74.jpg

a481e835dee58602240584406b6a14e8.jpg

c48841513ee8256237279d648a289124.jpg

knick1721

Horology Curious
25/4/19
Does anyone of your Santos make a lot of noise ? I’ve got the 40mm GF model and the Miyota seems to be running quite loud.
Thanks guys

hm11esh

4/9/18
whats the overall consensus on the 40mm with bracelet. which is closest to gen?

Gf
BVF
KOR
V6F

too many factories and now I'm confused

Reactions: timmywatch

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
I think all are very good. The V6F had a thick glass but apart from that it was on par with all the rest.
As far as 40mm versions go I think GF offers best value for money as it comes with a strap and a bracelet. The GF 35 version had some printing issues on the dial but again that might be fixed by now.

Reactions: vcappp

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
whats the overall consensus on the 40mm with bracelet. which is closest to gen?

Gf
BVF
KOR
V6F

too many factories and now I'm confused
On the Santos thread a guy that had KOR and BVF, said that the one that has a more gen like feeling and amazing construction is BVF.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

Bentleylover

I'm Pretty Popular
13/3/15
I am looking for a 35 mm santos for missus in leather not fond of bracelet. Unsure which version to pull the trigger or shall I wait if any improvements anytime soon. Would appreciate if cartier guru can guide me. Many thx ????????

knick1721

Horology Curious
25/4/19
Which TD offer a watch servicing option with the Cartier ? Looking to purchase another one for my girlfriend. Wanted to get it serviced before shipping to me tho.
Thanks

hm11esh

4/9/18
On the Santos thread a guy that had KOR and BVF, said that the one that has a more gen like feeling and amazing construction is BVF.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks, BVF it is when I order mine in a months time

powman

Horology Curious
5/2/19
Just received my GF 35mm from the TD. Got it under 2 weeks, I'm guessing it's selling like hotcakes now and the suppliers are primed for it. QC showed + - 3s/day which I am taking with a pinch of salt lol, Gen Rolex is +-2s/day.

Some comments/opinions on the 35mm GF :
  1. Lack of date means no need to worry about the quality/functionality of another complication
  2. Dial details are fantastic and due to the simplicity of the dial I didn't have to QC very hard
  3. Quickswitch works fine but requires you to do a little left right nudging, comparing it to the way I saw a Cartier spokeperson handle it on a youtube video it seems the gen is not silky smooth either, after all it is steel on steel.
  4. The noise. People are absolutely nitpicking, only when you move violently does the movement produce sounds, audible sounds mind you. If that is day in day out for you, please go for a medical checkup.
  5. The blue (painted) hands really shine under sunlight, only time will tell if it will deteriorate.
  6. The dial is a little off white, under the sun it is quite markedly white. I realise on photos and even my own phone it is very white in pictures under the same setting where I see it as 'off white' which makes me suspect the off whitedness is not a flaw (?).
  7. Never had a steel bracelet watch but tinkering with the sizing, it feels very comfortable for someone accustomed to calfskin straps.
  8. The pins on the links work fine and have a little friction when moving, but with a one time adjustment this shouldn't be a concern.
  9. All in all at 35mm you will be hard pressed to find glaring flaws, the size only accentuates the watch because our eyes fill in the details. The highly magnified macro shots you see serve to highlight the craftsmanship, but in real life I was surprised to see how crazy hard it was to see the secret signature even knowing that it was there.
  10. To nitpick, in super macro pictures, it seems like the GF is very slightly unbrushed for the outer casing compared to gen KOR seems to have this down (in pictures at least)
Unrelated to rep quality:
  • Bit of a learning curve using a single deployant clasp for the leather
  • As someone who prefers 'silent luxury' 35mm on steel fits better than the 40mm due to the perfect proportions without the date (I have tiny wrists <4"and tried the 40mm gen it just felt bulky)
  • Leather straps seem to enlarge the 35mm to a 38mm visually like some reviews say
Will post photos once my custom strap comes in. Hope this helps people sitting on the fence.

Last edited: