• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

deju

Known Member
Supporter
15/11/12
I think that’s a BV factory. Never heard of them but they look to have some nice versions of the santos..

trusty time one sells them for $468.

http://www.trustytime.club/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=21_163

thinking about grabbing the two tone SS/YG version

BVF are one of the factories in the running on this. I'm keen on a SS/YG too.

Quick comparison

43f60c65ddc14bd6a5ccdf0ad524fd06.jpg

Gen
40 x 9 mm

All reps come with miyota 9015 and quick end link change system

KOR $468
V6F $398
GF $398
BVF $468

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
This picture shows the GF watch size 40mm “including the crown guard” too.

Isn’t it weird? Is it correct as same as genuine?

114653e2414696ee939618d1c5492ec7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
This picture shows the GF watch size 40mm “including the crown guard” too.

Isn’t it weird? Is it correct as same as genuine?

114653e2414696ee939618d1c5492ec7.jpg

No worries. The gen crown sits low in the case and is not perfectly aligned with the crown guards, kind of like the crown on a gen AP Offshore Chrono. The reps seem to have done a good job duplicating this.

Also, for those of you that were concerned about the dark blue cabochon, Cartier uses blue spinel (not sapphire) in its steel watches (it uses sapphire in its precious metal watches). Their blue spinel usually has a very dark shade to it, similar to this:

Blue Spinel The Rarest Of Them All

Most of the cartier reps use cabochons that are too light in color--mimicking the cornflower blue of the sapphire cabochons. Having handled the gen 2018 Santos a bunch of times, everyone I saw had a dark blue spinel cabochon when viewed under indoor, jewelry store lighting. It's the same type of cabochon I had in my old franken Santos 100 XL--that I foolishly sold--which had a gen crown. It appears lighter in natural lighting at times, but usually it's an inky dark blue like the picture above.

Reactions: vcappp and phdsjain

bose2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/3/19
Can't wait for the medium two toned (YG). Hopefully it's coming soon.

R3w1nd

Renowned Member
29/8/17
UK
I have a gen 38 pasha and can confirm it is a sapphire. Don’t see why they would use spinels in different lines.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
No worries. The gen crown sits low in the case and is not perfectly aligned with the crown guards, kind of like the crown on a gen AP Offshore Chrono. The reps seem to have done a good job duplicating this.

Also, for those of you that were concerned about the dark blue cabochon, Cartier uses blue spinel (not sapphire) in its steel watches (it uses sapphire in its precious metal watches). Their blue spinel usually has a very dark shade to it, similar to this:

Blue Spinel The Rarest Of Them All

Most of the cartier reps use cabochons that are too light in color--mimicking the cornflower blue of the sapphire cabochons. Having handled the gen 2018 Santos a bunch of times, everyone I saw had a dark blue spinel cabochon when viewed under indoor, jewelry store lighting. It's the same type of cabochon I had in my old franken Santos 100 XL--that I foolishly sold--which had a gen crown. It appears lighter in natural lighting at times, but usually it's an inky dark blue like the picture above.

thanks for your response, but I am talking about the size of the case.

The caliper measurement shows that the size is 40mm but this 40mm includes the crown guard too on the picture below. Is it same size as genuine?

Usually when people talking about the watch size, it means the size without including the crown guard.

This picture below shows GF Cartier Santos 40mm. However, strangely the size 40mm “includes” the crown guard too.

b21d4949d8396d1c2e35050e07521ea4.jpg

Reactions: Nivka

powman

Horology Curious
5/2/19
Saw someone with 2 Gens wearing them with the plastic cover still on. Which actually.....feels quite avant garde I must say haha. Now question is, where can we get these covers! Went to an AD and they were in these while they let you try.

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Lol, that's ridiculous. Wearing a watch with plastic. As soon as I get my watches, gen or reps I enjoy peeling them and obviously take care they don't scratch. If they do I get pissed for 5 minutes and then admire the character that scratch gave the watch. It means you enjoy it. That's my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I tried the blue at the airport today. The rep looks quite a bit more purplish then the original

I thought I would love it, but the silver roman indices are very shiny and to my eyes quite hard to read as quite reflective.

I'll stick with the black on white dial. Now which one... ;-)

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I tried the blue at the airport today. The rep looks quite a bit more purplish then the original

I thought I would love it, but the silver roman indices are very shiny and to my eyes quite hard to read as quite reflective.

I'll stick with the black on white dial. Now which one... ;-)

Forget Blue Dial in Reps ...

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Well, all things said and done, I need that blue dial, and I'm gonna git if for me

Reactions: tkingjr

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Saw someone with 2 Gens wearing them with the plastic cover still on. Which actually.....feels quite avant garde I must say haha. Now question is, where can we get these covers! Went to an AD and they were in these while they let you try.

?????? :picard2::D:D

Reactions: leo6929

encore1127

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/17
For the Santos with date, (not the 35mm version) have we reached a place where we can say which is the best in terms of dial, screws, finish etc? KOR date is just annoying to me as it is off. But I cant seem to judge the BVF vs GF vs V6F.
Can you guys help come to a conclusion on what is currently out there for this rep because I really want it.