• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
Any news on the V6 with bracelet?

I want the biggest size and I have 6.75 inch wrists.

It's a good fit as I have tried on the gen but I do have flat wrists

V6F Large on bracelet has already been out since last year iirc. folks are just waiting for the medium V6F on bracelet.

hm11esh

4/9/18
Sorry that was a typo. I'm waiting for V2 as I'm not keen on the dial colour and the beveled edge of the crystal. Read it in this thread that it's not as accurate as gen

Reactions: vcappp

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
After looking at pics of the new KOR v2 and the videos of GF (large and midsize) - I don't think that the bevelling of the crystal is a big problem, for me the bracelet screws seem to be too deep and the wrong shape. They should be flat and flush albeit some of GF's screws seem ok, more a consistency issue.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
After looking at pics of the new KOR v2 and the videos of GF (large and midsize) - I don't think that the bevelling of the crystal is a big problem, for me the bracelet screws seem to be too deep and the wrong shape. They should be flat and flush albeit some of GF's screws seem ok, more a consistency issue.

Waiting GF comparison..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.

bracelet screws seem incorrect on which version?

I just put in the order for a KOR V2 - here are my pics:

Stoked to see it in person, will update on how the sizing feels compared to my Submariner and maybe a PAM111 for reference.

JoseMMP

Horology Curious
18/12/18
bracelet screws seem incorrect on which version?

I just put in the order for a KOR V2 - here are my pics:

Stoked to see it in person, will update on how the sizing feels compared to my Submariner and maybe a PAM111 for reference.

Is amazing. I planned to buy the GF version but after see your pics of KORV2 I change my mind jeje

Engelmatch

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
6/12/18
The QC pics of the KOR are great, really hesitating between GF and KOR, KOR planned to do the steel mod size right ?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
There seems to be a gap between the bracelet and case in the KOR which seems a little too big when compared to gen. Also from TD pics the quick link pins look sloppy as not flush with case. Considering GF is a lot cheaper - I think that's the way I'll go. Just my 2 cents

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Crown guards don't look too good on the GF but it may be the crown is slightly off. Each watch seems to have it's pros/cons.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
I can't unsee the screws on the KOR version.
Waiting on GF vs Gen comparison especially for the color of the crown gemstone.

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Wow, lots of 2018 Santos reps hitting the market. Unfortunately, none of them are really in ready to be labeled super reps yet. The GF version seems pretty nice. The crystal seems decent from the pictures and it does the best job matching the right color of the blue spinnel used in the cabochon (the Kor, BVF and V6F use a stone that too light of a color--more like a corflower sapphire). The bracelet and screws look ok on the GF, but the engravings look a bit weak in the pictures. A little too thick on the bracelet and not deep enough. Also the serial number is a little too thin and shallow on the caseback. The V6F and Kor do a better job here. I would need to see some better pictures though to confirm. The most significant issue with the GF--at least in the pictures and video posted to puretime--is the lower quality print work on the dial. You can see some places where ink (or whatever they use for the printing) missed a spot or ran a little bit. It probably isn't noticeable outside of macro-photos, but it's not close to the level of the gen. The Kor and V6F do a better job with getting the print quality correct. I can't speak about the font without studying the gen a bit more, but they all seem reasonably close to the gen (Cartier font isn't as hard to nail down as Rolex font, so this shouldn't be a huge surprise). None of them are doing a great job on the hands as far as I can tell. All of them are using painted hands, versus heat blued hands used on the gen. Moreover, if you look closely at the pictures on puretime's site, you can see there are paint dots or other remnants along the sides of the hands---particularly the hour hand. You won't see that on gen cartier. These aren't necessarily glaring tells, but show where there could be some improvement in quality on these reps. They get the big things right, but skip some of the finer details. Not bad though for reps under $500.00. I want to see more pictures of the GF---hopefully someone here can post some QC pictures so we can get a better look.

JoseMMP

Horology Curious
18/12/18
Wow, lots of 2018 Santos reps hitting the market. Unfortunately, none of them are really in ready to be labeled super reps yet. The GF version seems pretty nice. The crystal seems decent from the pictures and it does the best job matching the right color of the blue spinnel used in the cabochon (the Kor, BVF and V6F use a stone that too light of a color--more like a corflower sapphire). The bracelet and screws look ok on the GF, but the engravings look a bit weak in the pictures. A little too thick on the bracelet and not deep enough. Also the serial number is a little too thin and shallow on the caseback. The V6F and Kor do a better job here. I would need to see some better pictures though to confirm. The most significant issue with the GF--at least in the pictures and video posted to puretime--is the lower quality print work on the dial. You can see some places where ink (or whatever they use for the printing) missed a spot or ran a little bit. It probably isn't noticeable outside of macro-photos, but it's not close to the level of the gen. The Kor and V6F do a better job with getting the print quality correct. I can't speak about the font without studying the gen a bit more, but they all seem reasonably close to the gen (Cartier font isn't as hard to nail down as Rolex font, so this shouldn't be a huge surprise). None of them are doing a great job on the hands as far as I can tell. All of them are using painted hands, versus heat blued hands used on the gen. Moreover, if you look closely at the pictures on puretime's site, you can see there are paint dots or other remnants along the sides of the hands---particularly the hour hand. You won't see that on gen cartier. These aren't necessarily glaring tells, but show where there could be some improvement in quality on these reps. They get the big things right, but skip some of the finer details. Not bad though for reps under $500.00. I want to see more pictures of the GF---hopefully someone here can post some QC pictures so we can get a better look.

Thanks a lot for sharing your expertise impressions. That help a lot new rep buyers as me. What do you think about the BVF version? Is the only one that produces also the santos on red gold...but I worry is the worse because nobody seems taking that into consideration.

Reactions: powman

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
engravings that'd be invisible on the wrist are the least of my worries but upon further inspection i still think the screw depth and overall finish is an issue on the bracelet of the GF mid-size.

theres no harm in waiting so ill hold out until V6F and potentially KOR release their mid-sized's on bracelets. i havent seen any mention of KOR working on the mid-sized bracelet though; anyone know if they are?

im still amazed that they managed to copy the quickrelease and smartlink mechanisms on these. would love to see how sturdy and secure the bracelets are on these reps.

Reactions: TheGoodGoodLife

jmm722

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
30/9/14
Ordered the GF. I am going to buy the gen, but I wanted to try both sizes before I commit to the real thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk