• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

Bendori

2/5/16
Wonder if we'll ever see these repped:

r71hX.jpg

That’s one button chrono..impossible..

Sent from the RWI App

jamsie

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
CONUS
I spent sometime watching the comparison video between V6F & KOR. While not understanding what was being spoken, the visual side by side was helpful. My take away is neither maker nailed the GEN’s thickness at 9.08 (V6F was thinner at 9.3 while KOR was 9.5) the V6F nailed the width at 39.8 spot on and the Kor was 39.9. The sapphire bevels are better on the Kor and I feel much closer to GEN, little too thick on the V6F. As far as dial colors go, the Kor appeared a more stark white and the V6F in some light was yellow or champagne then stark Whire. What I noticed was the Kor never changed. When looking at Gen Cartier dials they are actually white & a sheen of silver. I have the V6F on my wrist and it shifts from stark white to a silver so I’m unsure if Kor got the dial correct? As far as dial & date fonts I would require a GEN in my hands. The V6F has centered crisp dates 1-31. Lastly has anyone compared the CG’s? The Kor’s are too thin when compared to GEN when holding the watch on its side crown up and looking down. Here is the video again for those just jumping to the end of this thread.

https://m.v.qq.com/play.html?&vid=i.../forum/cartier/7083469-2018-new-santos/page35

Reactions: paulvillo and Pope

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
I spent sometime watching the comparison video between V6F & KOR. While not understanding what was being spoken, the visual side by side was helpful. My take away is neither maker nailed the GEN’s thickness at 9.08 (V6F was thinner at 9.3 while KOR was 9.5) the V6F nailed the width at 39.8 spot on and the Kor was 39.9. The sapphire bevels are better on the Kor and I feel much closer to GEN, little too thick on the V6F. As far as dial colors go, the Kor appeared a more stark white and the V6F in some light was yellow or champagne then stark Whire. What I noticed was the Kor never changed. When looking at Gen Cartier dials they are actually white & a sheen of silver. I have the V6F on my wrist and it shifts from stark white to a silver so I’m unsure if Kor got the dial correct? As far as dial & date fonts I would require a GEN in my hands. The V6F has centered crisp dates 1-31. Lastly has anyone compared the CG’s? The Kor’s are too thin when compared to GEN when holding the watch on its side crown up and looking down. Here is the video again for those just jumping to the end of this thread.

https://m.v.qq.com/play.html?&vid=i.../forum/cartier/7083469-2018-new-santos/page35

I can tell you that in the KOR the dial is not completely white. At some angles it looks silverish. Compared at AD (not side by side but almost) and the dial on the KOR looks spot on. If you have the V6F already, could you share some pics?

Reactions: vcappp and jamsie

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
LOOKS sharp! On the wrist it appears GEN as can be... Thoughts on the REP strap? and having a strap on this one in general Vs. the bracelet?

I can tell you the rep strap is better than the bracelet, as the bracelet could be better in my opinion. Overall, I'm very happy with the KOR. It´s almost as having a gen. Drawbacks? Only one for me: the loud miyota.

Reactions: vcappp and jamsie

jamsie

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
CONUS
Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18

jamsie

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
CONUS
Thanks for the link but it does not work on mobile app. By the way, could you please simply answer for the original question about the V6F dial? Is the V6F dial completely white? or almost white with some silver color at some viewing angles like gen? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try another instance, desktop (your laptop) or open RWI in a web browser and try the link there. I have the V6F and it is a white dial, out in natural light it's white...in case anyone missed it, it's white...though with indoor lighting it does have a yellow tint or when looked at closely, there is a silver hue and I would need a GEN, a KOR & V6F side by side to compare what is best.

Reactions: drmckenn

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Try another instance, desktop (your laptop) or open RWI in a web browser and try the link there. I have the V6F and it is a white dial, out in natural light it's white...in case anyone missed it, it's white...though with indoor lighting it does have a yellow tint or when looked at closely, there is a silver hue and I would need a GEN, a KOR & V6F side by side to compare what is best.

Link straight up doesn't work - desktop here.

jamsie

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
CONUS
Weird... it’s on our forum here, just go over to the Supporters’ Haven and select M2M Sales it’s the second one down.

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
You are not a supporter thus you won't see and access the Supporter M2M section.

jmm722

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
30/9/14
Is this the only version of a Santos currently available? I was looking for the Santos 100 XL V6F but no TD can source it thus far.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jamsie

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
CONUS
Is this the only version of a Santos currently available? I was looking for the Santos 100 XL V6F but no TD can source it thus far.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Looks like Puretime has them.... puretime.io

doralamer78

Horology Curious
3/1/19

You must be one of the few who got the V6F. Wld also be great if you told us if you had the bracelet version. Also take some pictures! !