• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Can anyone confirm that the oem dials will fit any of the rep models.

There are a number in eBay for sale and not expensive, even the blue which is hard to get right should be a nice upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JT888

17/6/15
Canada
You guys go for the 35 or the XL…. Can’t decide as it must stay elegant. My wrist is 7 inches and I am considering the 3KF rose gold on strap

Any feedbacks?

I also have 7 inch wrists and figure I could get away with the 40 mm without it being overpowering on the wrist. Interestingly, on the the Cartier site, for every version of the 35 mm Santos de Cartier, it is worn by a women; whereas, it's a man in the pictures of the 40 mm versions. It seems as though Cartier is marketing the 35 mm size as the ladies size in this sports watch and the 40 mm as the mens. Since it's a sports watch, I suppose there's more leeway in terms of it appearing too large. It would be nice to try both on, but I'm very far from a Cartier Dealer. I have a Monaco, which is about the same dimensions as the Santos, but much thicker and I love the way that watch looks on my wrist.

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I also have 7 inch wrists and figure I could get away with the 40 mm without it being overpowering on the wrist. Interestingly, on the the Cartier site, for every version of the 35 mm Santos de Cartier, it is worn by a women; whereas, it's a man in the pictures of the 40 mm versions. It seems as though Cartier is marketing the 35 mm size as the ladies size in this sports watch and the 40 mm as the mens. Since it's a sports watch, I suppose there's more leeway in terms of it appearing too large. It would be nice to try both on, but I'm very far from a Cartier Dealer. I have a Monaco, which is about the same dimensions as the Santos, but much thicker and I love the way that watch looks on my wrist.

Interesting, thank you for take the time to give me your view, appreciated.

I m going to have a look next week at the boutique. Will take some pictures and report back, but I m pretty sure the 35 is too small for us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JT888

ziggycharly

17/6/17
It’s personal preference.

I really don’t like the look of the XL. It looks silly.

In fact I prefer the vintage 29mm to the XL

King22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/18
Just ordered the 3KF 40mm Santos. Will post the QCs here if interested

mister_mayhem

9/9/21
Greetings!
Here is my GF Santos 35mm.
I'm very happy with the overall quality of the watch.
The only flaw is the quality of the bracelet. Some of the screws are not even (some are recessed and some are crooked).
I'm thinking of giving the bracelet to a jeweller in order to try and fix that issue.
Does anyone has experience fixing such an issue?
Thank you in advance! :)

Reactions: StephanosKostak

wachnoob007

28/9/17
Greetings!
Here is my GF Santos 35mm.
I'm very happy with the overall quality of the watch.
The only flaw is the quality of the bracelet. Some of the screws are not even (some are recessed and some are crooked).
I'm thinking of giving the bracelet to a jeweller in order to try and fix that issue.
Does anyone has experience fixing such an issue?
Thank you in advance! :)

Looks great aside from your bracelet quality compliant, may I ask your wrist size?

JT888

17/6/15
Canada
Hey All, just wondering if anyone had received a 3KF yet? In the pics, it looks great! However, until someone has one in hand it's difficult to know; especially, in regards to the bracelet feel.

Reactions: Camblin

SKnight

8/7/19
Hey All, just wondering if anyone had received a 3KF yet? In the pics, it looks great! However, until someone has one in hand it's difficult to know; especially, in regards to the bracelet feel.

Second this!

JT888

17/6/15
Canada
OK, so I thought I'd ask my go to TD who they believed to have the better version of the 2018 Santos de Cartier 40 mm in stainless steel at the moment, GK or 3KF. They responded, "we recommend the GK V2." I can't wait any longer for member consensus on the 3KF lol, so I'm going with the GK V2.

Last edited:
Reactions: SKnight

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
After 60 days my rep belts arrived including one by Cartier, now I can go out and be Mr Santos :thumbsup:

jtN6Xk.jpg

Before you ask, it was about £50 plus shipping from a seller on fashion reps.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

I will order it and cancel my current order but need to send more cash..

Reactions: JT888

shaxx100

Horology Curious
16/12/21

Got my 3kf QC today. Green Lit it. I have no clue of QC and reps. The R might be floating a bit to the right? Whatever. Hope time flies until delivery. :)

Rearview

Horology Curious
25/7/21
Also very curious on the bracelet quality on the 3KF.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

cole2222

Horology Curious
24/12/21

If this is really GF it's a shame that they left such an obvious (and easily fixable) tell in the rep.

At 3:11 you can see that the back/short end of the seconds hand is completely flat in the gen while it's quote rounded in the rep. Can't unsee it now...

EDIT: Upon further inspection the men's 35mm appears to be the only model with this considerable flaw. 40mm and women's 35mm are flat from both GF and BVS (according to pics on mirotime's page)

Last edited:

cole2222

Horology Curious
24/12/21
If this is really GF it's a shame that they left such an obvious (and easily fixable) tell in the rep.

At 3:11 you can see that the back/short end of the seconds hand is completely flat in the gen while it's quote rounded in the rep. Can't unsee it now...

EDIT: Upon further inspection the men's 35mm appears to be the only model with this considerable flaw. 40mm and women's 35mm are flat from both GF and BVS (according to pics on mirotime's page)

^^WRONG LINK SORRY - GF vs genuine 35 MM https://m.youku.com/alipay_video/id_...kuUgc_2.dtitle