• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
I got this GF version. I'm very pleased with with watch overall. Later I got original dial from ebay for around, but I don't see any real difference between them, which got me to think I got rep dial from ebay.
Would you be able to post some pictures comparing the two dials ? Thanks

George0111

Horology Curious
20/12/23
Does anyone know where or who I can purchase a rubber strap from? I've been looking at getting a grey Santos but I like both the bracelet and rubber strap. Thanks

jz001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/18
From photos I have seen seems to me like GF, V6F do not have proper lumination right? the hands are slightly luminated but not the numbers?

I just placed an order and starting to regret it now as I had not thought abou the lumination prior. Hopefully Im misaken, otherwise would getting a gen dial resolve this?

Thanks

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia

Here it is. Now when I look it on big picture it is much better dial.

This is the gen dial I just got and it is so much better than stock. You may also want to look into replacing the DW as the stock DW for this model is so wrong.

Reactions: LeBron

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
This is the gen dial I just got and it is so much better than stock. You may also want to look into replacing the DW as the stock DW for this model is so wrong.

You can not install a gen date wheel on a Miyota, different movements obviously. But you may want to make an inquiry with @etashazam for that ;)

JohnnyBlack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
9/9/22

How much did you paid for gen dial? I bought mine on ebay for around 150) with customs.

Buythedip

Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
Here and there, but more there
so any TD carry 35mm green dial?
I’m not sure.
But I went to see the 35mm “green” santos in gen. And it’s so dark!! Granted I was in a shop and not outside in natural sunlight, but the lighting in these places are geared towards making watch dials pop, and still on 90% of the angles it appeared a dark grey / black.
When I expressed my views to the retailer, she advised that a lot of people had come in and said the same.

Each to their own of course, but I was so disappointed, it was nothing like the internet pictures which appear like a sunburst green.

But rant over and to my point. The factories are going to have a hard time with this one. Do they model the dial on the internet photo, or do they follow the gen spec which is far darker?

heraclitus7

Horology Curious
18/2/22
Hello to everyone.I got my GF all black L santos with rubber strap and i am very happy(at least for now) with it.It even passed pressure test 10Atm(like the gen)!!I want to buy another one TT with metal bracelet.
1)Does the GF bracelet still has glued screws that they might fall off,or they made them finally screwed-in??( i shower wearing my watch and warm water might loosen the glue)
2)What about gold plate thickness??Is it 5 microns,does anybody know??Again in the shower and with scratches might wear off if its very thin

errorman

Horology Curious
15/4/16
I’m not sure.
But I went to see the 35mm “green” santos in gen. And it’s so dark!! Granted I was in a shop and not outside in natural sunlight, but the lighting in these places are geared towards making watch dials pop, and still on 90% of the angles it appeared a dark grey / black.
When I expressed my views to the retailer, she advised that a lot of people had come in and said the same.

Each to their own of course, but I was so disappointed, it was nothing like the internet pictures which appear like a sunburst green.

But rant over and to my point. The factories are going to have a hard time with this one. Do they model the dial on the internet photo, or do they follow the gen spec which is far darker?
afaik they do get a gen and work on that for making the closer rep. so, when they make 35mm santos green (i hope,fingers crossed) they will either make it too dark or too bright they wont be getting a closer look, trust me on this experience speaking. for all of these reasons ive written down i will change my carti buy to a blue dial or just classic white dial 35mm GF. i do have a small hope of GF v2 or v3 versions they already done it for the gold/champagne colorway but not for black, green, white, blue dial. that is the situation right now. lets see the end of CNY possibly 28 feb. and then mid-end march we will see new v2 versions for the black, green, white, blue.

errorman

Horology Curious
15/4/16
afaik they do get a gen and work on that for making the closer rep. so, when they make 35mm santos green (i hope,fingers crossed) they will either make it too dark or too bright they wont be getting a closer look, trust me on this experience speaking. for all of these reasons ive written down i will change my carti buy to a blue dial or just classic white dial 35mm GF. i do have a small hope of GF v2 or v3 versions they already done it for the gold/champagne colorway but not for black, green, white, blue dial. that is the situation right now. lets see the end of CNY possibly 28 feb. and then mid-end march we will see new v2 versions for the black, green, white, blue.
and then ill get a GEN 40mm green dial if i can source it, gen DW make swap waterproof it at my local watchsmith. then im good to go because if iwont do this i dont feel comfortable lookin at watch:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. all of these prob cost 300-400$ + the watch