• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14
Broke my GF XL bracelet clasp. What is the path of least resistance for acquiring a metal clasp now that GF is shut down? I have seen the unbranded and chronograph (it has two screws rather than a logo) clasps with various sellers. I would prefer branded and am open to replacing the whole bracelet.

xideasx

Horology Curious
1/10/22
The V6F XL on the NWBIG list while a Cartier Santos , is a replica of a different watch to those CURRENTLY being repped by 3KF,GF, BVF, and indeed V6F .It is a replica of the previous generation of the Santos pre 2018 , and is no longer in production .So it has been NOT been improved on ' above and beyond ' , it is still the last best version of that watch , and only available through M2M . The factories you mention rep the new slimmer 2018 ownwards watch .
how do the newer versions compare to the older version that is no longer in production?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
how do the newer versions compare to the older version that is no longer in production?
They're classed as very good replicas and will fool 99% of the 🤡 out there. I think they have been discussed as NWBIG , but as you can see from this thread people have picked them apart as they do with most watches . Not sure what the concensus is now.

Reactions: leo6929

mew

18/12/15
Germany
I think you guys have been converting me after seeing so many nice photos. Now I've been eyeing a medium Santos for the summer and was wondering if the current consensus is still GF in terms of case/bracelet or dial quality?

I saw that Gen dials aren't too expensive so that's a possibility but case and bracelet matters quite a bit for me since I dislike wrong proportions or flimsy bracelets.

ab023

Time Piece Enthousiaste
8/7/23
Any idea what would be the price of an OEM ss bracelet from Cartier assuming you can get one

ZackyMoe

Horology Curious
18/10/22
Any idea what would be the price of an OEM ss bracelet from Cartier assuming you can get one
Iv been looking for a while seeing what pops up from time to time.

You can find a lot of the older model santos and galbees it has different clasps and older Cartier logo.

Iv get to seen a Gen 2018 version santos bracelet pop up but IF they do I would expect it to be alot maybe 800-1200ish would be my guess. But the rep bracelet is actually great, I advise maybe grabbing some extra screws if possible for the bracelet if going to be worn alot as they can fall off.

Reactions: ab023

ZackyMoe

Horology Curious
18/10/22
Can anyone with the 35mm 3kf confirm/deny that the bracelet uses actual screws? Or is it just nubs that are glued in like the GF?
I can’t confirm I know for sure like you said GF is nubs, but fortunately none of my BVF screws/nubs (lol) have fallen out so I’m not sure but I would imagine they are nubs aswell.
I do think the bezel ones a screw that has like a nut or something if I remember reading about a while ago

kobebeef

Looking Around
10/8/22
Hey guys Ive seen that BVF released a 2023 version of the santos 40mm in white, is this batch better when it comes to the problems with the XII?

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14
Hey guys Ive seen that BVF released a 2023 version of the santos 40mm in white, is this batch better when it comes to the problems with the XII?
A gen dial is very cheap. I would get one and have it put in.

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Anybody lost a screw out of their rubber bracelet? Its not an actual screw, but mines fell out and ive lost it. Cant find any info online to replace them and trusty said gf factory has been raided

critical_

Known Member
Certified
14/2/14
Is it confirmed the gen dial will fit the miyota movement? im trying to confirm I can swap a gen dial into my bvf but I haven’t found any definitive info.
My understanding is a modder may need to modify the dial slightly but it will fit.

alfajor

26/6/15
Conus
Can anyone with the 35mm 3kf confirm/deny that the bracelet uses actual screws? Or is it just nubs that are glued in like the GF?
Don't know about the 35mm 3kf but I just lost a nub on my 40mm 3kf bracelet.

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
Bummer, I badly scratched the gold plated bezel on my 3KF 40mm Santos. What are my options ?
A - Live with it, c'est la vie.
B - Polish and risk to remove the gold plating, I suppose it's very thin.
C - Purchase one replacement bezel, or two, or three (if available at a decent price), is it easy to swap ?
D - Find a second hand gen (which will probably have the same scratches...).

I hope someone who had the same problem can point me in the right direction. I've read post about polishing a Santos stainless steel bezel but not the gold plated one.