• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Care to elaborate? I’m interested in the white dial with a blue bezel, but I can’t find anything about the new releases.

You’ll have to do your own digging but, at the top of my head:

• Black dial models have the wrong datewheel font and the dial texturing can be off
  • Gold models can have the wrong DW font depending on factory and, on GF, the bezel screws are too close to the edge
  • Blue dial models have the wrong color (too purple)
The newer GF 40mm with blue bezel and white, striated dial looks excellent to my eyes. The other models tend to have some big flaws but, again, you’ll need to do your own digging for more than that.

starchyyy

Horology Curious
12/1/23
Canada
I have the blue dial/bezel GF and can confirm that the blue is very close to gen, definitely not too purple. That said, off-center dial printing for dates 11-28 or so is driving me mad. Any way we can get some properly printed DWs for an easy swap? Would make this one reallllly close to gen with that little fix

Frank_NRW

24/2/22
France / Germany
I have the 3KF and have no issues. I only wear it as a dress watch but it’s growing on me. The metal strap is a beautiful piece of engineering and blends with the case perfectly. The curved glass is so chic…

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Don't think there's a need for modded DWs with white bezels. It's the other colors that have different DW font in gen where the rep factories seem to have ignored it.

Reactions: leo6929

etashazam

No more watches pls
Supporter
Certified
9/10/16
CONUS
Don't think there's a need for modded DWs with white bezels. It's the other colors that have different DW font in gen where the rep factories seem to have ignored it.
yep,

only the black, grey and blue dial have needs to be mod.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
yep,

only the black, grey and blue dial have needs to be mod.

Always funny how much work and effort is put into the most minute and finest of details, all the while completely obvious shit like the date font is just completely ignored altogether.

Reactions: etashazam

KENNEY

Known Member
24/7/19
Anyone tried to put the genuine steel bracelet on the BVF medium model?

etashazam

No more watches pls
Supporter
Certified
9/10/16
CONUS
Always funny how much work and effort is put into the most minute and finest of details, all the while completely obvious shit like the date font is just completely ignored altogether.
One of the reasons why a rep watch is considered rep is because the details have not been properly handled. Moreover, they need to rush to sell their products and make money.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
XL is on the NWBIG list for V6F, and there have been improvements since then above and beyond that model with 3KF, GF, and BVF tossing their hats into the ring.

The new dials and bezel colors etc., though -- that's a different story.
The V6F XL on the NWBIG list while a Cartier Santos , is a replica of a different watch to those CURRENTLY being repped by 3KF,GF, BVF, and indeed V6F .It is a replica of the previous generation of the Santos pre 2018 , and is no longer in production .So it has been NOT been improved on ' above and beyond ' , it is still the last best version of that watch , and only available through M2M . The factories you mention rep the new slimmer 2018 ownwards watch .

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
One of the reasons why a rep watch is considered rep is because the details have not been properly handled. Moreover, they need to rush to sell their products and make money.
The ONE reason why a rep watch is considered a rep is that it is a FAKE it's that simple .

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21

Well, no, it’s a rep because it replicates a genuine item.

It’s just funny how much effort is put into the finest details while others that are arguably more significant are completely ignored. Then again, there’s a lot of subjectivity on that matter.

zcd

Looking Around
15/3/23
Canada
Can anyone with the 35mm 3kf confirm/deny that the bracelet uses actual screws? Or is it just nubs that are glued in like the GF?