• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

ZackyMoe

Horology Curious
18/10/22
Now with gen dial installed.
This looks amazing! I’m looking to do the same thing. Couldn’t find much info on if the Gen dials would fit or not. I have a SS GF and a YG/SS BVF, which version did you put the gen dial in and what was involved if you don’t mind me asking?
Curious if other parts will fit aswell mainly the crown or crystal

MambaMentality60

8/24
Patron
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
This looks amazing! I’m looking to do the same thing. Couldn’t find much info on if the Gen dials would fit or not. I have a SS GF and a YG/SS BVF, which version did you put the gen dial in and what was involved if you don’t mind me asking?
Curious if other parts will fit aswell mainly the crown or crystal
3kf santos medium. Gen dial had to be shaved all around by a little and feet had to be clipped.

ZackyMoe

Horology Curious
18/10/22
3kf santos medium. Gen dial had to be shaved all around by a little and feet had to be clipped.

Sweet man! Thank you for the reply it looks great.
May I ask where you got the dial?
Have you tried any other Gen parts…. I’m curious if a Gen crown would fit also

Reactions: Richyv

EggsVoL

Known Member
28/8/22
In real life perspective it is nelligible.. you need to have your face and eyes zoomed in on the dial to see that cartier text if not looking at pics
this is my first time for Cartier. would u pls take a close photoshot at that point :D I think 3kf is better than other

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
this is my first time for Cartier. would u pls take a close photoshot at that point :D I think 3kf is better than other
i dont think you understand how tiny that text is. The issue is negligible on the wrist. Think about how small the depth rating text looks in person on dive watches, the cartier text in the 7 numeral is at least like 1/4th the size of that. If youre so concerned about something so small just throw in a genuine dial and call it a day.

Reactions: EggsVoL

MambaMentality60

8/24
Patron
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
i dont think you understand how tiny that text is. The issue is negligible on the wrist. Think about how small the depth rating text looks in person on dive watches, the cartier text in the 7 numeral is at least like 1/4th the size of that. If youre so concerned about something so small just throw in a genuine dial and call it a day.
Yes exactly.

But here you go anyways, 3kf dial @EggsVoL

• Love
Reactions: EggsVoL

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
Does 3kf fit genuine Cartier strap?
Read somewhere that GF does, but not sure about the other factories

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Kind of interested if I can pop off the black bezel on the black on black rubber Cartier XL 40mm and swap it out for the stainless bezel on the white dial on rubber for GF.
The resulting mashup would be a white dial on black rubber strap with black pvd bezel.
Does anyone know if those bezels can be unscrewed and removed this way?
Photo of what I am envisionin below with each donor GF watch below:

Reactions: leo6929

EggsVoL

Known Member
28/8/22
ya. tks u man, got it clear :D

MambaMentality60

8/24
Patron
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Does 3kf fit genuine Cartier strap?
Read somewhere that GF does, but not sure about the other factories
Havent tried on 3kf yet. 3kf doesnt come with a free leather strap like the GF does (like come on 3kf why?)
I am hoping to try on a GF leather strap on my 3kf first before going for gen strap or delugs aftermarket. If anyone has no need for their GG leather strap for santos medium, let me know!

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
Yeah that’s the only reason I haven’t pulled trigger on 3kf yet, but no issue if it fits gen strap.

The rounded second hand on both is really annoying though.