• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

MambaMentality60

8/24
Patron
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Good to hear your quick change links were working well.
Mine were a real pain.
Did you use any tools or just fingers?
I've been wearing mine daily now for a bit. i'm liking it more tbh
Using my finger nails to push down yes, no need to use any tools on mine.

Plenitude

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
Received my 3kf santos medium today. Measured the thickness with my digital calipers and I am getting 9.1-9.2mm thick. (Measured points were from caseback to polished bezel part)

First impressions:
Dial and crystal is almost perfect to my eyes. I know GF has the frosting crystal issue which resulted in the swiss made font being covered. This doesnt happen to 3kf. The printing quality and dial texture color is just as good as gen IMO. The smart link+bracelet change system works flawlessly for me.
Heres Gen dial and the 3KF santos medium rep for comparison:

I have never held gen, GF, or BVF, so I cant compare the bracelet quality, but I think the 3kf bracelet very solid for a rep. It has the usual sharpness on the corners of each underside link - this will need to be smoothen for more comfort fit on wrist. The bracelet and clasp quality reminds me of PPF v4 5711 Nautilus if that helps. (Solid IMO)

Overall I am pretty happy with the overall quality of the 3KF rep. However its a shame that it doesnt come together with a free leather strap - I really wished 3kf didnt be so stingy in this regard (someone pls give me a leather strap 🤣)

Enjoy the extra pics:

Hi, I have the same as yours 3kf, but how do you tell the dial is like gen? Both, logo and roman numeral font are completely off. And i'm very sad.

MambaMentality60

8/24
Patron
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Hi, I have the same as yours 3kf, but how do you tell the dial is like gen? Both, logo and roman numeral font are completely off. And i'm very sad.
Sorry mate if you are not happy with yours.
I only just put down my first impressions and opinion on this rep. (I am still liking it)
The dial texture and printing quality is of high quality and similar to gen in MY eyes. As for 1:1 accuracy of ‘text font’ between 3kf and gen, I did not compare thoroughly as it didn’t really matter to me since the dial is so small.
I will post another photo once I have gen dial installed on my 3kf.

Plenitude

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
23/3/22
Received my 3kf santos medium today. Measured the thickness with my digital calipers and I am getting 9.1-9.2mm thick. (Measured points were from caseback to polished bezel part)

First impressions:
Dial and crystal is almost perfect to my eyes. I know GF has the frosting crystal issue which resulted in the swiss made font being covered. This doesnt happen to 3kf. The printing quality and dial texture color is just as good as gen IMO. The smart link+bracelet change system works flawlessly for me.
Heres Gen dial and the 3KF santos medium rep for comparison:

I have never held gen, GF, or BVF, so I cant compare the bracelet quality, but I think the 3kf bracelet very solid for a rep. It has the usual sharpness on the corners of each underside link - this will need to be smoothen for more comfort fit on wrist. The bracelet and clasp quality reminds me of PPF v4 5711 Nautilus if that helps. (Solid IMO)

Overall I am pretty happy with the overall quality of the 3KF rep. However its a shame that it doesnt come together with a free leather strap - I really wished 3kf didnt be so stingy in this regard (someone pls give me a leather strap 🤣)

Enjoy the extra pics:

Sorry mate if you are not happy with yours.
I only just put down my first impressions and opinion on this rep. (I am still liking it)
The dial texture and printing quality is of high quality and similar to gen in MY eyes. As for 1:1 accuracy of ‘text font’ between 3kf and gen, I did not compare thoroughly as it didn’t really matter to me since the dial is so small.
I will post another photo once I have gen dial installed on my 3kf.
Ah ok, you have the gen dial to put on.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Thanks for the video my friend. I feel it brings me closer to the watch, lol.

Sadly, it seems no factory has been able to reduce that pesky fat beveling on the crystal. Oh, well...

Reactions: rockdaytona

KENNEY

Known Member
24/7/19
Case on gen is 8.83 thick. Does anyone have exact width on any of the reps? Listings all say 9mm, but is that the exact width?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
All my Santos are about 9.5-9.8 mm... negligible difference to gen, I think

Reactions: KENNEY

KENNEY

Known Member
24/7/19
Anybody know which factory has the bracelets with actual screws? I ordered the medium santos from GF and realized people have been having big issues with the screws falling out. Even in Trusty’s video on the website, he’s showcasing a watch with a missing screw lol. Anybody with the GF version have this issue? Loctite?

SKnight

8/7/19
Hi everyone

So ordered a gen strap for my GF Santos 35 and at the time they took payment and everything went smoothly.

But now I get a call a couple of weeks later saying that my order is pending, and they can't proceed till I give them the code on the back of the watch.

So not sure what to do now?!?!

Would really appreciate it someone has a gen or knows someone with a gen, could share the code with me.

Thanks in advance.