• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
This thread seems quiet recently. I just order a 35mm GF and will post my pics when in hand.

Now the decision is hard, should I keep both 40mm and 35mm GF, or let go 40mm. I have to wait until I get my 35mm, haven't I...

SKnight

8/7/19
I love my GF 35mm, but im waiting for them to make the two tone in 35mm as well.

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
mcn7710 I think the santos looks better in 35mm, the design looks more elegant in those proportions obviously this is subjective.

Agree mate. That’s why I have to order an 35mm. I am really happy with the 40mm but I am into vintage now and 35mm is the one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
Just arrived. The quality is great.
ee0a723a7eaf703c8fd7b93d3decfa98.jpg

Dominus77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/19
thanks. I just went through every page in this thread and didnt see any comparison photos of gen vs rep for the illuminations for some reason.
I guess no one is as picky as I am regarding this

The GF v2 seems to illuminate everythign but only the hands look accurate.

Has anyone compare the gen to this?

Thanks for the help

kdy2020260303.jpg

Only the PVD versions of the Santos (of which there are two, one in full black PVD, the other just the bezel in PVD) have lume on the Arabic numerals and hands.

the other versions (full stainless steel) only have lume on the hands. Hope this clarifies.

and yes, I’m also interested in a comparison between a gen PVD and a rep PVD. Hopefully someone can help on this. Much obliged.

Grillo

Supporter
Certified
8/1/20
Germany
Does anybody know if the large GF (blue) will fit to a 8,1“ wrist without buying extra links?

wirmentalo1

Looking Around
20/6/21
Hey guys
I’m about to make my first rep purchase.. I’m totally new to this world.
Im planning to get a Santos 35 (M) and i came across GF and RXW. Which brand would you guys go for and why? Or is there any particular release known that might be worth waiting for ?

ty and best regards

SKnight

8/7/19
Hey guys
I’m about to make my first rep purchase.. I’m totally new to this world.
Im planning to get a Santos 35 (M) and i came across GF and RXW. Which brand would you guys go for and why? Or is there any particular release known that might be worth waiting for ?

ty and best regards

GF, scroll through the thread as to why

Reactions: wirmentalo1

Makoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/2/20
Hi I'm interested in purchasing the Santos / 35mm / yellow gold / two tone / no date. (seems to only be 3KF or BVF factory)

I read thru this whole threat and there doesn't seem to be any information on which is the best version to go with for the 35mm two tone version.

Any experts out there that can chime in?

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
anyone got the full black model yet? one thing that struck me odd is that the deployment clasp seems to be pretty obviously wrong. for once the pieces clasping together are solid and also its black on the photos but silver in real live. also the connecting strap mechanism pieces should be same colour as the case no?

thinking of pulling the trigger anyways

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Anyone with a GF bracelet that wouldn't mind selling me 1 link please? send me a PM. I'm in desperate need of a link! (mines the large size, don't know if theres a difference in bracelets?)

SKnight

8/7/19
Anyone with a GF bracelet that wouldn't mind selling me 1 link please? send me a PM. I'm in desperate need of a link! (mines the large size, don't know if theres a difference in bracelets?)

I've got spare links which you can just have. But mines the 35. So if someone can confirm if the bracelets are the same dimensions I'll send it to you.

Reactions: sukwonee

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I've got spare links which you can just have. But mines the 35. So if someone can confirm if the bracelets are the same dimensions I'll send it to you.

Hey man, thats kind of you. I could measure a link for you? And compare and we could see if they're the same.

They're about 18mm wide and 7mm in height.and 3mm thick.

Much appreciated! <3

SKnight

8/7/19
Hey man, thats kind of you. I could measure a link for you? And compare and we could see if they're the same.

They're about 18mm wide and 7mm in height.and 3mm thick.

Much appreciated! <3

No worries.

Let me cross check the measurements and get back to you.

Reactions: Sonofalich

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under

I can confirm they are not the same. I got both size and sold the 40mm one. Accidentally sent the 35mm bracelet and have to got it back.

Reactions: Sonofalich

LOLOJDOG123

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/9/21
Hey Everyone,

I just pulled the plug on a 35 mm GF thanks to this thread. Would love some help with the QC pics when they roll in!! Looking forward to sharing.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Ive heard that BV has better quality than GF is that true? Seems like GF dial's Cartier is skinner than Gen and BV. And GF's Cartier at 7 seems bigger than Gen and BV

GF's "Cartier" font is a bit skinnier but the letters have a more accurate rectangular proportion, while BVF's font is fatter but the proportions are off in that the letters are more square. Both are off, but they're off in different ways.