• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2018 new Santos

bigtiddygothgf

7/10/18
I just GL'd this:

I hope I didn't miss anything big to RL lol

0wFjc.jpg

0wGOX.jpg

looks great! is that the GF? itching to finally pull the trigger on one.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Cartier called back, on this new model both hands and dial markers are lumed. Bummer that the rep does not, but considering they are going mostly by pics and description, I can see why.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

BE9

Horology Curious
20/5/20
Ontario
Hello everyone, I am new to this thread. Took me awhile to read through and got astonished by how informative it is!

I am particularly interested in Santos in blue; I am collecting pilot watches with blue dial. I have several questions regarding to blue Santos, hopefully I did my research well.
  1. After reading all 38 pages of this thread, I now understand that the GF version has the closest blue dial colour to the gen. However I have not yet found any in-depth comparison/comment on blue Santos by 3KF and RXW. Has anybody had a chance to get their hands on Santos by any of these factories? How were they?
    (3KF: https://trustytime.shop/index.php?ma...ducts_id=21186
    RXW: https://www.intime05.co/cartier/7185-santos-de-cartier-40mm-2018-rxw-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015.html)
  2. Some of previous comments mentioned that the date font of GF Santos is wrong. So I did another research and these are what I found:
    Cartier Website: https://ca.cartier.com/en-ca/collect...ier-watch.html
    GF (please refer to the video): https://trustytime.shop/index.php?ma...ducts_id=20118
    Gen Youtube Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKA5iCXj8g0
    Pardon me for posting many links; I prepared screenshots but realized I cannot upload them here directly.

Luckily the date of Santos from all of these sources indicate "17", which enables accurate comparison. Strangely, the Santos from GF and Cartier website share the same date font while the actual gen shows different font: thicker and more classic. I suppose the font from youtube review is correct as it is the actual watch but I need clarification here.
  3. From my understanding, it seems as two size variations of blue Santos exist: 38mm and 40mm (unlike medium 35mm and large 40mm of Santos in other dial colours). I believe 38mm version is Santos 100 and 40mm version is Santos (de Cartier). I'd like to know whether this is correct and whether GF produces both Santos 100 and 40mm Santos with blue dial.
Thank you in advance for the enlightenment!

Last edited:

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
Just got my 35mm GF. What a beauty. But holy shit this thing is loud on certain angles when moving my wrist. It's like there's something broken inside lol

jai04

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/8/13
Accidents and Emergency
Anyone here who has a problem with the quick release on the bracelet? One of the quick release of my bracelets does not seem to work, I can't remove the bracelet. Is there any other way of removing it?

Radec

Known Member
5/12/18
Anyone here who has a problem with the quick release on the bracelet? One of the quick release of my bracelets does not seem to work, I can't remove the bracelet. Is there any other way of removing it?

The one attached to a link or the watch?

Mine's pretty stiff at first, I had to press really hard before it loosen up.

carlocarlo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/19
Bologna
Hello everybody!
I would to show my new Santos Cartier a very fine watch and also very important when you’re dressing...
I bought from Ryan INTIMEWATCHES 05 ,a great seller,in my opinion,
a serious man and also very very kind!
All the best for all of you,Carlo

Reactions: Shylock Eins

John_Mary

2/5/15
USA
Anyone in CONUS has a rep strap+buckle they're not using? I got a GF white dial large version M2M but it comes with the bracelet only. Would be interested in buying your rep strap+buckle if you're not using it. Any factory will do as long as it can be fitted to the GF large case.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

atozzotas

7/1/15
Anyone in CONUS has a rep strap+buckle they're not using? I got a GF white dial large version M2M but it comes with the bracelet only. Would be interested in buying your rep strap+buckle if you're not using it. Any factory will do as long as it can be fitted to the GF large case.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes PM for details

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iamxd

9/8/17
Europe
Just received my GF 35mm, I'm very happy with the quality and especially the bracelet and it's features. Unfortunately I didn't ask Ryan for timegrapher pictures and the watch loses more time per day than expected. Are there any good watch makers im EU who can take care of this problem? Domi unfortunately does not have time at the moment.

Afterwards I'm probably going to sell it, since it's a little bit small on my wrist and I keep looking at it to check the date (which doesn't exist haha)

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
I would like to know which factory version the movement is less noisy KoR or RWX.
Last year I had one in my hands, don't if it was GF or KoR, but rltor was terrible noisy

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Tony12345

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/20
Do you guys know what is the weight difference between the gen and the rep Santos 40mm for the SS and the golden Version? Also comes the gold color close to gen (couldn’t find a comparison here yet unfortunately)?

i really like golden watches but usually the quality and especially the weight difference is a big problem for me on reps. I want to buy a gen dark-brown alligator strap so at least the weight isn’t that crucial anymore.

Last edited:

JaPa93

Horology Curious
6/8/20
Germany (BW)
Hey guys,

I have been a silent fellow reader in this thread for quite some time and recently decided to order a GF Santos 35mm.

Unfortunately GF seems to have problems with the printing especially with this model. The Cartier lettering in the 7 hour marker has no more distance to the 'V' and even sticks into it.

And this is where my dilemma starts: I can't live with the printing error and I don't want to follow the suggestion of my TD to choose another factory. (since GF told him that the cartier print looks the same on all availabe watches atm)

GF has in the past, however, produced several watches with an excellent print quality in my eyes, so I asked when a new batch should be available. So maybe I can sit this out.

How is the print quality of your GF watches? Is this an old known problem which I missed completly?

For those who are ordering a GF Santos 35mm, double check the print!

Reactions: Pope

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Hey guys,

How is the print quality of your GF watches? Is this an old known problem which I missed completly?

For those who are ordering a GF Santos 35mm, double check the print!

I just GL'd a 35mm GF Santos a couple weeks ago. Cartier printing on mine looks fine FWIW.